Black Fruit Blend
Berries, Caramel, Vanilla, Cocoa
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “Thanks hotel internet, for kicking me off just at the time I went to post this tasting note. Fortunately it wasn't very long. I discovered a couple more sachets of this hidden in a tin of French...” Read full tasting note
    dinosara 1842 tasting notes
  • “My alarm blared in my ear this morning, and my first thought was "oh no, I don't want to go to work today." and then i realized it was Sunday morning and not Monday morning, and I felt happy. But...” Read full tasting note
    keychange 404 tasting notes
  • “So my throat feels less scratchier now than it did this morning. Let's hope it stays that way! My head, OTOH, feels like crap. Advils, water and tea haven't made a dent in it. :O Is it a sinus...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1384 tasting notes
  • “So I forgot to bring honey or sugar in for my Paris, but I was so in the mood for it this morning. I got the idea in my head to mix it with Golden Monkey. I was hoping that the honeyed sweetness of...” Read full tasting note
    JacquelineM 1112 tasting notes

From Harney & Sons

Mike has enjoyed many a pot of tea in the famous Paris tea shops. In homage to the city he has created this blend, reminiscent of one of their most popular blends. It is a fruity black tea with vanilla and caramel flavors, and a hint of lemony Bergamot.

Kosher.

About Harney & Sons View company

Thanks hotel internet, for kicking me off just at the time I went to post this tasting note. Fortunately it wasn’t very long. I discovered a couple more sachets of this hidden in a tin of French rose-flavored hard candies. Score! I forgot how awesome this tea was, which always happens when I don’t have a tea I love for a long time. I really have to restock on this at some point.

Scott B

Just bought some of this a few days ago-I need to try it.

TeaBrat

I Heart Paris…

K S

So…. were you hiding tea from yourself or others?

Dinosara

I stashed them in the tin because I usually carry it around with me in my purse so I would always have tea if needed (tea emergency LOL!), but I forgot they were in there.

Missy

That’s an awesome idea! I have a huge purse and I never use even half of it. You are brilliant Dinosara. :D

My alarm blared in my ear this morning, and my first thought was “oh no, I don’t want to go to work today.” and then i realized it was Sunday morning and not Monday morning, and I felt happy. But also a little unhappy because tomorrow morning is indeed Monday morning. I tend to have hermit tendencies at the best of times, but I find that during the winter months in particular, I seem to be in hyper hibernation mode, where I think I’d be perfectly content never leaving my house ever ever ever. I think i should be a bear. I have a shopping trip planned with some friends in a few hours, and although shopping is almost a guaranteed pick-me-up, the thought of just getting into normal people clothes and leaving the house is really annoying.

Sorry. You didn’t ask to read my boring diary. This tea!
I’m not sure if I’ve said this before, but this tea has acquired permanent collection status for me. I like the fact that there’s the mildest touch of bergamot here, and a creamy, honeyed vanilla sensation as well. I didn’t feel like fussing with a strainer and measuring leaves this morning, and a sachet of this still brews a perfect cup. I’m also going to try Tower of London, because I’m told that it’s different but similar, and I wonder which one I’ll like more. In that vein, I’d also like to go to Parris to see if this tea will indeed be evocative of Parris things. Yes, I’m articulate LOL.

VariaTEA

Haha keychange, I am the same way. If I had it my way I would just live in my comfy, cozy bed.

Courtney

Haha my alarm also blared this morning. Such a pain when we forget to turn it off Saturday night. I’m also a total homebody, I’d much rather be at home all day in my comfy sweats drinking tea. :P

keychange

I know! I hate having to be a functional adult sometimes. Some people really enjoy mingling with the world, and I do too, but not very often and only when I’m in the mood for it.

Courtney

I am a total introvert! We were just having this conversation the other day since my other half is a complete extrovert. Sometimes it’s a wonder how we make it work haha.

keychange

You should read “Quiet” by Susan Cane—it’s a really good book about introverts. I’m an introvert at heart, although I think I’m dressed in an extrovert’s clothing. I just find so much interaction to be exhausting, especially when it’s cold and miserable outside.

