Holiday Tea

Almond, Black Tea, Cinnamon, Citrus Peel, Clove
Cinnamon, Orange, Spices
Loose Leaf, Sachet
High
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

• “This is my first venture with Harney & Sons! I got a buy-one-get-one coupon for the H&S tins at Barnes & Noble, so after taking myself to the movies today, I made a little stop on the way home....” Read full tasting note
    Aeoliana 302 tasting notes
  • “I swear, I am going to drink a cup of this every day until I run out. That's saying something, too, since I only am letting myself have one fully caffeinated cup of black tea per day until this...” Read full tasting note
    laurenpressley 796 tasting notes
  • “This is very tasty this "morning". I slept through my alarm, and am still exhausted. Pain takes a lot of energy to deal with! So now I'm off to the clinic to see my x-ray results, then to work...” Read full tasting note
    OMGsrsly 1507 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown!! Last time I had this tea, I could not taste it properly as I drank it immediately following eating a dinner with a fair bit of spices. However, I thought I tasted a similar flavor to...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1967 tasting notes

From Harney & Sons

Our Holiday Tea is a black tea spiced with citrus, almond, clove and cinnamon. Delicious hot or iced. Wonderful for a holiday table, a cold winter morning, or any time you crave a holiday-inspired brew.

About Harney & Sons View company

This is the perfect winter tea. It’s delicately spiced but not overly so, and I just want to curl up with a mug of this while reading a book in front of my (non-existent) fireplace. It’s so delicious.

Oh. My. Goodness. This tea reminds me of the time I spent in Exeter, England around the holidays last year. The flavor, to me, is highly reminiscent of mince pies (in a good way!). The dried orange peel also adds a bit of a citrus-y note, and reminds me of the orange spice tea my brother and I used to drink before I got into fancier loose leaf teas.

Overall, lovely, warming tea for any time of the year.

Usually, I’m impressed with Harney & Sons. And because today is New Year’s Day, and the end of the holiday season, I decided to try this blend. At first, I smelled the cinnamon, and something else which I cannot quite name. I steeped it for three minutes, and realized that the brew was quite weak. I gave it several more minutes, and was satisfied with the color. As for the taste, I was not too impressed. I did not like the aftertaste at all, and it reminded me of chamomile. Other than that, it tasted naturally sweet, and was not at all bitter (that itself deserves a thumbs up). This is the first Holiday blend I have tasted from any company. I’m glad I tried it, and Happy New Year everybody.

This is a perfect tea for a cold, gray day. It has a near perfect blend of spice and tea, not too overwhelming. It makes me want to curl up under a blanket, hold the cup close and snuggle.

Lovely cup with a nice balance of spice, almond, and vanilla. This tea could easily become my go-to blend during the cold winter months.

I like this tea a lot, but it’s a very strong spice-flavored tea. It’s finish is black, but the orange, clove, and almond are strong, so I have to be in the right mood for it. If Christmas had a flavor, this would be it. It is good alone or with sweeteners and milk.

Like Harney’s Cranberry Autumn tea, this is great when the weather gets cold. The citrus, almond and spices blend well, but you will be tasting more spice than anything else. But it’s a great, festive tea.

Another tea from the TTB.. having fun!

I have been intrigued by trying a few Harney & Sons blends because they are a little easier for me to get locally, if I don’t mind sachets. But, I don’t want to buy a whole tin to find out I don’t like something as much as I had hoped.

I didn’t look this one up before I steeped it… This one smells of spice and cinnamon dry leafed. I could see that there were bits of orange peel in the blend but didn’t know how much they would come through. Steeped the clove and cinnamon are present with a bit of citrus. The base is there, but doesn’t add much to the blend. I think if I did it again I would add more leaf. The flavor is there, and something I would enjoy having around, but not as intense as I might like w/my normal amount of leaf.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Orange, Spices

TTB 9: This tea definitely has all the scents that make me think of the holidays. The holidays are my favorite time of year, so anything that reminds me of them is already on my side. Both dry and steeping, this smells full of spices but not overwhelming. The flavor doesn’t quite live up to the scent. The spices are there, but much much more mellowed out than I would have expected. This tea is nice and smooth, and I would drink it (and enjoy it) if I had it, but I doubt I would seek it out or buy any.

Flavors: Spices

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

Yup, tastes like Xmas stuff. I get cinnamon and clove and lots of it. I can pick out a little orange, but no almond. It is okay, but it isn’t super impressive. Sort of a ho hum..