Black Fruit Blend
Black Teas, Citrus, Natural And Artificial Flavouring
Bergamot, Flowers, Vanilla, Floral, Fruity, Berries, Caramel, Citrus, Cocoa, Cream, Red Fruits, Tart, Dried Fruit, Blueberry, Honey
Loose Leaf, Sachet, Tea Bag
High
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

• “Thanks hotel internet, for kicking me off just at the time I went to post this tasting note. Fortunately it wasn't very long. I discovered a couple more sachets of this hidden in a tin of French...” Read full tasting note
    dinosara 1933 tasting notes
  • “ I'm still alive, guys! Although I don't think I would have been saying that so enthusiastically even a few days ago. I woke up last Monday morning with a mildly sore throat. You know, the "it...” Read full tasting note
    keychange 450 tasting notes
  • “So my throat feels less scratchier now than it did this morning. Let's hope it stays that way! My head, OTOH, feels like crap. Advils, water and tea haven't made a dent in it. :O Is it a sinus...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1673 tasting notes
  • “So I forgot to bring honey or sugar in for my Paris, but I was so in the mood for it this morning. I got the idea in my head to mix it with Golden Monkey. I was hoping that the honeyed sweetness of...” Read full tasting note
    JacquelineM 1112 tasting notes

From Harney & Sons

Mike has enjoyed many a pot of tea in the famous Paris tea shops. In homage to the city he has created this blend, reminiscent of one of their most popular blends. It is a fruity black tea with vanilla and caramel flavors, and a hint of lemony Bergamot.

Kosher.

About Harney & Sons View company

I’m participating in the Saturday Sample Sipdown! I’m starting off by sipping down the rest of the samples sent to me by BoxerMama (you Rock!).

Paris is nice. I’ve never been there, but I’d like to be. The best I can do for now is this lovely tea, which is fruity, & seemed almost berry-like to me, & nicely vanilla-ed, with a bit of bergamot, but not in a real in-your-face kind of way. There’s almost a caramel taste to it as well. Thanks BoxerMama!

Sipdown

Another sipdown. The next time I purchase this tea it will be in loose leaf tea. I love this tea and am sad that it’s gone. I am not going to buy the sachets though. I prefer it in loose.

I received an oz of this from MissB’s tea stash sale. Thank you!

I have been enjoying this in the morning at work this week. I have been wanting to try this for some time. It is a light fruity, caramel-y tea. I like this quite a bit. I am strongly debating ordering a tin of this with H&S free shipping deal, but committing to 4oz of one flavor of tea seems crazy:)

boychik

Sometimes I place an order over the phone. I order their 2oz min and pay shipping. It’s minimal. I think for 20 something it was 3.95, but I got small amounts, more diversity and saved overall because I didn’t spend $50.

Yvonne

I need to get some of this!

TeaTiff

You can order just 2oz? I was thinking they only sold in sample, 4oz, 7oz, or 1lbs.

boychik

Over the phone. I learn this from ashmanra. You can even ask them to fix a loose leaf sample of something they sell in a sachet form only online. Great customer service, very helpful. I remember talking to Mike Harney couple times when had ?? I have only great experience with them and I’m a loyal customer since they were not that famous.

boychik

forgot to mention if you decide to do it you should tell them about frequent buyer program and get 5% off.

Suziqzer

I was tempted to try the Paris too, but couldn’t decide. So many tasting notes on it, but couldn’t commit. After I’m done playing with dessert teas, maybe I’ll go for it.

TeaTiff

boychik so you rocked my world with that comment! I had been planning to buy a ton of sample sizes for 2 dollars. By calling and ordering from the store I was able to get 2oz of all the teas I wanted to try for just a dollar more! Thank-you! My cupboard will be exploding with H&S here in a few days.

boychik

Glad I could help. I just feel fortunate be able to hop on subway and be in their awesome store.

Oy. Another from SimplyJenW that I drank but did not review. I recall a lot of people saying that Paris is similar to Tower of London (which I love) but for some reason I always think of it as heavy on bergamot. At the moment, that doesn’t seem to be true. Actually, I am starting to think that Paris is the mystery tea that scent contaminated all the rest of my samples. Either that or it is fairly heavy contaminated. Can’t be sure anymore.

The smell is sweet and light, I am not getting much by way of bergamot. Actually, I do get some sweet stone fruit that DOES remind me of ToL. Perhaps I have had false memories of this tea all along. First sips are light and sweet, much like the aroma but with a bit more of a honey note. I am not picking up on any citrus or bergamot but I am really liking the honey/stone fruit notes. Why has this sat neglected for so long? This is a nice little sippable tea. I am glad to introduce it to my work stash, I’m sure it won’t last very long now. :)

Officially finished with the semester! I finished my sample pouch over two sittings and honestly, I think I’m missing out on something. The dry leaf smelled very bland. Faint bergamot with a smattering of black currant.

