Fruits d'Alsace

Black Fruit Blend
Apricot, Peach, Plums, Stonefruits
High
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

• “Today is a day to drink teas I like, I've decided, and after a long morning of stress and work, I'm going to take a moment with fruits D' alsace, a much enjoyed tea that I've neglected for a...” Read full tasting note
    Rosehips 673 tasting notes
  • “This is one of the samples sent to me by *Russel Allyn* of *Harney and Sons.* This is actually a tea I already had in my cupboard, so I am going to gift this sample out to someone wanting to try...” Read full tasting note
    ashmanra 1769 tasting notes
  • “Ok, epic fail here. and I don't even think it's the tea, necessarily. Last night, I decided to go buck wild and do a cold-brew of this. First attempt at a cold brew ever. No one was going to...” Read full tasting note
    keychange 416 tasting notes
  • “Cold brew of this one tonight as well. I think I prefer it hot to be honest. Th cold brew just seemed to flatten the flavours and make it less appealing to me. Still a nice tea, but not as...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4034 tasting notes

From Harney & Sons

Inspired by the delicious Alsatian cuisine of Chef Jean Joho, this is a dessert tea with the flavors of the tree fruits of that region of France: apricots, cherries and plums.

About Harney & Sons View company

Thank you OMGsrsly for sharing. This is a very nice tea. The black base is present but not overpowering or astringent. The fruits are sweet and different than the typical flavor combination. This stays clear of berries and instead tastes of apricot and plums. Very nice although I don’t think this is something I would drink all that often. Nonetheless, I am glad to have a couple more tsps to enjoy.

Flavors: Apricot, Plums

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

My previous note for this tea was when I first received it and I was so enamoured. I am not one to write multiple notes and will do so only if one is warranted.

I have had this quite a few times since that first attempt and while it was pretty much what I expected and remembered, I don’t love it as much. Usually when I do drink it, it’s not with excitement, it’s only because I have to keep it in rotation.

I will not be replacing this, there’s an element about it, a particular fruit I can’t put my finger on, that’s no longer doing it for me.

keychange

That’s interesting. Any suspicions as to what the fruit culprit is?

Nxtdoor

no idea. and I overleafed this morning in my enthusiasm which makes it harder because it’s a touch astringent. I woke up, thinking yeah, I’m staying home, I can make a pot and sit here and drink it. It didn’t work out that way, it’s sitting here getting cold and unappealing.

Yum! Good choice, Cavocorax! A really fruity, somewhat sweet, fairly strong black tea. Another perfect one to add to the morning rotation.

There was a dried cherry in there as well. I think I’ll steep it up later this week, and then eat it. Om nom nom.

So yeah. I have a bazillion new H&S teas to try. Some we shared, some I just got samples of, some I missed buying (which means I have to do another order at some point). Yay!

(2 tsp, 2 cups water, a little soy milk and honey.)

Cavocorax

Hee! Always another order. I just placed one for Zen Tea Life today to take advantage of the 30%, and restock my beloved Phoenix Pearls!

BAD cavo! BAD!

OMGsrsly

Cavo, I was considering doing the same thing! Did you get a tin? It’s so tempting. :)

Cavocorax

I just went with 50g of that, coconut oolong and chocolate mint rooibos. :)

And Sil, /0\

OMGsrsly

Ahh, ok. :) I need to try their coconut oolong. And I think they get their ‘grandmas garden’ tea from Herbal Republic, so I was going to get some of that to try. First I need to buy everyone in the family hiking umbrellas, then more tea. :)

idk. this tea is one of those times when you know that it’s a good tea and many people seem to like it. and even though i know logically that it’s good, i still just can’t bring myself to like it.

so that’s, that.

in other news.
my boyfriend has been working on these shelves for quite a while and he just finished them.
he had basically NO building experience when he started.
So not only have his woodworking skills grown, but i can attest that his profanity vocabulary has also increased nicely.
they are proof that he is an insane optimistic determined and visionary man.

SimplyJenW

His ‘patience’ really paid off. Those are awesome! Yea, I am not a huge fan of this tea, either. It is all right.

