Holiday Tea

Almond, Black Tea, Cinnamon, Citrus Peel, Clove
Cinnamon, Orange, Spices
Loose Leaf, Sachet
High
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

• “This is my first venture with Harney & Sons! I got a buy-one-get-one coupon for the H&S tins at Barnes & Noble, so after taking myself to the movies today, I made a little stop on the way home....” Read full tasting note
    Aeoliana 301 tasting notes
  • “I swear, I am going to drink a cup of this every day until I run out. That's saying something, too, since I only am letting myself have one fully caffeinated cup of black tea per day until this...” Read full tasting note
    laurenpressley 796 tasting notes
  • “This is very tasty this "morning". I slept through my alarm, and am still exhausted. Pain takes a lot of energy to deal with! So now I'm off to the clinic to see my x-ray results, then to work...” Read full tasting note
    OMGsrsly 1427 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown!! Last time I had this tea, I could not taste it properly as I drank it immediately following eating a dinner with a fair bit of spices. However, I thought I tasted a similar flavor to...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1885 tasting notes

From Harney & Sons

Our Holiday Tea is a black tea spiced with citrus, almond, clove and cinnamon. Delicious hot or iced. Wonderful for a holiday table, a cold winter morning, or any time you crave a holiday-inspired brew.

About Harney & Sons View company

Don’t ask me why it took me so long to brew up my first cup of Harney & Sons Holiday Tea, which I received in a beautiful gift package. It might be because upon initially removing the lid of the Historic Royal Palace tin, I was reminded immediately of Constant Comment. That’s not an insult, mind you, as I have imbibed my share of that grocery store classic over the years—it’s one of the few heavy blacks which I am able to down au naturel and to which I would never add cream—but I figured that Holiday Tea would not chart any new territory for me, given my abundant experience with Constant Comment.

Wrong. This tea is completely different from Constant Comment, above all, because of the almond, which is very prominent. I had no idea that almond was included among the ingredients, but the first flavor which popped into my mind after taking a sip was neither orange rind or cloves (as in CC), but almond.

This is a good spicy and original variation on the Constant Comment theme. The black tea used is pleasing to me, and I would not add cream to this one either. It’s very good as is. Fortunately, the cloves were not overdosed, as I am hypersensitive to that spice.

205 °F / 96 °C 5 min, 15 sec 2 g 9 OZ / 266 ML

I really enjoy this tea. It smells wonderful and reminds me of the citrus and cloves that my family puts on the stove during the winter. A cozy tea, one that I’ll be keeping around for a while.

Smells of the holidays: cloves, cinnamon, and oranges. It has a light taste compared to its strong aroma with the same flavors as its aroma. There is also a little nuttiness to this tea. I have had some other holiday teas that I would prefer at the holidays, but I can drink this tea year round (where I could not do that with some of the others).

This tea took some time to grow on me, and still it’s not a favorite of mine. I went into my first cup expecting something similar to Constant Comment – bold and spicy with a citrus twist – but what I got was mellow, smooth, and honestly a little bland.

The smell of this tea is delicious. Like the name implies this tea smells like the holidays. Citrus, baking spices, and vanilla meld together and make the whole room smell amazing whenever you steep this tea. However, this build up is part of why sipping this tea is so disappointing. The main words I would use to describe this tea are weak and bland. Even at a full boil, for 5 minutes, with a HEAPING teaspoon per cup this tea isn’t very flavorful. It’s so surprising after you’ve smelled the incredible aroma.

The taste is okay. It’s predominantly one of vanilla, with a hint of orange rind, cinnamon, and clove thrown in for good measure. A great sounding mix that somehow turns out boring in this tea. The tea base is weak and tastes like if you used a small teabag in a giant mug even when you overdose this tea.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s not terrible. There’s something comforting that makes it easy to come back to when I’m not sure what to drink, but it’s forgettable. It’s not a tea that I passionately remember and suddenly need to brew a cup of, it’s a tea I settle for when I’m not sure what else to drink.

This is a good tasting tea and enjoyable. However,I used one sachet per 8 oz and it is rather light. The clove taste is definitely predominant. I could use a bit more cinnamon, more robust tea and more citrus in this blend. I pick up the almond flavoring as more of an aftertaste. Next time I may try two sachets instead of one and see if it gives a deeper flavor without more bitterness. It is one to steep longer, around 5 minutes. For a spicy tea, I prefer the Paromi Chai, which is more of a tisane if I remember correctly.

I am beginning to realize that Harney & Sons teas are all mild (except for the Hot Cinnamon). This tea is no different. A dark tea with a mild spiced flavor. Good for those who are not into strong flavors.

This is not a strong and malty tea it is a mild nice tea with wonderful spice notes that are well balanced. If you want a malty cup add something else with it. You won’t be disappointed if you do. It is a little expensive but I think the cost is somewhat tied up in the tin (which is beautiful I might add. I have it on my counter holding something totally different than tea (some over the counter meds that look ugly so we are hiding them with the tin!)). Enjoy. This company has great people who run it. So that’s a plus!

I really like the nice red tin :D I honestly chose the tea because I like the tin.
I love the soft warm spicy-ness, but this is unfortunately one of those teas which tastes like water when brewed too short, and undrinkable when brewed too long D;

I am drinking this tea at one in the morning as I strive to finish a paper. This is a decent tea. I am particularly fond of the warm feeling that the spices leave on the tongue. It also tastes delicious with honey. (I do not regularly put honey in my tea, but I am trying to improve a cough.) This is a good, approachable, easy to drink black tea.

The taste is a little weak, even with sweetener, but gets better if the teabag is left in. The smell is really nice, though – citrus and cinnamon; very Christmasy!