Earl Grey Supreme

Bergamot, Creamy, Floral, Malt, Smooth, Citrus
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

From Harney & Sons

To the connoisseur we offer Earl Grey Supreme, which uses a higher grade of teas along with the addition of Silver Tips. Most of our customers have never gone back to our regular Earl Grey once they have tasted the Supreme. If you love Bergamot and fine tea, this is the blend for you.

About Harney & Sons View company

I generally don’t go wrong with Earl Grey, but this one is extra nice. I didn’t add any milk, just a tiny bit of sugar, and it was fantastic.

Earl Grey was not one of my favorite teas, but this one has made me a convert. Brisk but creamy and smooth with the perfect amount of bergamot for an earthy yet floral finish. Delicious prepared Irish style, i.e. with a touch of milk and sweetener. I use either honey or raw sugar.

Flavors: Citrus, Creamy, Floral, Smooth

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 6 OZ / 177 ML

Marco Polo TTB

Nice Earl nothing outstanding but something I could see myself impulsively adding to an order to reach free shipping.

Sample cube 6/18

This is what an Earl Grey should be like. The bergamot in this one is very fragrant and fresh-seeming, without being too sharp as it can be in some blends. The tea itself is nicely robust and quite smooth. The packaging indicates “four types of black tea and silver tips”, which seems a little extravagant for a blend where most of the nuances will be lost in the bergamot anyway, but the tea base really is quite good. So far I’m finding that Harney and Sons does traditional English-styled teas very well, with more mixed results on “creative” blends. There are still a lot of samples to go through…

Last one for the backlog. This one is strictly so-so for me, but I think my opinion of it is tainted by my first couple of experiences with it. The hotel restaurant seemingly didn’t have much experience making tea, so I only got one teabag for two cups of water, and it was pretty much impossible to get anything out of that that wasn’t lightly scented water or sludge.

My next experience with it was better. This is a good earl grey, firmly on the citrus side of bergamot and a little astringent. I think there are better Harney EG blends, but it was fine for breakfast and helped wake me up the last couple of days of our trip.

The bergamot was slight tasting in this for me. Not sure I am a fan of this type of tea.

Bought a tin of this in loose leaf. I think that’s important to mention, as all the lower ratings on this tea were for the sachet or bagged version.
This Earl Grey Supreme is everything I thought it’d be. There’s nothing new I can add to the body of comments about this lovely drink, only that I am merely another tea lover who is really very glad that she has this in her cupboard.

Not sure where I picked up this tea bag, but it sure comes in handy when traveling. Unfortunately it is far from delicious. It is like it is all high notes with the bergamot and no base to round it out. A little flat too. Well I’ll be skipping this one for an EG addition to my cupboard!

Dustin, I feel your pain. So many tea producers use substandard tea for an Earl Grey, expecting the bergamot to be the main event and overshadow everything else. I’m surprised you caught Harney doing this, though. Are you sure the teabag was from a box purchased within the past year?

I’m thinking I snagged this bag from a Vegas casino last June and it has been in the paper pouch in a drawer since then. I would imagine that the casino would go through tea at a reasonably fast pace. Even if the tea was a little stale, I have had some fairly exceptional EGs before that would way outshine this one, even if it did taste better.

I was looking to make a quick cup of tea this afternoon, so I grabbed my tin that’s chocked full of random tea bags and quickly decided upon this one.

Since this is called Earl Grey Supreme I was expecting to get hit in the face with a lot of bergamot. I wouldn’t consider this a bad thing. I like bergamot and the citrus in pretty much any Earl Grey. I was pleasantly surprised however when it wasn’t an extra dose of flavoring that made this tea supreme but rather very nice ingredients that were expertly balanced. The base tea was smooth and more robust than I expected. All of the citrus flavors were evenly balanced and melded together beautifully. It was such a good cup.

If this is what Harney and Sons can do with the bagged version of this tea then I can’t wait to get my hands on the loose leaf version. My next H&S order is going to be huge!

Perhaps I am not much of a seasoned earl greyer but I do not find anything supreme about this tea.

I mean, it’s good. It’s a very decent EG. I am quite content sipping it right now. The base is somewhat strong and astringent, and that is fine with me. The bergamot flavor is not too pushy, it blends well with the rest, doesn’t bully the base tea notes and instead plays along nicely with them. Good clean bergamot fun.

But I guess I expected something extraordinary and stupendous, something SUPREME. All it might mean, though, is that it is just a notch (or two) better than Harney & Son’s standard EG, which I have never had, so I can’t know the difference.

It’s okay. I wouldn’t invest in a tin of it, though.

Boiling 3 min, 15 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML