Royal Wedding

Fruit Herbal White Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Paul M Tracy

• “Hmmm, this one is also old, and as a white tea I would expect it to age worse than its black counterparts, but I wouldn't have expected it to gain an odd bitter note. I wonder if its the coconut?...” Read full tasting note
    dinosara 1851 tasting notes
  • “Uhm... I am *loving* the coconut flavour in this one. The first time I steeped it, I didn't know that H&S teabags required 12 oz. of water, so it was way oversteeped and astringent. But I thought...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2221 tasting notes
  • “My evening cup of tea (so far). I wax and wane with this tea, and am happy to say I'm in a wax phase (no, nevermind. Forget you read that, that sounds weird.) Its tasty! Today its steeped up light...” Read full tasting note
    Rosehips 678 tasting notes
  • “My bestie wants to expand her tea horizons and told me she wanted to find some green and white teas that she would enjoy. Her first green experiences were not so good, grocery store greens that...” Read full tasting note
    ashmanra 1769 tasting notes

From Harney & Sons

We are honoured to present our union of Chinese mutan white tea buds, with almond, coconut and vanilla to taste, and a floral abundance of pink rosebuds and petals. A regal tea blend to celebrate a glorious occasion.

About Harney & Sons View company

I first saw this tea in a local book store around the time of Will and Kate’s royal wedding. I was determined not to buy into the whole gimmick of this royal wedding thing, so I passed it by. Then I went home and wanted it so badly. But when I went back it was all gone, too bad for me.

I finally made an order from Harney and Sons and couldn’t pass up on this. Although I was disappointed I could only get it in bag form.
The silk tea bags have a generous sized amount of loose leaf tea in them, not the broken dusty bits, but real nice loose leaf.

The smell of vanilla and almonds had permeated the whole box before I even opened the tin. Smells delicious.

On brewing, it makes a lovely golden liquor which does remind me of a wedding or celebration. It tastes like vanilla, nutty, creamy, almond. Very delicious. It is slightly sweet, but not too sweet, which works well with the nutty flavour. It has a slight astringent aftertaste but it is not unpleasant.

It reminds me of sitting outside in late season summer, in the evening, with Disney cartoon birds chirping, just enjoying a cup of tea. As I drink it I am craving Scottish style shortbread. I would not call this a dessert tea, but I think it would be great after an evening meal.

I think it tasted best when it cooled to about 75C, I’m just guessing on the temp. As it cooled even more, it had an increasing astringent aftertaste.

Because the tea bag was so large I re-steeped. It made an excellent re-steep, however the taste was much more vanilla and not so nutty.

Josie Jade

Oh this just reminded me that I think I have some of this somewhere that I need to try. Sounds delish!

This treat and review comes courtesy of ashmanra and it made my week! I adore (and there’s a vocabulary word I don’t throw loosely or often) coconut in tea, and with the almond and rosebuds to sweeten the deal, this definitely takes the wedding cake! I was so entranced with the fumes while it was steeping, I think I took it a little over the edge (almonds can go bitter quickly) … but I hope to rectify that with an encore cup soon.

I was so excited to see this tea in honor of the Royal Wedding. I’m such a sucker for anything limited edition or a product produced especially for an event. I’m usually not a white tea drinker as I prefer black tea and rooibos blends. This tea has a sweetness that lingers on the tongue long after you’ve finished the cup. I can’t really detect the vanilla or coconut as separate notes, but just a general sweetness. There is also a floral note in the background (not exclusively rosebuds) that blends well with the white tea flavor. Although it’s not my favorite, I might have to purchase more of it just because it is delicately tasty and rather different.

TTB tea. This was an okay tea. I can see how it would appeal more to some but the flavors were all too subtle for me, and interacted strangely with the white tea IMO.

It also didn’t help I oversteeped this a little so it was a bit dry.

It smelled amazing though when I opened the bag..

I got a sample of this from Skysamurai, thanks for sharing! :)

I really couldn’t pickup on any scent when this tea was dry or once brewed. When I took a sip, I did get a faint creamy coconut flavor, maaaaaybe a little almond when I think about it. Coconut lingers on the aftertaste. Slight bitterness that goes away with a little sugar, but really nothing too exciting. I love almond/wedding tea flavors, but this one a a bit dull. Glad I got to try it without having to buy a whole tin!

I’m feeling a bit under the weather today, so I decided to finally crack this tin open. It was a great decision. It’s a beautiful-looking tea with lots of colorful buds in the sachet. It has a wonderful flavor, surprisingly strong for a white tea. It has hints of vanilla and rosebud. I will have to leave a more precise appraisal when I’ve had another cup in better health, and with my taste buds recovered. For now, it’s just what I needed, and definitely made me feel a little better, if only mentally ha

Tea #6, I think?

I’m not a huge fan of white tea to begin with, but the flavorings sounded and smelled so tasty… However, I’m pretty sure my water was too hot because the tea ended up with a lot of weird bitterness. =/

I think white teabags are definitely not a practical choice, for me, because I tend to use teabags on campus, or at gas stations, or while camping… basically in environments where I have little control over my water temperature.

Basically: this tasting note probably means absolutely nothing to anyone, except as a reminder to myself that white teabags are a bad plan (except adagio’s white blueberry, which for some reason tastes like chocolate when made with boiling water).

First off thank you to Josie Jade for my first tea trade!

I decided to try this tea first because of it’s smell. While I’m not a huge chocolate fan I do enjoy a fine chocolate. Even though it reminds me of chocolate it has no chocolate in it! Which I find amusing. Perhaps it’s the vanilla I am smelling. I fancy a vanilla tea over chocolate any day!

Great dry smell. Would make a great potpourri. Also smells good wet. The taste, however, is not quite what i was expecting. It’s good. Just not as good as I was expecting I think. Perhaps I will try another cup at some point. Also, I think the flavor comes out a bit better when it’s warm but it’s not bad colder.