Holiday Tea

Black Chai Fruit Blend
Almond, Black Tea, Cinnamon, Citrus Peel, Clove, Safflower Petals
Almond, Clove, Spicy, Vanilla, Cinnamon, Orange, Citrus, Spices, Drying, Earth, Smooth, Chocolate
Loose Leaf, Sachet
High
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

From Harney & Sons

Our Holiday Tea is a black tea spiced with citrus, almond, clove and cinnamon. Delicious hot or iced. Wonderful for a holiday table, a cold winter morning, or any time you crave a holiday-inspired brew.

About Harney & Sons View company

This is the perfect winter tea. It’s delicately spiced but not overly so, and I just want to curl up with a mug of this while reading a book in front of my (non-existent) fireplace. It’s so delicious.

Oh. My. Goodness. This tea reminds me of the time I spent in Exeter, England around the holidays last year. The flavor, to me, is highly reminiscent of mince pies (in a good way!). The dried orange peel also adds a bit of a citrus-y note, and reminds me of the orange spice tea my brother and I used to drink before I got into fancier loose leaf teas.

Overall, lovely, warming tea for any time of the year.

Usually, I’m impressed with Harney & Sons. And because today is New Year’s Day, and the end of the holiday season, I decided to try this blend. At first, I smelled the cinnamon, and something else which I cannot quite name. I steeped it for three minutes, and realized that the brew was quite weak. I gave it several more minutes, and was satisfied with the color. As for the taste, I was not too impressed. I did not like the aftertaste at all, and it reminded me of chamomile. Other than that, it tasted naturally sweet, and was not at all bitter (that itself deserves a thumbs up). This is the first Holiday blend I have tasted from any company. I’m glad I tried it, and Happy New Year everybody.

This is a perfect tea for a cold, gray day. It has a near perfect blend of spice and tea, not too overwhelming. It makes me want to curl up under a blanket, hold the cup close and snuggle.

Lovely cup with a nice balance of spice, almond, and vanilla. This tea could easily become my go-to blend during the cold winter months.

I like this tea a lot, but it’s a very strong spice-flavored tea. It’s finish is black, but the orange, clove, and almond are strong, so I have to be in the right mood for it. If Christmas had a flavor, this would be it. It is good alone or with sweeteners and milk.

Like Harney’s Cranberry Autumn tea, this is great when the weather gets cold. The citrus, almond and spices blend well, but you will be tasting more spice than anything else. But it’s a great, festive tea.

I wanted to try something different with this last purchase of Harney & Sons. I was in the mood for a chai tea, but I figured that a chai tea wasn’t what I really wanted. Luckily, the Holiday Tea was on sale. I read the list of flavors, and thought, “Well, I like clove, vanilla, and almond.” So, I bought a 4 oz tin.

I must say, the aroma is very Christmasy. Just the smell reminded me of the times when my family would visit my great aunts in Tennessee over Thanksgiving breaks. My one aunt loved making hard tack. She especially loved clove hard tack.

The aroma took me back to those times. I closed my eyes while smelling this tea, and I just pictured my Aunt Gerry cracking the hard tack candy and giving me a piece. I literally had tears build up in my eyes while smelling this tea. Nobody can say that the smell of tea made them cry!

Anyway, I love the flavor. It’s rich, spicy, Christmasy, and it has a nice clove kick. I had my first cup with the tea on its own, and it’s a solid tea. The second cup, I added sugar, which was still good. The third, I added cream, but it wasn’t necessary; the cream overpowered the tea. All in all, I think I’ll buy more while there’s still a chance. It’s good to have a lot of a great tea when it’s unavailable throughout the majority of the year.

Flavors: Almond, Clove, Spicy, Vanilla

azurephoenix

Oooh! I like found I like a nice clovey cup…I’ll have to get a bit of this! :)

R.F. Hill

I prefer a clove tea over cinnamon sometimes! However, the Holiday Tea is on sale right now for $6.95/4 oz. I’d give it a try, but I kind of regret passing the 8 oz tin for $10.95.

I was so captivated by the delightful aroma of my first cup that it had cooled to merely warm by the time I finally took a sip.

As others have said, the taste paled in comparison to the scent. The sweet, spiced, and bright notes seemingly disappeared. Yes, the spice is still there, but in a form that my tastebuds experienced as almost bitter. Maybe I taste a hint of orange, or maybe I am reaching. The sweetness in the aroma, perhaps a combination of the almond and orange, is eluding me.

After steeps at 4 and 5 min, I brewed one more cup to try it with sweetener (simple syrup, in this case). Big improvement: the addition quieted the bitter-ish notes and brought forward the bright orange flavor in a nice balance with the sweetness. Quite drinkable now. It is my biased belief that a tea like this should be enjoyable straight, but that said, I haven’t loved chai straight either.

The aroma, though: just wonderful.

Their best cinnamon related tea yet. I’ve tried their ultimate cinnamon tea but it was too water taste with red hot candies for me. Their chai was okay but not the best chai. This Holiday tea was a great, smooth, even black coated with a nice dusting of cinnamon – also pretty to look at and great smell. I ordered a sampler pack so not much left, but will have to keep in mind when the holidays come up again.

Flavors: Cinnamon