Earl Grey Supreme

Bergamot, Creamy, Floral, Malt, Smooth, Citrus
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

From Harney & Sons

To the connoisseur we offer Earl Grey Supreme, which uses a higher grade of teas along with the addition of Silver Tips. Most of our customers have never gone back to our regular Earl Grey once they have tasted the Supreme. If you love Bergamot and fine tea, this is the blend for you.

Kosher.

About Harney & Sons View company

a really, really good Earl

This tea has a little white blended in…the “Ceylon Vintage Silver Tips” from the description (btw harneytea, you’re busted on your generic tea picture…it doesn’t show any of the Silver Tips"). I don’t know that the Silver Tips does anything much for the tea other than add visual appeal to the mix. The tea is smooth and mellow with no “grassy” finish (unlike Viennese Earl Grey by Harney). It doesn’t have much of a bergamot smell, but the flavor is definetly there to taste. A very good, high quality Earl Grey.

More Earl Grey. I think this one is one of the best Earl Greys I’ve had. It’s a pleasant relaxing one.

One of my favourite Earl Greys.

Warning, Earl Gray is not usually my thing, but I received a free sample of this so thought I would give it a try.

First off, I got distracted this morning and ended up over steeping this about an extra 3 minutes. It is a little overly strong, but not bitter, which is a plus.

As for flavors, not much I can say. Its bergamot. Not only powerful like in some, but its a flavor I’m pretty sensitive to, and since I don’t like it . . .
I can’t really taste any other flavors or smell any other aromas.

I’m not going to rate this tea as I knew going in that I was unlikely to like it.

Flavors: Bergamot

I feel weird looking at my cupboard, because I stopped drinking flavored teas awhile ago, and have been moving toward Pu-Erh, Oolong, and natural teas. Earl Grey will always be Earl Grey though, and I must review all of the flavored tea in my cupboard before I can begin taking note of my present interests. This tea packs a much brighter citrus flavor than other earl grey’s that I’ve had in the past. Not a very deep tea.

Backlog
I used the last of this sample packet. It previously opened I don’t know how long. Earl Grey’s are hit and miss for me. I love how bergamot smells but often don’t like the taste. This one is fine, but I don’t taste much of bergamot for anything else really. Wet leaves smell of bergamot. I don’t think this is the tea for me.

Flavors: Bergamot

Found this at the international grocery. The scent is so nicely bergamot. That comes across in the flavour well, along with some creamy notes. It is a bit floral too.

Very good. Glad I went back for it. Having another cup while watching ‘The Prestige’.

Flavors: Bergamot, Creamy, Floral

Inkling

That’s one of my favorite Earl Greys!

Lariel of Lórien

I was at the international grocery again, so I got more.

I like this earl because it doesn’t have an over powering bergamot flavor. Supremely mild, but tasty. I will enjoy this regularly.