Courtney

I will add that to my reading list :) I am exactly the same with interaction. The holidays are always so exhausting for me. I just read this article actually http://www.nwedible.com/2013/12/introvert-christmas.html.

TheTeaFairy

Ditto Mama Bear Keychange, though I love winter, I also like to hibernate for a while :-) who needs to ever go out when there’s plenty of tea and books in ones house I ask???

Fjellrev

I am so ridiculously introverted too, and really value my alone time. I hope you can enjoy the rest of your weekend before the new week full of social interactions begins. :)

yyz

I’ve always been kind of both. Every time I do Myers Briggs I’m right on the line.

keychange

Yes, I tend to have a foot in either world, although based on preferences alone, I think I’m more introverted. ambivert! I’m all tuckered out now. Successful shopping trip!

tigress_al

Haha, normal people clothes, when my mom suggested that we meet for brunch this morning, the first thing I thought was “but that means I have to actually put nice clothes on”
Shopping sure does have a way to pick up the spirits though!

sherapop

I am planning to do a side-by-side steep-off of Paris with Tower of London soon! Perhaps you should join me?

keychange

Tigress, I know. getting out of pjs requires endless effort on my part. I could live in pjs. And sherapop, I’ll keep an eye out for that comparison; unfortunately, I don’t have ToL yet, so can’t join you, but plan on acquiring it soon.

caile

I just read that article, Courtney; it was good! There was also a link to a video with Susan Cane which was also excellent – I’ll have to check out her book, keychange – thanks for mentioning it!

keychange

The book by Susan Cane is such an excellent read; I hope you enjoy it as much as Mr. Keychange and I did (we read it together).

caile

:-) That’s so sweet that you read it together!

So my throat feels less scratchier now than it did this morning. Let’s hope it stays that way! My head, OTOH, feels like crap. Advils, water and tea haven’t made a dent in it. :O Is it a sinus headache? Is it because I’ve had too little/too much caffeiene? Yipes.

I’ll just sit and sip away at this and eat carrots and dip and try not to think about it. I love Paris. Thanks MissB for the awesome sale on this one. :) I’ve got enough to last me awhile and now I have no reason to pay $15 shipping from the U.S.

Tuscanteal

I have one sachet left of this and then I’m out. I need to do a H&S order soon on this one!

VariaTEA

I was going to say I am glad you are feeling better and then I continued reading only to realize one symptom left but another took it’s place. In that case, I will say that I hope you feel better soon!

Cavocorax

Thanks! I can stop complaining now. Paris took my headache away. Or seems to have! :D

And Tuscanteal – if you’re only looking for Paris, check Chapters – sometimes you can get it from there. Also, I think other places in Canada do too… (Just to save you the outrageous H&S shipping fees)

VariaTEA

Yay! Tea makes everything better :)

keychange

My prayers to the universe:
1) that you feel better soon.
2) that we may never run out of Paris!

Tuscanteal

Yay! You’re feeling better. Yeah I can ship to the states… I’m sure if Miss B wanted a vacation, I could step in a tea mule, as I live about 20 mins from the American border.

Cavocorax

LOL @ Keychange. :)
And that’s awesome Tuscanteal!

So I forgot to bring honey or sugar in for my Paris, but I was so in the mood for it this morning. I got the idea in my head to mix it with Golden Monkey. I was hoping that the honeyed sweetness of GM would act like a sweetener, and take that little bit of bitterness away.

Success! I have a less berried and vanilla-ed cuppa, but it’s much naturally sweeter and a pleasure to drink sans additions. I may take it like this all the time — I much rather tea blend than use sugar :) although I’m still yearning to try it with honey to try and replicate Tower of London. It also resteeps better, as the GM is a beautiful resteeper.

One more thing – Eee — look how cute my new brew mug is! http://www.premiumsteap.com/p-503-fox-mug.aspx

KeenTeaThyme

And a second like for that cutie mug! :)

Ysaurella

too cute, I love the fox

CupofTree

It is cute! I saw an owl one just like that, wish I knew the website.

