Holiday Tea

Almond, Black Tea, Cinnamon, Citrus Peel, Clove, Safflower Petals
Cinnamon, Clove, Orange, Citrus, Spices, Drying, Earth, Smooth, Chocolate
Loose Leaf, Sachet
High
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

From Harney & Sons

Our Holiday Tea is a black tea spiced with citrus, almond, clove and cinnamon. Delicious hot or iced. Wonderful for a holiday table, a cold winter morning, or any time you crave a holiday-inspired brew.

About Harney & Sons View company

This tea came from my Secret Santa. :)

Smells like a Christmas store. Tastes like one too. It’s like holiday potpourri, but not floral. Must be the clove? I also taste a little citrus. It’s not bad, but not one I would restock.

Sipdown (119)!

Thanks Marzipan for the holiday package; I’ve been slowly plucking away at the teas in it. Conversely, I finished the tasty treats in no time at all. The Stroopwaffles were especially good! I honestly meant to share one with Tre, but I swear before I could even blink I’d gobbled them all.

I used both of the tea sachets you sent me in a latte; I was craving milk pretty badly and this was the first tea I pulled from the sample drawer that seemed like it would go reasonably well with milk. I knew one sachet wouldn’t be enough to flavour a 12 oz. mug of straight milk though, so I used both.

Sadly I really didn’t love this one; it was very heavy on the clove flavour which, though I’d normally be ok with it since I like cloves, didn’t work with that much milk. And secondly, there was a weird conflicting dryness to the flavour which was likely from an excess of nut or cinnamon in the blend. I guess there’s also supposed to be orange in this as well but there was no evidence flavour wise to support that claim. Maybe that’s for the better overall though; I can’t see how orange would have cooperated with everything else I experienced.

Sorry Marz; I certainly appreciate getting to try this one but didn’t work for me though.

Flavors: Clove, Drying

Cameron B.

Mmmmmm I agree on the strropwafel…

Anlina

Oh god, I was just thinking about stroopwafels yesterday and trying to figure out how I could make them at home.

Last one from teafiend Marzipan! To be honest, I’ve gotten a little burnt out on these “holiday spice” type blends. They usually sound amazing and list flavors like orange or almond, but then they end up just tasting like cinnamon or clove. We’ll see if that’s the case here! I have the sachet version, and inside I can see small black tea leaves and tiny red flower petals. Dry scent is mostly just cinnamon.

The steeped tea also has strong cinnamon/clove notes, but I can also smell a bit of orange and perhaps some almond. Hmm, I mostly taste clove. The base tea is slightly earthy and musty, and I can taste perhaps a little bit of orange, but otherwise it’s mostly clove. Maybe a little bit of cinnamon too, but certainly no almond. Oh well. :P

Flavors: Cinnamon, Clove, Earth, Orange, Smooth

200 °F / 93 °C 3 min, 0 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML

Mmm… Festive! Thanks for the sample Marzipan :D

Picked up a tin of this, my first Harney & Son’s tin of tea, looking for something a little special for a nightly sip until Christmas.

After popping the top on the tin and taking in the aroma, all I can think of is a Terry’s Chocolate Orange… which I just so happen to love!

Sadly the taste falls short compared to the aroma, so I did the next best thing: a couple slices of a Terry’s Chocolate Orange served with this tea…. Christmas memories in the making!

Flavors: Chocolate, Cinnamon, Orange

Another tea from the TTB.. having fun!

I have been intrigued by trying a few Harney & Sons blends because they are a little easier for me to get locally, if I don’t mind sachets. But, I don’t want to buy a whole tin to find out I don’t like something as much as I had hoped.

I didn’t look this one up before I steeped it… This one smells of spice and cinnamon dry leafed. I could see that there were bits of orange peel in the blend but didn’t know how much they would come through. Steeped the clove and cinnamon are present with a bit of citrus. The base is there, but doesn’t add much to the blend. I think if I did it again I would add more leaf. The flavor is there, and something I would enjoy having around, but not as intense as I might like w/my normal amount of leaf.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Orange, Spices

TTB 9: This tea definitely has all the scents that make me think of the holidays. The holidays are my favorite time of year, so anything that reminds me of them is already on my side. Both dry and steeping, this smells full of spices but not overwhelming. The flavor doesn’t quite live up to the scent. The spices are there, but much much more mellowed out than I would have expected. This tea is nice and smooth, and I would drink it (and enjoy it) if I had it, but I doubt I would seek it out or buy any.

Flavors: Spices

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

Yup, tastes like Xmas stuff. I get cinnamon and clove and lots of it. I can pick out a little orange, but no almond. It is okay, but it isn’t super impressive. Sort of a ho hum..

Don’t ask me why it took me so long to brew up my first cup of Harney & Sons Holiday Tea, which I received in a beautiful gift package. It might be because upon initially removing the lid of the Historic Royal Palace tin, I was reminded immediately of Constant Comment. That’s not an insult, mind you, as I have imbibed my share of that grocery store classic over the years—it’s one of the few heavy blacks which I am able to down au naturel and to which I would never add cream—but I figured that Holiday Tea would not chart any new territory for me, given my abundant experience with Constant Comment.

Wrong. This tea is completely different from Constant Comment, above all, because of the almond, which is very prominent. I had no idea that almond was included among the ingredients, but the first flavor which popped into my mind after taking a sip was neither orange rind or cloves (as in CC), but almond.

This is a good spicy and original variation on the Constant Comment theme. The black tea used is pleasing to me, and I would not add cream to this one either. It’s very good as is. Fortunately, the cloves were not overdosed, as I am hypersensitive to that spice.

205 °F / 96 °C 5 min, 15 sec 2 g 9 OZ / 266 ML

I really enjoy this tea. It smells wonderful and reminds me of the citrus and cloves that my family puts on the stove during the winter. A cozy tea, one that I’ll be keeping around for a while.