Organic Assam

Loam, Malt, Peat Moss
Edit tea info Last updated by TeaBrat

From Harney & Sons

Organic Assam
A rich tea with a sweet honey flavor. The 4 oz. tin has a silver metallic label.

About Harney & Sons View company

I got a bag of this as a sample with my last order and decided to make this my morning tea today. First, I snipped open the little pyramid bag and dumped the tea into my metal strainer because I just learned those bags are made of nylon and the though of dumping plastic into very hot water I would be drinking squicked me out.

I’m not as big of a fan of strong black teas as I used to be, but this is still a very nice tea. It’s definitely stronger than I’m used to these days, after switching to greens and oolongs, but it was exactly what I needed after one too many nights of staying up too late playing computer games (DARN YOU STEAM SUMMER SALE), and then being woken up too early by hungry felines.

This tea should get a few cups out of one spoonful.

I was expecting this to be quite sharp, but it’s very smooth and and a little bit sweet. I’m going to have trouble picking my default black now that it’s entered the fray!

I’m in Vegas for a few days, and it was handy that I had this tea in sachets to grab and stuff into my carry-on. I got to my first Starbucks and just ordered a $.54 cup of hot water…. And got the best drink I’ve had in a Starbucks cup ever! It actually tasted like tea leaves! Life away from home is different, so I don’t ever expect a good cup of tea… I expect reasonable. These Harney sachets are good…. Not fabulous, but good. A bit malty, a bit loamy… Just good. Good to travel with, good to rely on for a good cup of tea. I will keep these stashed in my cupboard for exactly this reason.

Flavors: Loam, Malt

Boiling 4 min, 15 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
boychik

have fun;)

Marzipan

Oo are there any fancy tea stores in Vegas?

donkeytiara

Marzipan, I didn’t see any…. But I was primarily there to help my mom get around to meet her high school girlfriend…. All I saw was a teavana, and I try to avoid the vulture/carrion feeling in that store!

1 pyramid sachet for 300mL water @100C, steeped five minutes, drunk bare.

I got this as a sample with my Harney & Sons order some months ago and just found it while tidying my tea cupboard.

A juicy Assam, but light in body: no heft, and not very much malt. I thought the liquor looked pale as it steeped, so I went five minutes, which might have been a mistake: the tea is bitter. It’s okay. It’s not an Assam I’d go out of my way to order, though.

Flavors: Malt, Peat Moss

Good, good, good. Not one of my top picks, but it has a nice flavor. It is one we go back to every now and again.