JacquelineM

Also — it looks like there is a bird one too (Put a bird on it! Portlandia!) http://www.svtea.com/Owl-Tea-Infuser-Mug/productinfo/A1739/

JacquelineM

Ooops – that should have been http://www.svtea.com/Red-Bird-Toile-Tea-Infuser-Mug/productinfo/A1781/ I was thinking too hard about how funny Portlandia is (awww who’d throw that out!?!)

CupofTree

wow thanks for the link! yay! haha put a bird on it!! oh god portlandia lol

CupofTree

the bird one is kinda cute too. man I really want the owl one!!

that is really cute!

ashmanra

Oh, I love the birdie one! The owl is cute, too. My daughter and my BFF would want that one.

LadyLondonderry

Hmmm, your honey plan is making me wonder if combining decaf Paris with a soupcon of Elyse’s Blend would produce similar ToL-esque results. I might have to conduct a controlled study this weekend.

Ah, Paris.
I feel cheated out of my weekend, and wish very much that I could go right back to bed and sleep for a while. Ah well.
Work, writing, and all that good stuff today. Paris tea for me.
I’d never had this loose leaf before, and I am amazed. I loved it in the sachet, but there is that undeniable depth of the loose leaf. Yum!

keychange

Hmmm, so you can really tell the difference eh?

Rosehips

Admittedly not all the time, and Paris is as close in the sachet to the loose as I’ve ever seen. Maybe its the amount of leaf? In any case, its tasty!

keychange

Wonderful to know! and yes, I think controlling for leaf amount will always make you at least feel as though there’s a difference.

TeaBrat

The Decaf Paris is good too.

Iced tea of the day……

So thankful I have enough of this in my cupboard now for making iced tea! This is a good one. The notes of berries and bergamot is great cold. The vanilla kind of adds just the perfect bit of smoothness in the beginning and a slight bite at the end. I can tell that I will be drinking this iced for years to come. I love it when I find a tea that is great iced or hot.

Usual iced tea method. (Brewed at boiling double strength and then iced.)

Hesper June

Oh! I LOVE this tea!
I have been waiting for my order to arrive, and I have been thinking about how when it does arrive how I want to try it iced!
Now I know it will be just as delicious as it is hot:)

Well I wanted to pick something to go with the novel I’m reading (Crime and Punishment) but the water was already boiling so I panicked and grabbed this. Which is fine, because I haven’t had it in AGES, and I don’t have any smoky Russian type blends anyway.

inguna

I have read The Brothers Karamazov and The Idiot but was never able to finish Crime and Punishment. I hope the tea helps you to hang in there :)

Bonnie

If you have some floral tea and a Lapsang Souchong, throw a pinch of Lapsang (or other smoky tea) in (just a little) and you’ll have a smoky tea that’s like a Russian Tea. Then, put in a tablespoon or two of strawberry or cherry jam and stir. Eat the jam and sip while reading. (Fr. Basil at the Russian Orthodox Church fixed this jam tea for me)

Janefan

thanks for the support inguna , and thanks for the great idea Bonnie ! I do have a bit of LS (mainly for cooking), and I’ve heard about the Russian jam in tea tradition. I think I even saw it mentioned in the novel. Why didn’t I think of it? I know there’s been a mention of sipping tea with a cube of sugar between ones teeth (sounds messy to me!). And there’s more than a few samovars making an appearance. And the kind housemaid Nastasya who saves the households’ tea and resteeps it for Raskolnikov. I’m not quite halfway through it yet, and this is really my first foray into Russian lit. Maybe not the easiest place to start, but I am enjoying it so far :)

Yay, trying my first Harney’s tea! I picked up 15 sachets of this from a local tea shop yesterday, hehe I cleaned them out of one of their large bags so the guy just gave me my tea in the giant bag! So I get the entire smell of Paris as it’s infused into the bag pretty much haha.

