Fruits d'Alsace

Black Fruit Blend
Fruity, Malt, Plums, Vanilla, Apricot, Peach, Berries, Stonefruits, Jam, Smoke
High
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

• “Today is a day to drink teas I like, I've decided, and after a long morning of stress and work, I'm going to take a moment with fruits D' alsace, a much enjoyed tea that I've neglected for a...” Read full tasting note
    Rosehips 1021 tasting notes
  • “This is one of the samples sent to me by *Russel Allyn* of *Harney and Sons.* This is actually a tea I already had in my cupboard, so I am going to gift this sample out to someone wanting to try...” Read full tasting note
    ashmanra 1858 tasting notes
  • “Ok, epic fail here. and I don't even think it's the tea, necessarily. Last night, I decided to go buck wild and do a cold-brew of this. First attempt at a cold brew ever. No one was going to...” Read full tasting note
    keychange 451 tasting notes
  • “Cold brew of this one tonight as well. I think I prefer it hot to be honest. Th cold brew just seemed to flatten the flavours and make it less appealing to me. Still a nice tea, but not as...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 5241 tasting notes

From Harney & Sons

Inspired by the delicious Alsatian cuisine of Chef Jean Joho, this is a dessert tea with the flavors of the tree fruits of that region of France: apricots, cherries and plums.

About Harney & Sons View company

This is a very nice iced tea. I drank it just as is with no added sugar. It has a fruity flavor that is great with strong black tea.

Made a big pot of this today, since I had a bunch of paperwork I had to write up on the computer (ughhhh…. paperwork…..)…
It was so, so lovely. Super fruity, but without any bitterness.
I’ve made this as a big pitcher of cold brew, as well, after reading ifjuly’s recommendation, and done that way, it’s so light and delicate….really fantastic!

Lee

Very saddened to read about the passing of John Harney on one of my tea blogs. I love anything Fruits d’Alsace especially strudel !!! RIP Mr. Harney and I want to try this tea!!!

Oh no! I hadn’t heard, Lee…. That makes me so sad. :(

DeliriumsFrogs

(side note… If you want, I can stick some in a little envelope and send it your way, absolutely NO strings attached whatsoever. Just a tiny tea send out. Let me know! :) )

Lee

I know :( I just read it this morning. But look at the legacy!! He would love that you are drinking his tea and enjoying it so!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lee

Oh that’s o.k.,,,thank u very much!! U must keep all your yummy tea and enjoy!!! I am going to order some in the fall when it cools off in the desert lol.

DeliriumsFrogs

Alright! :) This would be fantastic as a fall tea… mmmmm.
And you’re right, his legacy is phenomenal.

boychik

I’m so sorry about Mr. Harney. I didn’t know, sad news

Okay, I give up on this tea. I know many of you luuuurve it, and I’ll have to pass it along in the next SSTTB so that y’all can enjoy it. For me, there’s something fruity that I’m allergic to, and it just tastes wrong to me because of it. Boo.

Flavors: Fruity

TTTTB 2/7

I first received this in my mystery pack from MissB and went through the sample so quick I could not even remember how to describe it. So, I was happy to see this in the TTTTB because I remembered I liked it but needed help making a note to help me remember I’ve tried it. Like a few of H&S teas I’ve tried, I find this simple and easy to drink. It tastes like stonefruit. I don’t think I will ever buy any but would have no problem drinking it if I ever get more.

Today was a tough work day, so I broke my rule about no black tea late in the day because I NEEDED a tea to hold my hand and make me feel better. Today I got a ginormous trade box from the wonderful MissB and this was the one I picked.

It’s really nice! Strong black base, very fruity. I couldn’t quite place WHICH fruits so I cheated and looked at their site. Cherry, plum, apricot. Yeah, I can see that. The fruity smell is almost alcoholic, like a liqueur. It was a little sweeter than most base teas, since I added my normal amount of sweetener and found the end result was pretty darn sweet. Still liked it though!

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 11 OZ / 325 ML
TheTeaFairy

Love H &S teas, Paris is my favourite.

Marzipan

I love Paris too. It was on sale at the Fresh Market today and I almost bought more, but then I got home and some was in this swap. Serendipity!

Dexter

I love this one, and Florance, and Soho, and Buckwheat – Paris not so much but to each their own. (Have to love MissB boxes….)

Suziqzer

I had to look too the first time I tried this one to see what the fruit flavors were. I think I enjoyed how non-descript the fruit was that came through. MissB is a wonderful tea sharer.. she introduced this one to me too. :) Love her!

ifjuly

I may be in a minority, but I think this one is fantastic coldsteeped in the summer. So yummy.

Suziqzer

I tried this one cold steeped last week an Hubby & I both enjoye it. It’s goin on my shopping list for Harney. :)

I had a nasty sinus headache yesterday. Actually fell asleep on the couch which I never do. I tried several things to get rid of it, but nothing seemed to work. I went for some black tea and wanted something familiar .. taste bud uncertainty.

This one stepped up to the plate and hit a home run… what I could taste was yum! A nice black base w/ a rich fruit flavor. Nothing stands out as the main fruit flavor, just a balanced sweet fruit flavor. Almost a sipdown.. Thanks MissB for your generous sample… it was well enjoyed and I’ve considered ordering some for cold steeping this summer.

keychange

I hear this is excellent cold-steeped.

Nicely balanced fruity overlay with a black base beneath. I think my tastebuds are on strike since I didn’t appreciate this one at all and I’m usually really into fruity black teas.

I’m going to take a few days off of drinking tea and see if everything comes back into alignment. For now, though, this one was decent (and I think it’s a good tea) even though it’s not working for me.

I don’t like whatever aftertaste I’m getting, so I gave my cup to a co-worker with a sore throat, and she liked it. To each their own!

3 min, 30 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Thanks again to MissB for this one. This was a nice introduction to black tea. I didn’t really get any fruit flavor. Maybe I am just tasting the black tea in this steep? Then again, I do not necessarily know what black tea tastes like. I was looking forward to more fruit from this tea but it is enjoyable. Especially after less than normal sleep.

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

I made a small pot of this last night. Fruity teas aren’t typically my favorite, because I find too many of them to be cloying or they have weird aftertastes, but I really enjoyed this. The fruit flavors were balanced nicely with the base, and the finish was clean. I would definitely reorder this one!

Flavors: Apricot, Peach, Plums, Stonefruits