Cranberry Autumn

Black Fruit Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “Had a big pot of this last night while watching Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. We're trying to watch all of the previous Harry Potter's before the new one comes out. It's so fun to see...” Read full tasting note
    Dragonwellluvr 558 tasting notes
  • “Yesterday, I received a lovely gift package as part of a swap and a tin of this was part of the gift. I was very happy to receive it, it is one that I haven't yet tried but have wanted to. The...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4366 tasting notes
  • “This was the final tea of tea party today! It is the last day of October, we are now officially hurled into the holiday season full force, and I want to celebrate! A long time ago I felt that...” Read full tasting note
    ashmanra 1815 tasting notes
  • “I am really enjoying this tea. It's bold without being bitter, and the hit of cranberry and orange is just right. It's just what I needed to wake up this morning. I would definitely recommend it to...” Read full tasting note
    ladykittykat 1220 tasting notes

From Harney & Sons

The tangy sweet citrus fragrance of Cranberry Autumn evokes euphoria. Dried cranberry and orange bits are blended with handpicked black teas from China and India producing a full-bodied brew as delicious as its scent. Ideally sweet and tart, this black tea expresses exceptionally smooth and flavorful tones. Fall in love with the sweet fruit aroma whilst sipping the exquisite mahogany red of Cranberry Autumn. Available loose and in sachets. The sachets are in seasonal tins.

About Harney & Sons View company

I simply love this time of year, and few things match it so perfectly as this tea. It sums up everything I love: the crisp, brisk air, the emblazoned leaves crunching underfoot. There’s nothing better than taking a deep breath and enjoying it, putting on an burnt orange sweater and warming up your hands and heart with this perfect fall companion.

Got this sample in trade from KallieBoo!. Thanks!

The cranberry is very strong in this one. Really strong. It’s so tart that I think I don’t like it very much. I like my cranberries to be moderated by other things and this one tastes like straight up steeped cranberries, I can’t even taste the tea part of it. There is something else that I can’t identify in the taste and it’s rubbing me the wrong way.

I was wary of this, but it was surprisingly nice! I didn’t steep it to the recommended time, and it was a smoother cup than the bitter one I had before (my fault, though, let the tea steep too long.) Very tart, but with the addition of honey it becomes a well-rounded tea with a pleasant flavor.

Tabby

I loved this one unexpectedly, too. :)

This really is the perfect tea on a cold autumn day. The cranberry and orange mix great with the tea and produce a flavor that’s both smooth and tart at the same time. I went back to reorder this within days of receiving my first tin.

Backlogging…
Last night I was in a black tea mood, so this was my early evening choice.
I continue to be impressed with Harney and Sons, their teas are well blended and seem to me
perfectly proportioned. Orange always has the flavor power to dominate but not in this case.
Cranberry and Black Tea are featured with Orange is a supporting role. I really like this and
look forward to crisp fall days

I recently discovered not one, but two loose tea fans who work with me at school. We decided to swap some of our faves. This morning, courtesy of one, I’m drinking Cranberry Autumn by Harney & Sons.

The scent of this tea before brewing is extraordinary. It’s such a rich, fruity (in a very berry way) and delicious smelling tea.

I went lightly in allowing it to steep. Boiling for 1 minute using the Breville. (It was ready and waiting for me when I awoke this morning.) I’m so glad that I chose the light setting this morning as it came out beautifully. Its taste is very similar to its scent… simply amazing. It’s nice without being overwhelming and the tea and berry tastes are combined so well that I can’t help smiling. What a beautiful tea!

Dry leaves had strong chemical, artificial aroma. Once infused (as recommended by Harney & Sons), however, the aroma had a fresher cranberry-orange aroma, although there was a melted hard candy undertone in the liquor flavor.

TeaEqualsBliss

You seem to be striking out lately…sorry to hear! :)

PattiM

Just one of those days—

This tea is so flavorful and delicious. I picked it up on the recommendation of the lady who runs my local knitting shop. She advised me to use the same bag to make two full pots of tea, which I found to be totally doable. Lovely, but not overwhelming cranberry taste. Fruity and perfect with a light dessert. I made a raspberry pound cake and it was a good pairing. Ideal on its own too.

The first time I had this I thought it was dull but then I realized I didn’t steep it enough. With the right amount of steepage time, this tea was wonderful!

Smells better than it tastes, but I am not a fruit in tea person. I love the thought, but it’s not for me