Organic Green Tea with Mint

Green Tea
Bitter, Dust
Edit tea info Last updated by Angrboda

• “This was a sample that came with a Harney and Sons order from some months ago. I kept meaning to get around to trying it, but I am glad I didn't because it made a nice tea to share with oldest...” Read full tasting note
    ashmanra 1879 tasting notes
  • “My final sample from my latest H&S order. I like Mint. I like herbal Mint teas, I like Mint gum and I certainly like Mint Juleps. However, Mint in my green tea...eh, I have found that it seems...” Read full tasting note
    hesperjune 168 tasting notes
  • “It is saturday, early evening and the boyfriend is cooking something or other involving lentils. I've been editing all day (booooring!), and it occurred to me that the Sample of the Day would have...” Read full tasting note
    Angrboda 1314 tasting notes
  • “I'm thinking the name should probably be "Organic Green Tea With a _Possible Hint of Mint But You'll Have to Concentrate Really Hard to Actually Taste It_" Some of this is probably due to work...” Read full tasting note
    gmathis 1773 tasting notes

From Harney & Sons

Organic Green Tea with Mint is exhilarating! This classic with a twist is a traditional blend of full leaf organic Chinese green tea with a hint of mint. The gentle addition of crisp peppermint from Oregon complements the clean taste of green tea, adding a bit of refreshment. A contemporary take on the classic, this brew pours out green tea perfection.

20 Individually wrapped sachets Each sachet brews a 12oz cup of tea Caffeinated Certified Organic by the USDA Organic Program Our 20ct box of Mint Organic Green is Kosher

About Harney & Sons View company

This was a sample that came with a Harney and Sons order from some months ago. I kept meaning to get around to trying it, but I am glad I didn’t because it made a nice tea to share with oldest daughter tonight after we went out for Mexican food. Drinking green tea together each time she comes has become a bit of a tradition, and she loves minty things.

I steeped this at around 175F for three minutes. That is my standby green tea steeping method unless I have seen something that leads me to do otherwise.

This is a really pretty color, and since it has been over a hundred degrees for the past few days, my first thought was that this would probably be pretty awesome iced. We drank it hot, though.

The green tea base and the mint are really well balanced. This is a very smooth green tea and I didn’t detect any bitterness or bite in it. I wonder if sme green tea lovers would find it bland? But for me, it was very pleasant. The mint is very pressing but doesn’t overpower the green tea. I have had mint tea before that left me feeling a little TOO tingly, like I might never taste anything else again ever!

We made a resteep of this sachet and that was very pleasant, too.

I am glad we got to taste it, and I wouldn’t be surprised if my daughter asks me to order some for her. I do not usually drink mint tea, other than my Moroccan Mint from Tin Roof Teas, so I doubt I would order it, but if you like mint greens this one is very good.

Donna A

I think your review said it well. I just got a sample of this with my order a few months ago and was pleasantly surprised, as I usually go for black loose tea.

My final sample from my latest H&S order.
I like Mint.
I like herbal Mint teas, I like Mint gum and I certainly like Mint Juleps.
However, Mint in my green tea…eh, I have found that it seems to take over and you can not even taste the green tea.
So, in the past, Never been a fan.
I see others who reviewed this tea said that this tea was not Minty enough.
For me, it was about right.
I can smell the green tea and the mint.
I can taste the green tea and mint.
But, neither over power the other.
Am I converted to drinking Mint Green Tea all the time.
I still see the two as separate occasion teas, but, if I were in the mood for a Mint Green Tea, it would be this tea.
I think they got the blend just about right.
The Tea is a lovely golden blond color.
Another tea that I think would be nice to try cold brewed.

It is saturday, early evening and the boyfriend is cooking something or other involving lentils. I’ve been editing all day (booooring!), and it occurred to me that the Sample of the Day would have to be now, because when we’ve eaten, I’ll probably be elsewhere watching tv for the rest of the evening.

For that reason Sample Week continues with something easy, and ‘something easy’ is defined as ‘something in a bag’.

I’m not really that fond of mint. I can eat it in most things, and I can tolerate it in teas although it’s not something I’ll ever really seek out, I don’t think. I absolutely cannot stand it as the filling in After Eights or similar chocolates, although there I believe it’s more a question of not liking the cream than not liking the mint.

So mint herbals is something I drink when I’m ill and real tea tastes funny, and it’s not something I would be likely to seek out as flavouring in tea on my own.

The aroma is quite minty. It’s very like a basic mint herbal only a bit weaker. Probably the green tea holding it back a little. I can’t find any notes of green tea anywhere in the aroma though. Only mint.

So the aroma isn’t really that promising for me, but the flavour turns out to be better than the aroma. The actual mint flavour isn’t really that overwhelming although it is still pretty strong, and here I can definitely identify the presence of some generic green tea of some sort. It’s not possible to discern any specific characteristics of it, other than the fact that it’s definitely there.

There is a whole lot of mint flavour, but the base of the green tea, and the fact that it’s detectable, is keeping the whole thing grounded a bit. A pure mint herbal, when the tastebuds are not hindered by illness, to me tastes a bit like a solution of water and toothpaste.

The green tea here keeps the same fate from befalling this tea. It’s more grounded, less flimsy and a lot more pleasant.

I’m thinking the name should probably be “Organic Green Tea With a Possible Hint of Mint But You’ll Have to Concentrate Really Hard to Actually Taste It” Some of this is probably due to work microwave and the inability to carefully control time and temp, but I’m getting a lot more of a bitter gunpowdery green flavor than any mint. It’s not bad, but one of the few—if any—H&S blends I don’t think I’d repeat.

The mint is quite light, which would have made for a nice cup but whatever green Harney has used for this blend doesn’t suit it at all I’m afraid. It’s bitter, almost like gunpowder and the mint definitely doesn’t compliment it.

Smells like green tea with mint. Tastes like green tea with mint.
Ehh nothing too special. Just green tea.. and mint.

Meh. Not my kind of tea. Mildly minty but I prefer something a little more exotic. Left a bitter aftertaste too. Reminds me of trying to make myself finish off dusty old supermarket green tea bags that’d been in my cupboard too long.

Flavors: Bitter, Dust

Sample cube 4/18

Brewed cold for work on a very hot day. Tastes like a very smooth green tea with mint in it. Not being a big proponent of mint in tea, I don’t have much to add about it, but it is nicely refreshing and will be enjoyed by those who like mint. I can’t imagine what this would be like hot, though…