Earl Grey Supreme

Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “I guess my latest mini-obsession is Earl Grey :) Let's see, I had a very long Chinese obsession, followed by mini obsessions of Assam, then Chai, now Earl :) I threw a sample of this in my cart...” Read full tasting note
    JacquelineM 1112 tasting notes
  • “You know you have become a true tea drinker when......... ...you are sitting on the porch in 80 degree weather drinking hot Earl Grey Supreme. And you are usually hot in this kind of weather. ...” Read full tasting note
    SimplyJenW 956 tasting notes
  • “I'm finishing up the last of this delicious Earl Grey today - but I think I should have saved it to drink while watching Star Trek! Either way, this tea is great as a tea latte with the citrusy...” Read full tasting note
    mrawlins2 1011 tasting notes
  • “A sample of this arrived with my recent Harney order. I thought I'd give it a go this morning. I'm not a huge Earl Grey fan...I like it, but it's a case of I like what I like and don't often branch...” Read full tasting note
    ThePurrfectCup 374 tasting notes

From Harney & Sons

To the connoisseur we offer Earl Grey Supreme, which uses a higher grade of teas along with the addition of Silver Tips. Most of our customers have never gone back to our regular Earl Grey once they have tasted the Supreme. If you love Bergamot and fine tea, this is the blend for you.

Kosher.

About Harney & Sons View company

Dry: I was surprised to see I hadn’t already reviewed this because I had it before at a restaurant and that was the reason I wanted to order it for the house. Anyhow, it is made up of short black and brown leaves (black and oolong teas). It has white tea in the ingredients also, but there are only a few silver needles in the 1.5 tsp I used along with a few twigs. It smells very fresh and lemony and obviously has a good bit of bergamot in the mix.

Steeped: Clear light brown liquor. I expected this to be darker, but I guess the oolong and white tea kept it from darkening up too much. The steeped aroma is lovely if you like citrusy scents. The bergamot and the tea come out really nicely with heat.

Taste: I am picky about Earl Grey types, but this one is pleasant and aromatic. Rich and flavorful, it is naturally sweet and light to medium-bodied with a rich lemony background. I added a dash of whole milk, which gives it a creamy dimension as well. This is a very decent breakfast cup to start the day.

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Brace yourselves. I’m trying a new Earl Grey outside of my comfort zone.

This cup in the morning hasn’t been too shabby. Harney seem to have used more tea than bergamot, which doesn’t bother me in the slightest. As long as my Earl Grey has that citrusy wang, tout va bien.

Very pleasant and light

Lemony and a nice touch of bergamot. Not overpowering on the flavoring can still taste some of the tea. If you feel like drinking an Earl Grey tea, you can’t go wrong with this tea.

One of the best earl greys I have ever tried. This is now one of my tea staples.

I usually drink this as a latte, as it is strong enough to stand on its own flavorwise against the milk, as opposed to some earl grey’s that can get washed out. The bergamot is nice and substantial tasting, good middle of the road

My SO’s aunt said this is one of her favorite teas so I’ve been wanting to try it. I got a cup at Tom n Tom’s and I loved it! It has such a great flavor. It’s perfect all on its own, without cream or sugar. Its really clean, not too strong or too mild and definitely not bitter or astringent.

So, I just joined Steepster and this is my first tasting note. I can’t pretend that I have a ton of tea knowledge beyond Lipton’s tea bags and fishing through the giant crazy plastic bag of teas that moves with my roommate from apartment to apartment. Which is where this came from. I liked this tea, a nice flavor if a little weak, but then I have no idea how old it was when I found it (I’m going to have to have to alter our tea storage situation I think). I tend to lean toward black tea over green or herbal teas, and this one was not too bitter or anything. It was very good with my weird breakfast of leftover cabbage and potatoes. Wow, that is crazy English isn’t it? Anyway, I hope that in the future I’ll be able to provide some more insight and knowledge on my tea!

The breakfast staple that has replaced my old obsession with Irish Breakfast tea. Wonderful flavors and aromas that just wake you up.

200 °F / 93 °C

Every time I go to Barnes & Nobles, this is the Earl Grey they serve me. I drink this tea slowly, to enjoy the nice flavor.