SoHo Blend

Chocolate, Coconut, Flowers, Vanilla, Cocoa
Edit tea info Last updated by Harney & Sons The Store

• “So long SoHo! (139/212) I think I may have fallen out of love with this one. It's the coconut that does it - I don't think I care for it and even the smell of it puts me off a little. It's a...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1681 tasting notes
  • “I haven't had this in ages. My friend liked it and I gave it to her for her birthday last year. She hasn't touched it, though, because she got distracted drinking other teas and her first cup of...” Read full tasting note
    ashmanra 1817 tasting notes
  • “Can't get over how delicious this tea is! Shared it with the roommate tonight, and she was in love as well. I made it a touch weak in order to reserve one more cup's worth for another day, but it...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2245 tasting notes
  • “I'm happy to announce that I am part of the Lush family again! I just got back from my first day at one of the locations here. Boy, have I ever missed working there. I love coming home smelling...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 757 tasting notes

From Harney & Sons

In honor of our new shop in Manhattan, we are introducing our SoHo Blend. Emeric Harney, the store manager, came up with this flavored black tea concoction. It has flavors of Chocolate and Coconut.

About Harney & Sons View company

I had high hopes for this tea, so high that I purchased the 20 count sachet tin instead of the loose leaf sample. What’s not to love…chocolate, coconut….yum. So when the package arrived today I couldn’t wait to try it.

Unfortunately, I don’t like it too much. It smells and tastes too artificial…and flowery. This is the second type of chocolate tea I’ve tried…maybe it’s not for me. I tried adding a splash of milk to make it a bit creamier. It didn’t help. I steeped it for 5 minutes, as the package suggests. Perhaps I will leave the sachet in for less time next.

Hi Steepsterians! I apologize for being MIA lately. So many different things going on. But don’t think I haven’t been drinking more than my fair share of delicious teas and miss you all! My apologies, I will be more diligent in the future, I promise!

So now that the time for Iced tea has come and gone – it’s great to welcome the fall. It’s amazing to me that I can have so many different teas with this flavor palette and still appreciate them distinctly. David’s Checkmate being one of my weekly go-to’s for a morning cuppan, I was hesitant to try this one as well. However, being that I work and spend most of my time in NYC (as well as being a frequent visitor to the Harney Broome St. Store) I felt somewhat obligated to try.

To my delight, it is decidedly different and unique. I get mostly the chocolate, balanced out by the coconut and light-yet-present florals. It is delicious! I have since incorporated it into my weekly routine. Although I enjoy it plenty now I can see it being a perfect winter tea.

I must be ambivalent about this tea, as I’m now finishing my sample without logging my cups! I love chocolate and coconut together, but this tea isn’t strongly flavored enough for me. I am typically a little underwhelmed by Harney’s chocolate I think. I’m glad I’m not in love, as it doesn’t come in small amounts! On the other hand, I mixed the last teaspoon with 1 bag of Republic of Tea’s chocolate coco and got exactly the flavor I wanted – and the RoT coconut is not very coconutty on its own – interesting! Still, I won’t be buying this. My search for the perfect chocolate/coconut flavor continues!

Coconut and chocolate – what’s not to love about a Mounds bar in a cup? This tea looks lovely and smell divine. The first time I drank some I remember enjoying it a lot. It became one of my favorites.

This time the flavors were a bit muted but I think that’s due to the age of the tea (it’s been sitting in my cabinet for several months while I distracted myself with other teas).

I’m almost done with this batch and I’ll definitely be reordering more of this delightful blend.

One of my new favorites. Exists somewhere on the same spectrum with their Paris and Florence blends.

Also, it’s amazing with some coconut milk and honey.

200 °F / 93 °C

I so desperately wanted to like this tea, as chocolate and coconut are two of my favourite flavors. However, the chocolate flavor in this tea comes off as a bit artificial, and the coconut is not very strong. When I prepared my first cup, it was extremely weak, even though I added two teaspoonfuls to a 12 oz cup. My second cup with 3 teaspoonfuls is much more flavorful, and in my opinion, a dash of milk adds the bit of creaminess necessary to something that is chocolate and coconut flavored.

Overall, this tea is not awful, but neither is it fantastic. It is pretty with the little flowers and smells heavenly in the tin, but it does not deliver when brewed.

Upon opening the tin, the blend of flower pedals contrasting against the black tea looks elegant. The dry leaf smell is strong chocolate. The wet leaf does not expand much when brewed. The liquor is still strong chocolate with a under-lying cream scent. Body is light to moderate with the first sip. The chocolate is not as strong as you would expect from the smell. There is a creaminess that coats your mouth which is very pleasant.
I could smell this tea dry all day, but I wish it was a little more complex brewed.

Frankly this tea left me disappointed. I was expecting a richer coconut flavor yet it was very subtle. I bought this for the distinct purpose of drinking this as a dessert tea and I don’t think it can live up to that. Saying that, I can tell that the black tea that is used here is very nice and smooth. As I drink a lot of plain black teas I think I will be fine drinking this on its own or I will blend with a sweeter tea. Don’t think I will purchase again as I can find sweeter dessert teas at Adagio or Davids.

This is a very delicious tea! Before it I tried Earl Grey Creme by Teavana and was wondering if there was a similar tasting tea but without the bergamot. I think I almost found it!

There was a pleasant creamy taste to this tea and I couldn’t figure out what it was. Then I read the reviews on Steepster and discovered that it is coconut! Usually I am not a big fan of coconut but in this tea it is very good!

Will be stocking this in my cupboard!

Another tribute tea for John Harney. This one given to me by the awesome, mj1851. Thanks so much! (:
Couldn’t really taste much coconut in this one, but it was definitely chocolatey! Ah, I do love a good, rich chocolate tea! ^^ I’ll definitely have to buy this!