Livingstonia

Edit tea info Last updated by Nicole

From Harney & Sons

Africa is starting to produce better and better teas. So we are buying more of these. This one from Tanzania is named after the famous explorer: David Livingstone. The tea is a full leaf that is reminiscent of a high grown ceylon: light and lively.

About Harney & Sons View company

When I was working my way through my Tealet sampler, I discovered that orange pekoe can be delicious when done right, so now I kind of keep an eye out for O.P.s in general.

This one does not measure up to the Plucky teas from Tealet — it’s not as rich, not as laden with honey and brown sugar notes — but that said, it’s still quite a nice black tea, great for a fuss-free morning cup. It comes across a bit like an English breakfast, but isn’t quite as strong or as acidic.

I did enjoy this. Nice and light. One of few blacks I can drink plain (though I dressed this up more times than not).