Hot Cinnamon Spice

Black Tea Leaves, Cinnamon, Cinnamon Bark, Clove, Orange Peel
Cinnamon, Spices, Candy, Fruity, Clove, Honey, Nutmeg, Orange, Cardamon, Spicy, Sweet, Cloves
Bulk, Loose Leaf, Sachet, Tea Bag
High
Edit tea info Last updated by Brandice

• “ I'm not feeling particularly verbose today, but I just wanted to give this tea the shout out it deserves. It didn't taste nearly as "zippy" to me this morning, although this is one of those teas...” Read full tasting note
    keychange 451 tasting notes
  • “Gloomy, rainy ... this calls for some Hot Cinnamon Spice! I believe this is my first of the season! What more can I say about a tea I drink at least once a week all fall and winter? The proof is in...” Read full tasting note
    JacquelineM 1112 tasting notes
  • “Today was a great day for tea! I received a sachet of this to sample with the Cranberry Autumn and it smelled so good that I had to have it tonight. Good thing I don't have a sensitivity to...” Read full tasting note
    kellyhinton 829 tasting notes
  • “Tea of the morning..... Fall is in the air! Yay! I love Fall. This is my most consumed cool weather tea. Red hots in a cup, no sweetener necessary. It is like magic. Usual teapot method.” Read full tasting note
    SimplyJenW 974 tasting notes

From Harney & Sons

It’s spicy! It’s sweet! It’s Hot Cinnamon Spice! As delicious as candy, this medium-bodied black tea also known as Hot Cinnamon Sunset is naturally sweetened to perfection by a blend of cinnamons, orange, and sweet cloves. The remarkably assertive tea effuses a hot spicy aroma and sets off miniature fireworks on the tongue that’ll have you exclaim WOW! Our most popular flavored tea will no doubt become a favorite. As you savor each sip, a gathering of spices settles at the bottom of your teacup for a final indulgence in pure cinnamon bliss! This tea is also known as Hot Cinnamon Sunset.

If you are using individually wrapped sachets please note that each sachet brews a 12oz cup of tea.

This is one of our oldest flavored tea blends. John Harney developed it in the beginning of the 1980s.

Over the decades its popularity has only grown, and now it is our most popular tea. People love its combination of strong spices and sweetness. And since there are no sugars (we tested it), it is safe for everyone to enjoy.

China black is the base of this tea so the leaves are dark brown. There are pieces of cinnamon bark and orange peel covered with cinnamon dust. The liquor of this tea is a medium brown with orange hues. This tea has a very strong aroma of spices and citrus.

About Harney & Sons View company

This one is crazy dusty. I’ve never seen a tea quite like this before, it’s almost as if a little cloud of cinnamon bits follows this around wherever it goes. Extremely cinnamony flavor, a very dry flavor. I am deffinately a cinnamon lover, but the first few sips of this where absolutely repulsive. It deffinately rated about as well as my first abysmal attempt at a milk oolong. Blech. It’s got a bit of an off flavor to it, one that I can’t quite place. I’m going to say that the cinnamon is almost soggy. I can’t explain it, not entirely sure if it’s an accurate description. It tastes more like something that got wet on accident and fell into my cup.

However, I’ve got a whole tin of this and it’s gotta dissapear somehow. So I’ve kept at it, and I’ve found that over time it’s grown on me a bit. It’s not completely horrible, just mostly horrible. An aquired cinnamony taste, perhaps?

This morning I spent 2 hours sitting while my granddaughter used my car to take her drivers test. She passed (joy),I went home cold and ready for tea! Decided on Hot Cinnamon Spice for a proper lift. First impression was red hot candy but so soon the flavor went flat. Also did not get orange at all. Disappointed!

Ian

I add a little bit of sugar to mine, I find that it elevates the orange a little more.

Bonnie

I did still ick to me. But will send your samples tomorrow!

Ian

Understandable. I had their sachet version so that might have been part of it… And thank you!

TeaBrat

this was way too strong for me…

Bonnie

I read the comments…and I agree the first impression is WOW RED HOT CINNAMON but then you fall pretty fast and eh…to me it is eh. But, I buy really good cinnamon to bake with from Savory Spice Shop and I am fussy (old ladies can get that way and I’m OLD)…went and made a STRONG CUP of Trader-Joes DARK coffee from a care package that arrived yesterday from San Francisco (Amy Oh’s hometown) thanks to my son Aaron…so good… going to the tea stash later to try again!(No TJoes in Colorado till 2013)

Well I have to thank JenW for the fact that I am going to have to place an order from Harney’s now… I feel like you are either going to love or hate this tea. It is just like red hots. Literally just like red hots! I like my teas to have a strong flavor if they are flavored so I love this tea, especially since it is snowing here and it looks so cold out and this tea just warms me right up. Now I am wondering if the decaf version of this is any good just because I would love to be able to drink this at night as a dessert tea! This tea is extremely dusty and the liquor is sort of foggy not the best looking but the taste says it all!

