Earl Grey Supreme

Bergamot, Malt, Smooth, Citrus, Creamy, Floral
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “I guess my latest mini-obsession is Earl Grey :) Let's see, I had a very long Chinese obsession, followed by mini obsessions of Assam, then Chai, now Earl :) I threw a sample of this in my cart...” Read full tasting note
    JacquelineM 1112 tasting notes
  • “You know you have become a true tea drinker when......... ...you are sitting on the porch in 80 degree weather drinking hot Earl Grey Supreme. And you are usually hot in this kind of weather. ...” Read full tasting note
    SimplyJenW 974 tasting notes
  • “I'm finishing up the last of this delicious Earl Grey today - but I think I should have saved it to drink while watching Star Trek! Either way, this tea is great as a tea latte with the citrusy...” Read full tasting note
    mrawlins2 1015 tasting notes
  • “A sample of this arrived with my recent Harney order. I thought I'd give it a go this morning. I'm not a huge Earl Grey fan...I like it, but it's a case of I like what I like and don't often branch...” Read full tasting note
    ThePurrfectCup 374 tasting notes

From Harney & Sons

To the connoisseur we offer Earl Grey Supreme, which uses a higher grade of teas along with the addition of Silver Tips. Most of our customers have never gone back to our regular Earl Grey once they have tasted the Supreme. If you love Bergamot and fine tea, this is the blend for you.

Kosher.

About Harney & Sons View company

a really, really good Earl

This tea has a little white blended in…the “Ceylon Vintage Silver Tips” from the description (btw harneytea, you’re busted on your generic tea picture…it doesn’t show any of the Silver Tips"). I don’t know that the Silver Tips does anything much for the tea other than add visual appeal to the mix. The tea is smooth and mellow with no “grassy” finish (unlike Viennese Earl Grey by Harney). It doesn’t have much of a bergamot smell, but the flavor is definetly there to taste. A very good, high quality Earl Grey.

More Earl Grey. I think this one is one of the best Earl Greys I’ve had. It’s a pleasant relaxing one.

One of my favourite Earl Greys.

Thank you to Kyla for sending me a sample of this delicious tea! I think this is the best Earl Grey I’ve ever had! The base is smooth and flavorful and perfectly balanced with just the right amount of bergamot. It takes milk beautifully, but this is one of the few Earl Grey teas that I would consider drinking straight. Absolutely delicious!

Flavors: Bergamot, Malt, Smooth

I generally don’t go wrong with Earl Grey, but this one is extra nice. I didn’t add any milk, just a tiny bit of sugar, and it was fantastic.

Earl Grey was not one of my favorite teas, but this one has made me a convert. Brisk but creamy and smooth with the perfect amount of bergamot for an earthy yet floral finish. Delicious prepared Irish style, i.e. with a touch of milk and sweetener. I use either honey or raw sugar.

Flavors: Citrus, Creamy, Floral, Smooth

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 6 OZ / 177 ML

Marco Polo TTB

Nice Earl nothing outstanding but something I could see myself impulsively adding to an order to reach free shipping.

Sample cube 6/18

This is what an Earl Grey should be like. The bergamot in this one is very fragrant and fresh-seeming, without being too sharp as it can be in some blends. The tea itself is nicely robust and quite smooth. The packaging indicates “four types of black tea and silver tips”, which seems a little extravagant for a blend where most of the nuances will be lost in the bergamot anyway, but the tea base really is quite good. So far I’m finding that Harney and Sons does traditional English-styled teas very well, with more mixed results on “creative” blends. There are still a lot of samples to go through…