Fruits d'Alsace

Black Fruit Blend
Cherry, Plums, banana, Fruity, Malt, Vanilla, Apricot, Peach, Berries, Stonefruits, Jam, Smoke
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

From Harney & Sons

Inspired by the delicious Alsatian cuisine of Chef Jean Joho, this is a dessert tea with the flavors of the tree fruits of that region of France: apricots, cherries and plums.

About Harney & Sons View company

So, I had a nearly complete tasting written up, got distracted by a video on youtube that ended up crashing my computer (been happening too much lately…not sure what’s going on) and so in the reboot, I lost it all. :(

So anyhow, I got blinded by Teavivre’s package arriving this morning that it totally slipped my mind to check the regular mail for the day, but I did so as I came back in after being out with a friend for a few hours, and boy am I ever glad I did! Oh happy tea day! Joyous tea day! There in my little mailbox was the USPS priority mail box with a number of teas to try from Jenn! :)

I pulled out the ones that were sachet style, and am reserving them for work, since I don’t have a proper steeper there at the mo…and the baggies are easy to use. But this was not one of them. I decided on this one after reading about it as I was cataloging them to my cupboard. I figured this would go well with my dinner (pizza with chicken, red bell peppers and basil-ultra thin crust) so I made a cup.

I admit, looking at the tea in the bag, there’s a hint of disappointment, because I’m so accustomed to seeing bits of things in my teas of late. But make no mistake, when I put my sniffer up to the opening of the bag, there is an unmistakeable apricot smell. Ahhhh…

Being that I am still out of milk, I ventured to go black on this one, though I did add some raw sugar. I did try it plain at first, and it was fine I guess, but I always find that lightly sweetened tea enhances the fruit tones. Or, maybe I am just addicted to sugar. :P

Fully brewed, I can’t pick out specific fruits, but that’s ok to me, since they all balance well as a sort of collage of flavour that is super juicy and tasty. This one most closely resembles my poor times tea (Tetley Black Currant) and it is as tasty, if not moreso. Much better than The Earls Garden from DAVIDs, which I found overpowering and floral. This one has a nice balance.

I’m guilty and will admit that I do still want to try this with milk. I’ve got another tasting or two left in the package. I’m finishing the last little bit of this cup, and it has cooled off a bit, but I think that this would make a wonderful summer iced tea.

Thanks again to Jenn for sending this, and I can’t wait to try more of them.

I have had this one in my cupboard forever. It is certainly a nice tea, nothing wrong with it. The black base is smooth, strong but not bitter and I definitely taste the fruits. Maybe I need to…..?add sugar…..?try it plain…?add in some frothed milk……I like it well enough, but not sure i find it very remarkable….. Well, I have a tin, so will get the chance to try it plenty more times, plenty more ways……trying to drink as much tea as possible while I clean house and await a FedEx delivery…..(not tea unfortunately)……..

Wonderful tart black cherry flavor; reminds me of black forest cake – add a little cocoa or dark chocolate, and it would taste exactly like black forest cake. I really enjoy that the cherry is not artificial, and there is no almond flavor as is common with most cherry flavorings. Just a rich authentic cherry with black tea.

The fruit taste of plum, cherry, and apricot blend well with this tea. As a hot tea it is a little sweet for my taste. As an iced tea it is one of my favorites, it is sweet and fruity and does not need anything added to it to make it a sweet iced tea. I would give it a score of 70 for hot and 90 for iced.

Meh. I won’t rate this one because I think the flavor has disappeared. I got this as a sample ina ziplock bag a long time ago. This didnt need any sugar or additives. It is not bitter and brews medium brown.

another sample from lost provenance (Ysaurella? sorry unknown donor), and a nice tea. A fruity black tea. It reminded me of Dammann teas weirdly, the base. Can´t say much about it, but it was nice.

One of my weekend guests so generously shared her nasty cold with me, so I’m binge drinking the teas in my house in an attempt to feel better. In all fairness, I’ve had this tea before but just never managed to write a review. Now that I’m laid up with this horrible illness, I’ve got plenty of time! First time I had this tea was at the H&S tea room in Soho, and I ordered a pot of it on a whim. Such delicious fruitiness! I was happily surprised. I’m not really getting any apricot – just plums and cherries, but that’s just fine – it’s delightful. Kind of my idea of a perfect fruity black – almost sweet with lots of beautiful aroma. No need for sweetener nor milk, it’s just perfect on it’s own. And not at all medicinal, which is amazing considering how often flavors like this end up. Would I try this iced? Maybe, but it’s so good hot that I don’t feel compelled to change a thing. Maybe when the weather gets really warm. For now, it’s doing me a lot of good just as it is!

Flavors: Cherry, Plums

Boiling 5 min, 15 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

good luck. My BF “shared” his with me too… :)

Very good tea,great flavor,I would buy it again.

This is a very good fruit tea. I ordered a full tin of it. I do prefer PARIS as a fruit tea but they are out of stock. This one is strong on the banana flavor, it’s definitely the predominant taste. I am not as crazy about banana flavors. This is smooth and clear, a nice black tea when one is in the mood for fruit blends. Strong and not subtle. Not unnatural. I guess if I ever want to make a smoothie type tea, this would be the perfect tea.

Flavors: banana, Fruity

My only set in stone plan for toady is to drink tea. Other things may or may not happen, but there will be tea. For my first tea of the day I chose this because I wanted something that was both fruity and malty. There are a nice apricot and berry flavors as well as a good malt note here, and I’m really enjoying it. It’s sweet with a kind of jammy goodness going on in my cup. I approve!

“Other things may or may not happen, but there will be tea.” That sounds like an excellent motto for the year. :)

Awesome plan!

Sounds like my plan for today too!