This smells sooo tasty dry. To me, it is a lemon square, with the light lemony bergamot and vanilla. But upon closer sniff, there is a lovely fruity sweetness in there, I am not sure what type of fruit, it seems to be a berry blend with plums maybe? That could also be currants, although the currants I have had I have not liked lol too bitter. But the vanilla and lemon are definitely predominant!

I am steeping this for 3 minutes, 30 s as I don’t want it to get too strong for the first cup. Haha, of course the sachet entirely fell in the tea, had to fish out the string with a fork lol. The steeped smell is VERY Earl Grey, but with the fruitiness there. It is for some reason reminding me of this little pie place I went a few times when I was younger on the way to visiting my grandma’s. This pie and tea house was in a train station, so it was nice and old fashioned and rather classy looking, it seemed to take you back to a different era of wearing nice dresses every day and beautiful hats and sipping tea. That is what the smell of this is reminding me of: refined elegance, afternoon tea time, juicy plums and classic EG. Oh, and now the vanilla is coming out more too as it finished steeping. I am feeling good about this tea! ETA about the smell – it is soooo good. I have been smelling and smelling it and mmmmmm. It’s reminding me of sugar glazed fruit in a vanilla cake of some sort, or a pudding. Yummy.

As for taste, this is pretty delicious. A very strong Earl Grey flavor at the start, but fading into a creamy vanilla fruity aftertaste. I maybe get a fleeting taste of the caramel mid-sip, but that could just be the vanilla first showing itself. This is like a decadent dessert that you have with Earl Grey after a meal. The flavors of those two things combined. It might be a tad stronger than I like, so I might try steeping a little shorter even next time, but it is very good nonetheless. I’m not sure if this really reminds me of Paris, it is reminding me more of having tea with my English great aunt haha. But I must say, this is a pretty good tea, and my second Earl Grey blend in my stash!

Overall, I am quite impressed with this tea. It has a beautiful combination of flavors, the smell is TO DIE FOR, and it’s in a sachet and it’s THIS GOOD. I can only imagine what this is like loose. I will probably have to re-order this in the future, or go back to the local shop and pick up some more. I do feel the caffeine from this and it is pretty sweet, so this may not be an every day tea, but when I feel like treating myself, this will be a good choice.

charchar

After reading this it is making it very hard for me not to go there and get some haha :)

glad you enjoyed this one :)

You have to try some charchar! It’s so yummy :D

And I’m pleased I liked it too Sil, although that means a Harney order may be imminent in the future…and I really don’t need more tea. Haha

Tea Sipper

The perfect tea to start trying from Harney’s! I love this tea & your tasting note!

MissLena

Thanks Tea Sipper! It definitely was the best one to start with, delicious :)

misslena…don’t talk to ME about not needing more tea…if i factor in all the teas i can’t add to steepster because it hates new teas…i’m pretty close to 275 gah!

MissLena

Haha woahh that is a LOT of tea! I could never decide what one I wanted to have it I had that many, I have enough trouble with close to 70! But lots of variety at least :D

The second tea of tea party, and always good! Black currant, I believe, caramel, vanilla, and a hint of bergamot. Smooth base and worthy to be named after The City of Lights.

I REALLY wish the notes on here would have some semblance of organization…having your own listed first would be marvelous. I’m trying to find out if I ever coldbrewed this before, I’ve logged this tea five times but because the first time was in 12/11, that comes up first, and because it barely has any likes, it bumps me all the way to the FIFTH FREAKIN PAGE. In fact last time I logged it I bitched about this.

Answer: I coldbrewed it after the first time trying it. Guess I better commit that to memory now.

So I got this going last night when I realized I finished off a gallon of the pink lemonade iced tea already.

If you bought tea from me, it’s going out tomorrow. It was going to today but after I ate breakfast I felt like hell and my stomach is now realizing what’s happening (I’m doing a Whole 30) and oh it was not fun until about 3:30pm.

