Cranberry Autumn

Black Fruit Blend
Cranberry
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “Had a big pot of this last night while watching Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. We're trying to watch all of the previous Harry Potter's before the new one comes out. It's so fun to see...” Read full tasting note
    Dragonwellluvr 558 tasting notes
  • “Yesterday, I received a lovely gift package as part of a swap and a tin of this was part of the gift. I was very happy to receive it, it is one that I haven't yet tried but have wanted to. The...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4637 tasting notes
  • “This was the final tea of tea party today! It is the last day of October, we are now officially hurled into the holiday season full force, and I want to celebrate! A long time ago I felt that...” Read full tasting note
    ashmanra 1876 tasting notes
  • “I am really enjoying this tea. It's bold without being bitter, and the hit of cranberry and orange is just right. It's just what I needed to wake up this morning. I would definitely recommend it to...” Read full tasting note
    ladykittykat 1320 tasting notes

From Harney & Sons

The tangy sweet citrus fragrance of Cranberry Autumn evokes euphoria. Dried cranberry and orange bits are blended with handpicked black teas from China and India producing a full-bodied brew as delicious as its scent. Ideally sweet and tart, this black tea expresses exceptionally smooth and flavorful tones. Fall in love with the sweet fruit aroma whilst sipping the exquisite mahogany red of Cranberry Autumn. Available loose and in sachets. The sachets are in seasonal tins.

About Harney & Sons View company

Hot, I did not like this at all!! How odd.
It was musty and a bit bitter, but not in a cranberry way.
Now that its cooled, I can taste the fruitiness a bit more while any must has faded. There’s also something mildly spicy in there, though I can’t figure out quite what.
In terms of a classic cranberry tea, it isn’t exactly what I imagined or craved, so I guess the perfect cranberry tea hunt must continue.
Overall, I’d say that it does evoke a theme of “autumn” so points for that.

Dustin

I think their Boston blend has cranberries too. It sounded intriguing, but when I tried it it was very similar to hibiscus.

Dustin

…which = very blech IMO.

Indigobloom

Hmmm. Now I am curious.
I don’t mind hibiscus IF in moderation, and if it contributes to the taste of the fruit. But I can’t stand it when they add so much that all you taste is sour!

Kittenna

Cranberry Pear from DT is my favourite cranberry tea. Most seem to use hibiscus to emulate the tartness of cranberry, which wrecks it.

Indigobloom

I really liked the one from Mlesna, but I’ve run out now. I seem to recall loving the Cran Pear one, though it has been ages! totally agreed on the hibby :/

Just got this from the Harney free shipping deal. It’s a nice smooth fruity tea. I was actually expecting more of a tart cranberry flavor. It’s also suppose to have orange, but I didn’t get too much orange from my first cup.

Overall it was still pretty good, not being what I was expecting. Those that don’t like a tart cranberry would love this one.

It’ll be nice to bring this to Thanksgiving dinner, everyone should love it.

Its November! That means the first day of Nanowrimo. Expect, dear friends in tea, to see lots of references to “writer juice” (aka tea), complaints about the word count, and the occational harassed, somewhat frantic rantings of a deranged writer.
At least I have some tea!
This seemed like just the right thing to act as the first tea of November. It will be the first of many!
Who else is doing a Nanowrimo project? I know that theres a discussion board, but is there anyone else lurking out there with a novel hidden inside them?

gmathis

Writer juice. Love it! (Will be needing a bundle of that this month, too. Not NaNo’ing, but a wagonload of freelancing deadlines!)

Ost

If my health wasn’t so bad I’d be doing NaNo too. But since I can’t, I’ll be on the side lines cheering you guys on! :P Good luck!!:D

The first time I had this I thought it was dull but then I realized I didn’t steep it enough. With the right amount of steepage time, this tea was wonderful!

Smells better than it tastes, but I am not a fruit in tea person. I love the thought, but it’s not for me

Yes, here is a taste of yet another free sample. The tea itself smells scrumptious and chock full of cranberry, orange and other nummies, but I only saw a couple bits of fruit. Upon steeping, this tea yields a beautiful amber brown color and the aroma is light with a slight scent of orange. The liquor itself is a bit disappointing due to the delicious aroma. While it’s not bad, I don’t think I’d buy it. While pleasant on the tongue, this tea is full-bodied but light with a hint of citrus and a slight bite of cranberry. Not a favorite, but as best, it was simply pleasant.

The taste and aroma of these leaves and liquor are very, very good. Perfect for a cold autumn morning.

This is one of my favorite teas. It must be very popular as it has been sold out on H&S website in the past when I tried to order it. It has a good balance of black tea and fruit flavor. I steep it at work and sometimes get distracted so the steep time can be 10 or 15 minutes and it doesn’t get bitter like some teas. It also seems to last well if left in the cup for hours. I like it with some ginger in it also.

One of my favorites. Lovely tea. I drink it all the time.

This tea smells and tastes amazing!