Hot Cinnamon Spice

Black Tea Leaves, Cinnamon, Cinnamon Bark, Clove, Orange Peel
Cinnamon, Spices, Candy, Fruity, Clove, Honey, Nutmeg, Orange, Cardamon, Spicy, Sweet, Cloves
Bulk, Loose Leaf, Sachet, Tea Bag
High
Edit tea info Last updated by Brandice

• “ I'm not feeling particularly verbose today, but I just wanted to give this tea the shout out it deserves. It didn't taste nearly as "zippy" to me this morning, although this is one of those teas...” Read full tasting note
    keychange 451 tasting notes
  • “Gloomy, rainy ... this calls for some Hot Cinnamon Spice! I believe this is my first of the season! What more can I say about a tea I drink at least once a week all fall and winter? The proof is in...” Read full tasting note
    JacquelineM 1112 tasting notes
  • “Today was a great day for tea! I received a sachet of this to sample with the Cranberry Autumn and it smelled so good that I had to have it tonight. Good thing I don't have a sensitivity to...” Read full tasting note
    kellyhinton 828 tasting notes
  • “Tea of the morning..... Fall is in the air! Yay! I love Fall. This is my most consumed cool weather tea. Red hots in a cup, no sweetener necessary. It is like magic. Usual teapot method.” Read full tasting note
    SimplyJenW 974 tasting notes

From Harney & Sons

It’s spicy! It’s sweet! It’s Hot Cinnamon Spice! As delicious as candy, this medium-bodied black tea also known as Hot Cinnamon Sunset is naturally sweetened to perfection by a blend of cinnamons, orange, and sweet cloves. The remarkably assertive tea effuses a hot spicy aroma and sets off miniature fireworks on the tongue that’ll have you exclaim WOW! Our most popular flavored tea will no doubt become a favorite. As you savor each sip, a gathering of spices settles at the bottom of your teacup for a final indulgence in pure cinnamon bliss! This tea is also known as Hot Cinnamon Sunset.

If you are using individually wrapped sachets please note that each sachet brews a 12oz cup of tea.

This is one of our oldest flavored tea blends. John Harney developed it in the beginning of the 1980s.

Over the decades its popularity has only grown, and now it is our most popular tea. People love its combination of strong spices and sweetness. And since there are no sugars (we tested it), it is safe for everyone to enjoy.

China black is the base of this tea so the leaves are dark brown. There are pieces of cinnamon bark and orange peel covered with cinnamon dust. The liquor of this tea is a medium brown with orange hues. This tea has a very strong aroma of spices and citrus.

About Harney & Sons View company

Thanks Josie Jade!

This might not be for everyone, but it’s insanely cinnamony. A pretty bold afternoon cup. This would be a good one once I return to work – my cubicle would smell nice too.

I picked up a sachet of this tea at Fresh To Order in midtown, but instead of drinking it there, I put it in my coat pocket for later. I’ve tried almost all of their Harney & Sons offerings now.

This seems like a good idea for a cold winter’s night. Even though it’s a pyramid-bagged tea, it still has large visible chunks of orange peel and cinnamon bark mixed in to the not-so-crushed black tea leaves. And the aroma is fantastic. Seems like it’s going to be very spicy, which is great because I hate it when a cinnamon tea is stingy with the spice.

Whoa. This is very spicy, but not enough to burn afterward. The taste instantly makes me think of my grandmother’s house. She always had those decorative cinnamon-scented brooms and they made her whole kitchen smell that way. This tea is like drinking that smell. Plus a hint of orange. And shockingly, I can actually taste the black tea they used as a base shining through. It’s pleasant! I would certainly drink this again, but I don’t think I’d purchase it again… despite its tastiness, it’s a little too plain for me.

I love this tea hot as a dessert tea, but I may like it even more iced! It’s really, really, really good iced. I know that many people dislike this tea because it’s so strong, but just remember to use 1 tsp. of tea for every 10-12 oz. of water. I’m not even a huge cinnamon fan… go figure.

ashmanra

I have a ton of this even though I don’t drink, just because so many people who come over love it. I never thought of trying it iced. Nice experiment for tomorrow!

I’ve had a sample sachet of this sitting around for some time, since my last H&S order. I didn’t expect that I’d ever sample it myself but, rather, give it away or to my husband. But for some strange reason, I had a craving for a spicy tea this morning. I am not generally big on spicy teas. I like them ok enough, but don’t go out of my way to buy them for myself (with rare exceptions). Cinnamon teas especially haven’t impressed me. I find them often watery and flavorless. This one said “spicy” cinnamon, which implies a punch of flavor, but then I remembered Butiki’s winter fire and how that one was too spicy for me. But, whatever, I felt like trying it out anyway.

