Fruits d'Alsace

Black Fruit Blend
Fruity, Malt, Plums, Vanilla, Apricot, Peach, Berries, Stonefruits, Jam, Smoke
High
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

• “Today is a day to drink teas I like, I've decided, and after a long morning of stress and work, I'm going to take a moment with fruits D' alsace, a much enjoyed tea that I've neglected for a...” Read full tasting note
    Rosehips 1067 tasting notes
  • “This is one of the samples sent to me by *Russel Allyn* of *Harney and Sons.* This is actually a tea I already had in my cupboard, so I am going to gift this sample out to someone wanting to try...” Read full tasting note
    ashmanra 1878 tasting notes
  • “Ok, epic fail here. and I don't even think it's the tea, necessarily. Last night, I decided to go buck wild and do a cold-brew of this. First attempt at a cold brew ever. No one was going to...” Read full tasting note
    keychange 451 tasting notes
  • “Cold brew of this one tonight as well. I think I prefer it hot to be honest. Th cold brew just seemed to flatten the flavours and make it less appealing to me. Still a nice tea, but not as...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 5400 tasting notes

From Harney & Sons

Inspired by the delicious Alsatian cuisine of Chef Jean Joho, this is a dessert tea with the flavors of the tree fruits of that region of France: apricots, cherries and plums.

About Harney & Sons View company

This is what I served to my company while she was over last night (along with cookies, noodles, and corn because that compiles a pretty fucking awesome meal imo).

She didn’t really comment on it, but I got the impression she didn’t really like it and was just too kind/polite to say so. I snuck a sip from her mug while I was preparing it to see if it was done (using a spoon, because I’m not just gonna drink from her cup then give it to her), and I didn’t really like it either…

Anyway, this finishes up the sample from Rosehips, though I still have the very generous sample from Keychange to get through still.

Courtney

Hehe sneakily getting guests to sipdown samples. :P

Roswell Strange

I’ve been taking advantage of Tre and getting him to sipdown things for me too. Yay strategy!

Courtney

Brilliant!

keychange

Hey, definitely feel free to pawn this off on someone—no need to sip it down on my account or anything…LOL I didn’t like it either.

You know you are a tea addict when you get a little bit of the same tea from two Steepsterers on the same day! At least it wasn’t huge amounts! :D Thank you both, MissB and BrewTEAlly Sweet! This particular teaspoon was from BrewTEAlly Sweet. I love Harney’s other fruity teas (Paris, Tower of London) so I really wanted to try this one. Sadly, I can’t really tell which fruits are here from the flavor. It seems like a few mixed together to create some indecipherable fruit flavor. Certainly not as magical as the other two Harney blends but not bad. It also doesn’t have the hint of bergamot the other two do…

keychange

I also really wanted to like this tea, but was also pretty underwhelmed (especially as this tea was so plainly in the shadow of Paris, hot cinnamon spice, and Queen Catherine)

I got a tin of this for my Mom for Christmas and we had a cup after dinner tonight. It is delicious, with a creamy flavor that reminds me of black cherries. I let it cool a little as we took for the dogs for a walk and it was still very good even after it cooled down. Great cup of tea to end a beautiful Christmas Day!

People seem to love or hate this tea. Me – I haven’t had any for quite awhile, and have been missing it. Yep – I still love it. I don’t know why, it just really works for me – as do most of the Harney teas that I’ve tried.
MMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmm fruity black on a cool fall evening. Drinking this fun little tea out of my favorite hot chocolate mug.

Kittenna

CAT MUG! All the loves.

Tea of second breakfast….

I added a sample of this onto my last order at Harney & Son’s. So far, I find it very similar to Tower of London. I would say it is very close, but minus the honey and bergamot. Good, but since ToL is probably more my speed, I will stick with that one. I am thankful to have been able to try this one. I think it is a good choice for those that are not fans of bergamot. It is more subtle than Black Currant.

Steeped by the norm. Lightly sweetened.

ashmanra

Oh, I have had a raging desire to try this one but have put off ordering since I just got a big order right before they posted this. Plus…there are a couple more new teas coming soon. Have you seen the new website? :)

SimplyJenW

Oh yes…the Citrus Blend is calling my name! Plus, I am sure to need more Hot Cinnamon soon (I did not know I could drink a tea so fast!)
This one is really good, but it kind of tastes too similar to what I have.

Dinosara

Woah, new flavored teas from Harney? I had no idea! It has been a while since I’ve been to their website. Very cool… I guess I have some new ones to try the next time I’m in Soho!

Jenn

I have this one coming in my Harney order on it’s way now! I’m so excited :)

This is good – it manages to be creamy and fruity at the same time.
Otherwise it’s fairly unremarkable. I don’t really know what to say about this tea. Pleasant but eminently forgettable.
I know this is a short note, but that’s all I really have as a reaction!

ashmanra

Pretty darned good iced! And sweetened!

BlueKittyMeow

Thanks for the tip! I never seem to think of doing either of those!

My mom got me a sample of this tea in her last order. Now, fruity blacks and me have a love/hate relationship, in that I really like some, but don’t like others. This is one in the latter group. The tea base isn’t bad, but I don’t really like the cherry flavor. That could be because I’m not big on cherry flavor in the first place though. I really like REAL cherries, but not cherry flavor. I gave the last cup of my sample to my coworker, who liked it much more than me. So, I’m calling this a SIPDOWN! :)

TY out to Rachel Sincere for a sample of this tea!

This tea looks fun – an interesting blend of fruits (apricots, cherries and plums – I don’t see plums often in tea) with a black tea base.

STEEPED: Swirly black tea and fruity smells. Light brown coloured tea.

TASTE: Not too strong earthy black tea base with a moderate level of fruityness – I get the cherry taste and an apricot after taste, which is quite nice. No bitterness, tart or astringency.

Sweetened, wow – much more fruity! It’s like the fruit takes over a bit (maybe 60/40). I get the bite of cherry and maybe plum. I prefer this tea sweetened.

COMMENTS: This is a good tea to show a fruity green/white drinker an interesting fruity black that isn’t a berry black tea. I like the combination of fruits used in this tea. Not up my alley for me to be in love with this tea, but I will enjoy every cup!

Now this is more like it. Harney & Sons, you have never let me down. This tea is a perfect even blend of cherry, plum, apricot, and black tea. There is no astringency, there is no “all I taste is fruit,” likewise there is no “all I taste is tea.” I always sweeten my tea, FYI.

And even though it’s lukewarm at this point, the way it’s going down, I’d highly recommend this one for the iced tea people out there. This one would be a luxurious iced tea.

ashmanra

Yes, I gave it iced to a friend and it was barely sweetened and she told me to order her a pound right away!