Steeped, I could only taste the base, followed by, again, faint citrus and black currant flavours. No vanilla, no caramel. And I’m not sick or anything so it’s not like my taste buds are failing at life right now.

The sample was a good way to go. Glad I’m not stuck with a tin or anything. These guys offer much better ones, in my humble opinion.

I found this tin in my cupboard and had forgotten all about it. It was a little puck of a container that Kaliskaa had given me a while ago at one of our conventions. I loved the idea of it after reading the descriptions, so I went for it.

It turns out, the idea seemed better than the execution. I can barely taste the bergamot at all, and the vanilla reminds me of artificial orange. Like a Dreamcicle. I’m also reminded of the Adagio Zodiac Series blend, Leo. I know this sounds like blasphemy to a lot of you, but I’m just not digging this one very much. I had wanted a real Earl Grey, and this is just not really one at all…

Or maybe my sample is stale?

Harney & Sons The Store

Harney & Sons’ Earl Grey Supreme should satisfy any yearning for “real Earl Grey” you might have.

Tabby

Yes! I think Earl Grey Supreme is my absolute favorite. I just finished off a tin and I miss it.

ashmanra

Earl Grey Supreme here, too! Although The Earl of Harlem is going to give EGS a run for his money!

Experimenting w/cold steeping- brewing the tea overnite in the fridge. Brewing Paris via this cold method resulted in a weak tea (so far peppermint /black tea has been the best cold brewed) ….

JacquelineM

Yeah – I use the “puts hair on your chest” black teas for cold brewing, and strangely enough, the one white tea I cold brewed was phenomenal. I think the black teas that are perfect hot come out weak cold brewed – totally agree w you.

SoccerMom

Lori and JacquelineM- Just curious and I know this is going to sound like a dumb question but why do ya’ll cold brew? I mean I know that several steepsters write about cold brewing but I really don’t know why you wouldn’t just brew ( hot water) and steep it and then ice it? Is there something great I’m missing here?? Inquiring minds want to know!

JacquelineM

SoccerMom – I find that it takes away any bitterness and astringency, and I usually use my less expensive or not totally crazy about hot teas for iced tea because they take so much leaf! I also like how easy it is, and how pretty and clear the iced teas come out.

If you have a tea you find a little bitter, try the cold brew and see what you think!

SoccerMom

Oh Okay…. I hate bitter AND astringent. I will try it I have two iced teas=experiments in the fridge right now but will try it tomorrow with the last of my Palm Court sample (a little to astringent for me) Thanks for the info!

Lori

Good point JacuelineM about the astringency AND use of less expensive teas when cold brewing ….

Meghann M

I tend to cold brew with teas I didn’t enjoy the hot brew of to see if I enjoy it cold better. Some have turned out that way (Lupicia’s Sakurambo), others haven’t. But it DOES cut down in the astringency too which is nice.

Sorry to reply to a 2 day old tasting note, but just getting to reading these!

Lori

No problem- glad to know that others have also been experimenting w/cold brewing…

I purchased a tin of bags during a sell off sale and absolutely do not regret the purchase one bit. I made a cup of this before bed last night knowing that I would likely be up for a few hours reading. This is such a comforting tea and perfect for the cold rainy night we were having.

It took me awhile to identify the flavors I was tasting. With one sip I would pick up something sweet and almost caramel tasting, next would be fruity, and the next lemony bergamot goodness. All of the flavors were subtle and I loved how I picked up something a little different with each sip.

Next June I’ll be spending two weeks in Paris and I think this tea will have to come along for the journey. I have nearly eight months left to figure out what other teas I want to take, but drinking Paris while in Paris seems like a good idea to me.

Rosehips

I adore Paris (both this tea and the city). And how fun to sip the tea in its namesake city!

darby

I wouldn’t take any so I had an excuse to buy some while there ;)

Short Sorceress

I’m going to need a second suitcase for all the tea I want to buy while I’m there.

Rain, rain go away! It is pouring down buckets here this morning. Making my office more and more like a cave. Yuck! Thanks to the rain (stupid cane/aircast) I couldn’t stop for my usual cup and conversation at a local cafe. But thankfully I had a sachet of this in my desk.

I’m really liking the fruity flavors of this black tea and the bergamot. Oddly enough I did like bergamot much in the past. But these days I truly enjoy it in my teas (when the flavoring works). Now if the sun would just come out even for a moment!