Citrus Blend

Bergamot, Citrus, Lemon
Edit tea info Last updated by jetflair

• “Tea of the morning..... I am so lucky! I came home from a short vacation last week to a package of Earl Grey samples from Russel at the Millerton Shop. Too fun! There are two super samples I...” Read full tasting note
    SimplyJenW 974 tasting notes
  • “Thanks to *Jenn* for sending this to me as a part of a super sweet get well tea package! I'm still trying to find an earl grey I like and this might be it...even if it isn't really an earl grey....” Read full tasting note
    ThePurrfectCup 374 tasting notes
  • “Thanks to Jenn for a sample of this... it's okay but a little heavy on the grapefruit for me and I'm also not a big fan of bergamot. It's a little on the tart side. Not sure I am dying to have more...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2578 tasting notes
  • “Citrus blend smells harsh and awkward in dry form, but I hoped that would change when brewed. Unfortunately, the brewed cup tastes bitter, unbalanced, and not at all citrus-y. If anything this is...” Read full tasting note
    jetflair 9 tasting notes

From Harney & Sons

Our Citrus Blend was inspired by our French friend that is a famous pastry chef: Francois Payard. He wanted a blend that uses three types of citrus fruits and so we blended black teas with natural bergamot, grapefruit, and orange flavors. It is a sophisticated delight.

About Harney & Sons View company

Tea of the morning…..

I am so lucky! I came home from a short vacation last week to a package of Earl Grey samples from Russel at the Millerton Shop. Too fun! There are two super samples I have never tried, and two smaller ones that I have not had for a while (it will be fun to revisit those, because I have noticed that my tastes have changed just a little bit over the course of my tea journey.) I have this, the Organic Earl Grey, and smaller samples of Tower of London and Viennese Earl Grey.

This one held the most interest as it has been on my list to try for some time. Since I love Diamond Jubilee, it only makes sense that this would also be a great choice for me.

As I drink this, I keep comparing it to the Goute Russe Douchka from Dammann Freres. All of the wonderful notes of citrus are there. Orange, grapefruit, bergamot. Nice leaf quality. I do think I have found a replacement as Dammann teas are not easy to come by in the States unless you want to pay a premium for them. I can get almost a pound of this for the cost of 100g of the other. This will do quite nicely! I am trying to place the base on this one, but really, it is overpowered by the citrus notes and just reads as a good one. It is very similar to Diamond Jubilee, too, although it lacks the beautiful silver tips. I must try it iced very soon. I will thoroughly enjoy drinking my way through this super sample! Thank you so much, Russel!

Usual teapot method.

ashmanra

Happy birthday, right? :D I think you and my middle daughter share one!

SimplyJenW

It is close to my birthday (July 22), but my anniversary is tomorrow! I tend to plan ahead on my birthday gifts… I just ordered some Zokus today!

ashmanra

Ah, that’s right! You share my mother’s birthday, not my daughter’s! Well, I had the right month. LOL! I think you will love the Zoku. I just had my daughter pick up another for me in Raleigh because we are using them all the time. If hubby is home and working outside, which is happening a lot between the chickens and the new fence, he may have two slushes a day, and we need one more cup in the freezer so someone else can have one, too! I have been making root beer freezes this week. The tea slushes are the very best thing in it to me, though!

SimplyJenW

I ordered two for us and one for my sister who has a three year old and an almost 2 year old. I can’t wait to try them! We do have a Williams-Sonoma close-ish, but I don’t have time to drive there this week! And thanks for the early ‘Happy Birthday’!

Thanks to Jenn for sending this to me as a part of a super sweet get well tea package! I’m still trying to find an earl grey I like and this might be it…even if it isn’t really an earl grey. All the flavors play really nice with one another. The citrus isn’t overpowering at all. In fact I don’t notice it until the end. I might have to order some of this…this is not a good sign for my wallet Jenn. ;)

ashmanra

Oh no! I just placed my order and forgot to gt this one!!! Maybe next time.

The Purrfect Cup

I think I might have to order some too!

Thanks to Jenn for a sample of this… it’s okay but a little heavy on the grapefruit for me and I’m also not a big fan of bergamot. It’s a little on the tart side. Not sure I am dying to have more but will certainly finish the cup. If you like a citrusy sort of earl grey this might be good for you…

Citrus blend smells harsh and awkward in dry form, but I hoped that would change when brewed. Unfortunately, the brewed cup tastes bitter, unbalanced, and not at all citrus-y. If anything this is an embellished Earl Gray, without any of the refinement of a good Earl Gray.

It’s strong, which is always a positive in my book….or cup as it were. The citrus notes are an unpleasantly spicy assault on the tongue, and I cannot discern grapefruit or orange. I had it sweetened with raw sugar cubes and liquid stevia.

If anyone wants the rest of my sample, message me and I’ll send it to you, I won’t be drinking the rest. It’s fresh and only has one teaspoon missing.

Steepster still seems to be having one of its little fits. It always emerges improved, but things get rather disordered in the process.
So, if anyone ever reads this, then I’m saying that I’m burning through this at an impressive rate. Its very citrus-y, a lemon tea and an earl grey mashed together, almost. I’ve been enjoying it as a summer tea.
I cant wait for the fall collections, though.

pyarkaaloo

i pressed the like button, hope it shows up! lol

Rosehips

It did! Hurrah!

I like black tea and I like citrus. I usually like both of them together. So I got a sample pack of this to try.

The dry tea smells pleasant. It is kind of but not quite fruit loops smelling. It has an artificial citrus scent to it but it is still pleasant for the nose.

The brewed tea is just ok. Pretty flat tasting. It could have used some sweetener. The citrus is quite artificial in the taste. It is not astringent but just slightly bitter towards the end. The black tea base seems to be quite thick and bold. I may have used too much tea or brewed too long.

This one was ok but a but disappointing. I still have some left to play around with though.

I ordered this as a change from Earl Grey and it has become one of my favorites. Bright as a sunny day! Nice when I want something light and refreshing. With a bit of sugar or sweetener it readily substitutes for desert after dinner.