Organic Assam

Edit tea info Last updated by TeaBrat

From Harney & Sons

Organic Assam
A rich tea with a sweet honey flavor. The 4 oz. tin has a silver metallic label.

About Harney & Sons View company

I got a bag of this as a sample with my last order and decided to make this my morning tea today. First, I snipped open the little pyramid bag and dumped the tea into my metal strainer because I just learned those bags are made of nylon and the though of dumping plastic into very hot water I would be drinking squicked me out.

I’m not as big of a fan of strong black teas as I used to be, but this is still a very nice tea. It’s definitely stronger than I’m used to these days, after switching to greens and oolongs, but it was exactly what I needed after one too many nights of staying up too late playing computer games (DARN YOU STEAM SUMMER SALE), and then being woken up too early by hungry felines.

This tea should get a few cups out of one spoonful.

I was expecting this to be quite sharp, but it’s very smooth and and a little bit sweet. I’m going to have trouble picking my default black now that it’s entered the fray!

Good, good, good. Not one of my top picks, but it has a nice flavor. It is one we go back to every now and again.