Passion Fruit

Black Fruit Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “A general note before the review: I usually read every single review posted and I keep scrolling down page after page until I get to one I have already read. Then as I scroll back I click "like"...” Read full tasting note
    ashmanra 1826 tasting notes
  • “Iced tea of the day....... I probably have enough left for one more pitcher. This one comes out crisp, slightly brisk, and with overtones of a tangy sweet fruit. It is excellent iced, but I...” Read full tasting note
    SimplyJenW 974 tasting notes
  • “This is a sample I got from Harney and Sons and thought I'd try it out this morning. I noticed the leaves have a musky-melon kind of smell, is that a characteristic of a passionfruit? I steeped...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2397 tasting notes
  • “hum. is this a passion fruit taste? i can't make up my mind... the dry leaf gives me different values than does the steep: ripe apricot, raspberry and blueberry, each of them very distinctly....” Read full tasting note
    JustJames 379 tasting notes

From Harney & Sons

America’s favorite tropical flavor. Give this “juicy” tea a try and you will know why it is so popular.

About Harney & Sons View company

Aroma: Fruity, tart
Liquor Color: Reddish
Liquor Flavor: Sweet, tart, fruity
Notes: This tea is very good in an iced form. It’s refreshing, tart, fruity sweet. Hot, it’s very tropical so I think I’d prefer it cold. The base is really nice, smooth and light. Nothing was over powering.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I have a mounting addiction to passion flavored teas (something about rose hips…) and I decided to buy a 50 bag box of this tea. Little did I know, it was a black tea, and I’m still warming up to black teas. I tried quite a few times doing the normal brewing routine, but I just didn’t enjoy it. HOWEVER, today I decided to cold brew a few bags and give it another chance. Boy was that a good idea! The fruity flavors really came out and it was delightful and refreshing! I think this might become a summer time favorite- and I won’t have to worry about going through all 50 bags!!

I ordered a sample of this months ago and just now got around to trying it… and I’m glad I did! I have been a fan of every Harney fruit tea I have tried thus far aside from apricot, my favorite being black currant, and this is similar but different.

The dry leaf smells intensely of passion fruit, but the taste of the tea doesn’t reflect that strong scent. Instead, it’s a rich black tea with a vert slightly tangy and ambiguously fruity flavor. Passion fruit? I suppose, though I would not have guessed that in a blind taste test. It’s a summery, fruity tea that is very enjoyable plain and hot; I imagine it might be even better iced, and will have to give that a try.

This tea is too sweet for my taste buds, and I am usually a huge fan of flavored black teas. If I have to drink this, I prefer it as iced tea.

I tend to drink a lot of black tea, and when I was craving something with a fruity flavor, this tea was perfectly flavored while still maintaining the boldness of a rich black tea. The flavor really came alive when I added a little honey.