Earl Grey Supreme

Lemon, Orange, Bergamot, Creamy, Floral, Malt, Smooth, Citrus
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

From Harney & Sons

To the connoisseur we offer Earl Grey Supreme, which uses a higher grade of teas along with the addition of Silver Tips. Most of our customers have never gone back to our regular Earl Grey once they have tasted the Supreme. If you love Bergamot and fine tea, this is the blend for you.

Kosher.

About Harney & Sons View company

I like this earl because it doesn’t have an over powering bergamot flavor. Supremely mild, but tasty. I will enjoy this regularly.

Flavors: Bergamot

Next time use scanter teaspoons, I think. It’s understated on the bergamot and a bit bitter in the finish, but I think that might be due to brewing the pot just a little strong. I like that it’s not over the top, but I’ve had Earl Grey’s I’ve liked better. Probably a good base for lavender.

Flavors: Bergamot

Boiling 4 min, 15 sec 4 tsp 24 OZ / 709 ML

Thank you to Kyla for sending me a sample of this delicious tea! I think this is the best Earl Grey I’ve ever had! The base is smooth and flavorful and perfectly balanced with just the right amount of bergamot. It takes milk beautifully, but this is one of the few Earl Grey teas that I would consider drinking straight. Absolutely delicious!

Flavors: Bergamot, Malt, Smooth

I generally don’t go wrong with Earl Grey, but this one is extra nice. I didn’t add any milk, just a tiny bit of sugar, and it was fantastic.

Earl Grey was not one of my favorite teas, but this one has made me a convert. Brisk but creamy and smooth with the perfect amount of bergamot for an earthy yet floral finish. Delicious prepared Irish style, i.e. with a touch of milk and sweetener. I use either honey or raw sugar.

Flavors: Citrus, Creamy, Floral, Smooth

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 6 OZ / 177 ML

Marco Polo TTB

Nice Earl nothing outstanding but something I could see myself impulsively adding to an order to reach free shipping.

Sample cube 6/18

This is what an Earl Grey should be like. The bergamot in this one is very fragrant and fresh-seeming, without being too sharp as it can be in some blends. The tea itself is nicely robust and quite smooth. The packaging indicates “four types of black tea and silver tips”, which seems a little extravagant for a blend where most of the nuances will be lost in the bergamot anyway, but the tea base really is quite good. So far I’m finding that Harney and Sons does traditional English-styled teas very well, with more mixed results on “creative” blends. There are still a lot of samples to go through…

Last one for the backlog. This one is strictly so-so for me, but I think my opinion of it is tainted by my first couple of experiences with it. The hotel restaurant seemingly didn’t have much experience making tea, so I only got one teabag for two cups of water, and it was pretty much impossible to get anything out of that that wasn’t lightly scented water or sludge.

My next experience with it was better. This is a good earl grey, firmly on the citrus side of bergamot and a little astringent. I think there are better Harney EG blends, but it was fine for breakfast and helped wake me up the last couple of days of our trip.

The bergamot was slight tasting in this for me. Not sure I am a fan of this type of tea.

Bought a tin of this in loose leaf. I think that’s important to mention, as all the lower ratings on this tea were for the sachet or bagged version.
This Earl Grey Supreme is everything I thought it’d be. There’s nothing new I can add to the body of comments about this lovely drink, only that I am merely another tea lover who is really very glad that she has this in her cupboard.