Cranberry Autumn

Black Fruit Blend
Cranberry
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From Harney & Sons

The tangy sweet citrus fragrance of Cranberry Autumn evokes euphoria. Dried cranberry and orange bits are blended with handpicked black teas from China and India producing a full-bodied brew as delicious as its scent. Ideally sweet and tart, this black tea expresses exceptionally smooth and flavorful tones. Fall in love with the sweet fruit aroma whilst sipping the exquisite mahogany red of Cranberry Autumn. Available loose and in sachets. The sachets are in seasonal tins.

About Harney & Sons View company

I simply love this time of year, and few things match it so perfectly as this tea. It sums up everything I love: the crisp, brisk air, the emblazoned leaves crunching underfoot. There’s nothing better than taking a deep breath and enjoying it, putting on an burnt orange sweater and warming up your hands and heart with this perfect fall companion.

Got this sample in trade from KallieBoo!. Thanks!

The cranberry is very strong in this one. Really strong. It’s so tart that I think I don’t like it very much. I like my cranberries to be moderated by other things and this one tastes like straight up steeped cranberries, I can’t even taste the tea part of it. There is something else that I can’t identify in the taste and it’s rubbing me the wrong way.

I was wary of this, but it was surprisingly nice! I didn’t steep it to the recommended time, and it was a smoother cup than the bitter one I had before (my fault, though, let the tea steep too long.) Very tart, but with the addition of honey it becomes a well-rounded tea with a pleasant flavor.

Tabby

I loved this one unexpectedly, too. :)

This really is the perfect tea on a cold autumn day. The cranberry and orange mix great with the tea and produce a flavor that’s both smooth and tart at the same time. I went back to reorder this within days of receiving my first tin.

Backlogging…
Last night I was in a black tea mood, so this was my early evening choice.
I continue to be impressed with Harney and Sons, their teas are well blended and seem to me
perfectly proportioned. Orange always has the flavor power to dominate but not in this case.
Cranberry and Black Tea are featured with Orange is a supporting role. I really like this and
look forward to crisp fall days

I recently discovered not one, but two loose tea fans who work with me at school. We decided to swap some of our faves. This morning, courtesy of one, I’m drinking Cranberry Autumn by Harney & Sons.

The scent of this tea before brewing is extraordinary. It’s such a rich, fruity (in a very berry way) and delicious smelling tea.

I went lightly in allowing it to steep. Boiling for 1 minute using the Breville. (It was ready and waiting for me when I awoke this morning.) I’m so glad that I chose the light setting this morning as it came out beautifully. Its taste is very similar to its scent… simply amazing. It’s nice without being overwhelming and the tea and berry tastes are combined so well that I can’t help smiling. What a beautiful tea!

Dry leaves had strong chemical, artificial aroma. Once infused (as recommended by Harney & Sons), however, the aroma had a fresher cranberry-orange aroma, although there was a melted hard candy undertone in the liquor flavor.

TeaEqualsBliss

You seem to be striking out lately…sorry to hear! :)

PattiM

Just one of those days—

This tea is so flavorful and delicious. I picked it up on the recommendation of the lady who runs my local knitting shop. She advised me to use the same bag to make two full pots of tea, which I found to be totally doable. Lovely, but not overwhelming cranberry taste. Fruity and perfect with a light dessert. I made a raspberry pound cake and it was a good pairing. Ideal on its own too.

This mild, pleasant tea has a strong smell out of the bag but a mild one in the cup.

I like eating cranberries for food, but wasn’t sure about as a focus note in tea. It’s in the background and almost makes me want to say it’s an astringent feel, but it’s not. It’s natural and not artificial, not strong, blending in.

Unfortunately the issue is the black tea base is bland to me and this is a boring cup. It’s mild but hardly there and I even ended up making this with more than the recommended amount and steeped a good amount of time. Not bad but nothing special.

Flavors: Cranberry

Mmmm, cranberry. This tastes just like it, but isn’t too tart or sour. It also isn’t too sweet – cranberries aren’t sweet, so this is spot on. It is great hot, it is great iced. It isn’t bitter. I really have nothing negative to say about it.

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML