Darjeeling Highlands

Edit tea info Last updated by Teawench
Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 8 oz / 251 ml

• “Has a smell like the attic at first...a little bitterness but overall not bad. The aroma in the cup is pleasing. It is muscatel which I'm not exactly sure the definition....but to me that means...” Read full tasting note
    thedjbooth 350 tasting notes
  • “Not very impressive to me as far as flavoring. Will probably have to add something to it next time just so I make sure to keep coming back to it so it doesn't go to waste. Also not a very...” Read full tasting note
    nekosexual 3 tasting notes
  • “Just had a cup of this tea from a sampler pack I bought at Harney's. sated so-so for me nothing great but not bad. A little bit plain so I added some milk and agave even though it was a pretty...” Read full tasting note
    Cs1679 22 tasting notes
  • “This tea was nice and light. Even though the taste was a bit flattish, it is advertised as mellow and light. Perfect for a rainy morning on campus, like today. Would drink again.” Read full tasting note
    majis_tea 1 tasting notes

From Harney & Sons

High in the mountains, deep in the mists that surround the Himalayas is Darjeeling ~ “Queen of Teas”. Our Darjeeling tea is a blend of First Flush and Autumnal teas from the best gardens. This mixture yields a light color in the cup – a fragrant “nose”. A great value.

About Harney & Sons View company

Has a smell like the attic at first…a little bitterness but overall not bad. The aroma in the cup is pleasing. It is muscatel which I’m not exactly sure the definition….but to me that means an aroma of fall leaves….which I don’t think is a bad thing because fall is one of my favorite seasons.

Not very impressive to me as far as flavoring. Will probably have to add something to it next time just so I make sure to keep coming back to it so it doesn’t go to waste. Also not a very impressive scent, but I didn’t think the scent was TERRIBLE as other reviews have said. Just not anything special.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 251 ML

Just had a cup of this tea from a sampler pack I bought at Harney’s. sated so-so for me nothing great but not bad. A little bit plain so I added some milk and agave even though it was a pretty light color. I think Darjeeling just might not be my favorite kind of black tea….. ?

This tea has a strong pungent smell, but it has a very light taste. I can taste the blackness of the tea and the orange pekoe. Has a slight after taste, but very good. Cheers!

For a bag tea, this isn’t bad. It isn’t as harsh as one might expect from a bagged tea. I’m not sure I’d ever buy this for use at my house but I’d definitely order it from restaurants that carry it.