OMGsrsly

OMG those shelves are amazing!

ifjuly

those shelves are awesome!

Nxtdoor

Yep. Also don’t like it. I did the very first time I had it, and then not so much.

Fjellrev

That’s pretty sweet!

Tea Sipper

NO building experience? WHOA. I love the empty/full pictures.

that’s really fun!

Sami Kelsh

DUDE. Feel free to send your boyfriend to mine if he feels like building more shelves. My storage situation here basically amounts to an ikea side table and matching storage cube (which I’m proud to say I assembled all by myself!)
I had that tea once in New York with my girlfriend at the time. She ordered that one and I ordered Paris blend and halfway through we swapped because we liked the other better, and then I couldn’t remember which one she liked best and bought her a tin of each for Christmas. Now it reminds me of my ex-girlfriend, which is an uncomfortable cross between nostalgic and awkward.

Anna

The big questions is, are there enough shelves for your stash?

Another sipdown. This is a nice fruity tea that lends itself well to an after dinner cuppa. With strong stone fruit notes, it is both tangy and sweet without anything added. I don’t know that I will order this again though only because Paris is my favorite fruity tea from H & S. Worth a try though if you enjoy cherries, apricots, plums, etc. and they frequently offer free shipping for orders $25 or more. Happy Thursday!

Flavors: Apricot, Plums

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 4 tsp 24 OZ / 709 ML
Tamarindel

I just ordered some and can’t wait to try it :)

Nightshifter

I hope you enjoy it!

Tamarindel

Thank you! It’s supposed to arrive on Tuesday, and believe me, I am counting the days!

Another tasty cold brew, & the final sip down from my trade with Azzrian.
The box is empty! Thanks Azz!

so sad! sipdown! heavy sigh…..

brilliant, but now it’s gone….. gear change: this tea makes me wonder if H&S is playing with GMOs, because i’m tasting a hybridized fruit in this. really! like a candied strawberry raspberry cross =0)

This is an ancient sample that came from Jenn and it’s probably over a year old now so I don’t know how this is influencing the tasting. I don’t know about this tea though… normally I am a fan of fruit flavored teas but this is just o.k. to me, I feel like the flavors are just clashing with each other and not coming together in a cohesive way. It’s kind of like a rummy cough syrup. Okay, I will stop whining now. It isn’t something I would buy from Harney and Sons but it’s drinkable…

I LOVE this tea! I can taste the cherries, apricots, and plums. OH MY! I think that SimplyJenW is right on the money with her comparison of Fruits d’Alsace to Tower of London. They do taste very much alike minus the bergamot, (that I have measured love for), and honeyed flavors in Tower of London.

AND SimplyJenW is a tea badass so there’s that too ☺
KeenTeaThyme

Ditto on SimplyJenW being a tea badass. ;)

SimplyJenW

How did I miss this? You guys are too cute!

I am silly…this is a sample I requested to 2 persons …so thank you both Azzrian and Sil for sharing with me.
Now I am an happy silly woman because I really love this tea and it means I have more to enjoy !

The tea base is really nice and absolutely not bitter. The fruits aromas remind me the type of mature fruits you can find at the end of summer.
They may have used mirabelles for the plum flavour, this is a typical plum in the area (not far, in Lorraine), I get the cherry very well too , a little less for apricot.

I should confess I never went in Alsace (probably one of the lone areas in France I didn’t visit yet) but I would love to.I know many Alsatians and this tea is a nice tribute to the region I think, especially because it touches the high traditional side of this French region.
I am not so much surprised by *momo*’s anecdote with the Alsatian woman, there is something really special with this area of France, something really much more traditional vs the rest of the country.

momo

Oh yes traditional! It wasn’t very nice on Saturday night when our guide told us the grocery store closed an hour ago and would not be open till Monday.

Ysaurella

hehe…this is the north side of Europe…I went in Sweden and the stores are opened from 11 AM to 4 PM the saturday !

wow that would be nice! I’d love it if stores were open less time on the weekend