Then all I felt like doing was going to my garden and seeing what was grown…I had another huge zucchini. In 4 days I’ve picked 30 ounces of zucchini. I’ve picked 3 jalapenos too. There’s a lot of standing water in the mulch around the plots and it’s attracting mosquitos :( I got so many bites and I was only there less than 10 minutes! The deluge of rain lately has really screwed everyone’s tomato plants…they all look horrid on the bottom halves. I hope they’ll be okay. I’ve got some little bell peppers and cucumbers on the way soon.

I ate a lettuce wrap burger that I knew would be okay to eat because otherwise I was definitely not gonna eat nearly enough food for the day…and finally felt okay ot nap. That felt good, but I slept till 7:30 hahaha. So finally after that I got around to getting this out of the fridge. For being in there about 24 hours it didn’t get gross.

I. LOVE. IT. I need to do this more often. I think I far prefer it this way. It seems less bergamot-y and more fruity with a nice creamy vanilla flavor too.

Too bad I only made a quart of it and I’m already polishing it off.

PS anyone have any ideas of how to eat zucchini I’m already tired of it :(

Lala

I dislike zucchini, but my family loves it. So try eating it raw with lemon pepper on it. Baking it into zucchini bread or muffins, put it in any kind of stir fry or casserole, shred it into a coleslaw.

momo

bread stuff is off limits for now :( but I did see a recipe for brownies that involves zucchini that will be back in later, and I’m sure I’ll still be picking zucchini then. I’ve actually never eaten it raw so I’m going to have to try that! I always saute it and for some reason raw it has never appealed to me, but at the same time I’ve never actually tried it to know for sure.

moraiwe

Zucchini tater tots or pancakes! Or hollow out larger ones, add spicy sausage, marinara and parmesan then bake. Or dice into fry sized strips, coat with egg and panko/parmesan blend with lemon pepper then bake on a cookie tray. Om nom nom!

Angrboda

Dice or slice them, blanch them, cool them and freeze them. :) Then you can eat something else for a bit and no food is wasted.

Mercuryhime

I envy the time you get to spend in your garden. I don’t get home from work until the Mosquitos come out. I’m certainly not doing any gardening then!
As for zucchini, you can make a nice light soup. Onion, garlic, broth, zucchini. Cook. Blend. Cream if you want. Eat.
You can add whatever flavors suit your fancy. Also nice chilled.
And just another shout out to zucchini pancakes. With feta. So tasty.

whatshesaid

I tried to do a whole 30 in January, I maybe made it two weeks and definitely had a few chocolates in there, lol. I’d like to try again sometime!!

I’m waiting for my veggie garden to start growing. For zucchini I’ve used a julienne peeler to make “noodle” for chicken “zoodle” soup, or with an avocado cilantro sauce…. You could maybe layer it like you would eggplant to make lasagna too!
I didn’t read the other comments yet so I apologize if these have already been suggested :)

momo

I think combining everyone’s ideas is going to be best…chop up, freeze, make these pancakes in the future. Also in the future: not let these silly zucchini grow so much!

I wish the garden had benches or something because it’s such a nice spot. But man the mosquitos were not fun. That was the middle of the afternoon too, I thought I’d be safe! But the standing water was that bad :( I’m waiting for the stuff on my patio to grow. I at least have all the herbs available but I’m kind of disappointed that the tomato plants there have just grown upward and done nothing otherwise. Maybe someone sprayed around there for bees without saying anything :[

Chelle

I love to make stir fry with shrimp, onions, bok choy and zucchini; and zucchini-potato latkes with tzatziki!

Mercuryhime

You can also cook zucchini blossoms. Nip that problem in the bud… Literally! :D

momo

I’ve had them tempura fried before…I have been so tempted to pick some of them on the ones on my patio since they had so many more but now I think it’s purposely dropping ones way too early on me on purpose. Though zucchini from there will actually be a normal size so clearly I need to go after the garden ones haha.

Bonnie

Grate them and pat dry. Mix in a few beaten eggs,salt and pepper pepper and fry like latkes. I’d experiment with pancake batter, grated zucchini, lemon and cardamom.

CHAroma

Grilled zucchini is delicious!