So glad I did, but also so frustrated that I just placed an H&S order the other day for a single tea and it would be silly to pay double shipping for another single tea. bah!

This tea packs a lot of flavor and it’s spicy without causing discomfort. It tastes very much like red hot candies which, honestly, I don’t much care for. I like the flavor, but I hate that nasty sugary sticky after-taste of eating candies like that. This tea offers the best traits of the candies. yay. If only I could buy more right away!! so sad :(

Tea Sipper

I love this one! I wish you had tried this one before you ordered!

Shelley_Lorraine

I am so bad. I ordered it anyway. And I got a sampler sachet cube too to make it feel like I got enough to pay more shipping for. . though its hardly justification. I just wanted more of this tea dammit! what other reason do I need :D

Yum yum this is so good. I like cinnamon in all its forms – I enjoy it sweetened, full-blown with lots of fire and anything in between. This is a really cinnamony tea – sometimes you can tell it’s spicy but have to pretty much imagine the cinnamon is buried in there somewhere. Not the case here. It’s gorgeous. I can’t pick up anything else but I absolutely don’t mind this (for me) one-note tea. I love it. It’s very inviting, very interesting. I can see its going well with honey, but I used stevia and a drop of milk. It’s November 2 and I couldn’t think of a more appropriate tea to drink. Thanks to my fabulous penpal Jackie for this sample.

JacquelineM

Yes, it’s powerful! :) Glad you are enjoying it!!!

I received an industrial sized box of this as a Christmas gift so I was really hoping to like it-and I did!

Using the individually packaged traditional tea bag (not the sachet) the tea didn’t have much fragrance. There was a subtle orange-cinnamon presence but it wasn’t overpowering.

The prepared tea is incredibly sweet. So much so that I had to reread the package to make sure it didn’t contain a sweetener. The cinnamon really stands out and it is a bit warm. The orange is subtle and helps round out the flavor. You can make out a bit of the underlying tea, but it’s the sweetness that’s prominent throughout. If you have a sweet-tooth, this would be a great dessert replacement.

Kristen

The first time I had this tea I wasn’t sure about it… because it was so sweet! But I have cut down on the amount of tea I use and LOVE it!

ashmanra

I gave this to a friend who said she liked it but that I had added a lot more sugar than she likes in her drinks. I told her I had not added sugar and there was none in it. It took a while to convince her! Discovering this, I gave it a neighbor who has diabetes and she fell in love with it and HAD to have the 50 count bag of sachets!

Another yummy one. It reminds me a bit of Market Spice’s signature tea; it’s not quite as strong, but it’s also much smoother and less acidic, and it leaves a nice, toasty feeling in your stomach. I can’t decide which I like better.

It’s delicious and cinnamony, with just a hint of orange, and the cloves come through, too. It’s sweet enough on its own and doesn’t need anything added.

While the Market Spice Tea is one of my favorites to wake up with, I’d prefer this in the afternoon. I don’t know if that makes sense. But it’s definitely delicious!

Jenn

I love this tea as well. It’s really refreshing iced!

PeppermintPlant

I bet it’s amazing iced. I have not been real fond of iced tea until recently, but it’s starting to grow on me. :)

Jenn

Do it! Do It! Do it! :)

PeppermintPlant

I think I’ll have to, now. It may be a few weeks for my next order, though, I just got another bunch of samples. >.>

Anatomy ultrasound went great! We are indeed having our little Lily and everything looked perfect. :) So exciting.

Last week, I was in Boston to see Morrissey and hang out for a few days. I took advantage and drank some teas that are harder to get up here. Unfortunately for this one I tend to agree with a few of the other reviews in thinking it was pretty flat. Overbearingly, one-note, harsh cinnamon. I’m not going to rate it as I am pretty finicky about cinnamon in teas.

I love Harney and Sons. This tea was no exception to that.. it surpassed my expectations and was delicious! it tasted very natural, and spicy.. I just loved it :) .. hard to believe this is my 140th tea!

Yvonne

Hi! I can’t seem to send you a PM about the Coconut Grove tea because I think we need to be following eachother. :) Could you follow me so I can send you my shipping info? Thank you so much!