White Fairy

White Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Harney & Sons The Store

2 Images

From Harney & Sons

This is another new tea from our buying trip to Hunan Province. It is unusual to find much white tea outside of Fujian Province. The big white tips and twist green leaves are beautiful to look at. The cup is light and slightly sweet.

About Harney & Sons View company

I was excited to try this new tea by Harney, probably because the description sounded so elusive and mystical. It did not disappoint. It’s subtlety is evident in aroma and taste. It smells like the first day of summer. It has a young and grassy taste that is very delicate, and true to the description, a little sweet. This is a very nice cup of tea.

1999 tasting notes

True to type, this is a very delicate and subtle tea. The scent is hay, and there is a little nutty flavor. This time it is the sweet nutmeat I taste, whereas often it is nut flavor with slight bitter walnut skin that I pick up in tea. The bitterness of nut was not present. This is one that had hubby repeating, “This is good” over and over. He is pretty picky so I consider that a recommendation!

We used one teaspoon of leaf and stopped at five steeps. We still had good color and flavor at that point. I think we could have gone one or two more but it was almost midnight at that point and we needed to go to bed.

This is one to enjoy when you have time to pay attention, not something for washing down our Asian buffet takeout.

I tried this at the harney store. Nice and light tea. I enjoyed it. Would purchase this if as a relaxing tea if I didn’t have so many.