Holiday Tea

Almond, Black Tea, Cinnamon, Citrus Peel, Clove, Safflower Petals
Cinnamon, Clove, Orange, Citrus, Spices, Drying, Earth, Smooth, Chocolate
Loose Leaf, Sachet
High
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

From Harney & Sons

Our Holiday Tea is a black tea spiced with citrus, almond, clove and cinnamon. Delicious hot or iced. Wonderful for a holiday table, a cold winter morning, or any time you crave a holiday-inspired brew.

About Harney & Sons View company

Smells of the holidays: cloves, cinnamon, and oranges. It has a light taste compared to its strong aroma with the same flavors as its aroma. There is also a little nuttiness to this tea. I have had some other holiday teas that I would prefer at the holidays, but I can drink this tea year round (where I could not do that with some of the others).

This tea took some time to grow on me, and still it’s not a favorite of mine. I went into my first cup expecting something similar to Constant Comment – bold and spicy with a citrus twist – but what I got was mellow, smooth, and honestly a little bland.

The smell of this tea is delicious. Like the name implies this tea smells like the holidays. Citrus, baking spices, and vanilla meld together and make the whole room smell amazing whenever you steep this tea. However, this build up is part of why sipping this tea is so disappointing. The main words I would use to describe this tea are weak and bland. Even at a full boil, for 5 minutes, with a HEAPING teaspoon per cup this tea isn’t very flavorful. It’s so surprising after you’ve smelled the incredible aroma.

The taste is okay. It’s predominantly one of vanilla, with a hint of orange rind, cinnamon, and clove thrown in for good measure. A great sounding mix that somehow turns out boring in this tea. The tea base is weak and tastes like if you used a small teabag in a giant mug even when you overdose this tea.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s not terrible. There’s something comforting that makes it easy to come back to when I’m not sure what to drink, but it’s forgettable. It’s not a tea that I passionately remember and suddenly need to brew a cup of, it’s a tea I settle for when I’m not sure what else to drink.

This is a good tasting tea and enjoyable. However,I used one sachet per 8 oz and it is rather light. The clove taste is definitely predominant. I could use a bit more cinnamon, more robust tea and more citrus in this blend. I pick up the almond flavoring as more of an aftertaste. Next time I may try two sachets instead of one and see if it gives a deeper flavor without more bitterness. It is one to steep longer, around 5 minutes. For a spicy tea, I prefer the Paromi Chai, which is more of a tisane if I remember correctly.

I am beginning to realize that Harney & Sons teas are all mild (except for the Hot Cinnamon). This tea is no different. A dark tea with a mild spiced flavor. Good for those who are not into strong flavors.

This is not a strong and malty tea it is a mild nice tea with wonderful spice notes that are well balanced. If you want a malty cup add something else with it. You won’t be disappointed if you do. It is a little expensive but I think the cost is somewhat tied up in the tin (which is beautiful I might add. I have it on my counter holding something totally different than tea (some over the counter meds that look ugly so we are hiding them with the tin!)). Enjoy. This company has great people who run it. So that’s a plus!

I really like the nice red tin :D I honestly chose the tea because I like the tin.
I love the soft warm spicy-ness, but this is unfortunately one of those teas which tastes like water when brewed too short, and undrinkable when brewed too long D;

I am drinking this tea at one in the morning as I strive to finish a paper. This is a decent tea. I am particularly fond of the warm feeling that the spices leave on the tongue. It also tastes delicious with honey. (I do not regularly put honey in my tea, but I am trying to improve a cough.) This is a good, approachable, easy to drink black tea.

The taste is a little weak, even with sweetener, but gets better if the teabag is left in. The smell is really nice, though – citrus and cinnamon; very Christmasy!

A pretty good tea. The cloves are what you’ll smell, and taste the most of. While it was a nice tea I wouldn’t put it as my favorite either. Use hot water with this tea to really bring out all of the various spices.

This tea smells amazing, I just had to try it after a customer had ordered a cup and I got a waft of it. It’s a pleasant and spicy smell and the tea itself matches the smell. Not sure if I plan to try it cold/iced, its just so catered to being a hot tea. Recommended for people who enjoy a spicy, but not too much so, and relaxing cup of tea that you can have all cozied up in a blanket. To me it’s name suits it and it is definitely a fall to winter style tea.