SimplyJenW

I was concerned about the decaf tea version……I am having an aversion to most decaf blacks anymore, even my Vanilla Comoro. It just tastes funny. :( I ended up buying the Herbal Hot Cinnamon. While I am not a huge fan of rooibos, the cinnamon totally overpowers it and makes it super good. I really drink it more often than the black.

Fairyfli

hmmm good to know!

Drank it all day today. LOVE. Perfect for fall weather! Delicious hot OR iced. :)

If you love cinnamon bears or red hots, you will love this tea as well.

I’m not a big fan of strong cinnamon in a drink. I love it in baked items. So, this was not on my list for a recent H&S order. However, the rep suggested I add it as it is their best seller.
They also mentioned that I would need to know, to tell my customers, as I ‘would’ be asked, that it does not have any sugar or sweetener of any kind added. It is all naturally sweet due to the 3 kinds of cinnamon.

If you crave something sweet and can’t do sugar, go for this tea. Among the many touted health benefits, researchers have found that sniffing cinnamon results in improved brain function -– subjects did better on memory and attention tasks when taking whiffs of cinnamon as opposed to other odors or no odor. However, the potential health benefits of cinnamon that have received the most attention have to do with its effects on blood glucose and cholesterol.

I actually did enjoy my cuppa more than I thought I would. The spices are too strong to taste the tea. I am sure it will be a good seller for the shop.

Batrachoid

Oh, it would be. The local hipppie coffee shop place here sells it (but only in bags. Sigh) and it’s one of their best sellers. They’ve been sold out before the 22nd every month this fall/winter.
You’re spot on about the sugar too. This is the only tea my Splenda happy grandparents leave untainted by chemicals and glucose spikes.

ColumbiaKate

To update, I have already reorderred this tea and it continues to be quite popular.

ColumbiaKate

2 years later, still reordering this tea. The herbal, rooibos version is even more popular.

Just to change things up from our usual single estate or unflavored tea blends that we usually make…we decided to brew a pot of Hot Cinnamon Spice as our tea of the moment.

As others have said, it tastes like a liquid fireball or red hot. It is sweet and spicy as a result of the three types of cinnamon and clove. It is strong and doesn’t need sugar at all. The fact that it has such a strong taste, means that people have very strong opinions on whether or not they like it.

The majority of the people that taste it in the tasting room seem to love it, but there are a few that would prefer something a little more subtle.

To each their own!

SoccerMom

I love it! I own a huge tin of it and am thinking about making it iced.

I had to go to a workshop today at the Orlando Convention Center, and they had a coffee shop there that carried this tea. While the tea was brewing, it smelled just like the cinnamon brooms they have in the grocery store in the fall. I had mine sweetened, with just a little bit of skim milk. It was deliciously spicy and hot. I’ll be adding this to the shopping list. I couldn’t really taste much tea, but the cinnamon was so good!!

wombatgirl

I’m beginning to wonder if this isn’t the same tea I found in Tennessee and now in KC. It looks the same, and sounds like it might have the same happy red-hot flavor to it.

Found a random individually-sealed sachet of this while cleaning today… I think it may have been a Christmas present, so at least 8 months old, but it was exactly what I wanted with the weird cold weather. Oh-so-spicy and tingly warm in the mouth. I love this tea, so much. Pretty good for an old bagged tea, though trying for a second steep was a bad idea :( undrinkabley weak.

There’s a tea shop near my house!

I’m so excited to have found this, especially considering the tea shop I usually frequent is an hours’ drive away from me and I only get there once or twice a month. This tea was the sample of the day at the local tea shop, and it is amazing! It reminds me of a cinnamon tea my mom and I had years ago, and haven’t been able to find since. This tea is like liquid Fireballs candies and sweet enough to not require sugar. My only complaint is that the flavor lasts through half the sip before dropping into nothingness. Otherwise, this tea is cinnamony perfection.

Flavors: Cinnamon

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

Holy heck, Batman! This one is hot Hot HOT! I love it! Basically this tastes like cinnamon red hots – a perfectly spiced tea. I’m a nut for anything cinnamon and this delivers with a punch. I love to alternate between my morning chai blend and this one; one coworker thought I actually lit a cinnamon candle, the scent was so strong! (She’s a new fan to the taste.) This is the first Harney & Sons tea I tried, and from the get-go, I’ve been happily in love. :)

TeaEqualsBliss