Organic Green with Citrus and Ginkgo

Fruit Green Herbal Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “This tea came as a free sample from Harney and Sons and I've had it for a while and am just getting around to trying it now... I like the citrus quality here, it's kind of lime-y and the ginkgo...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2164 tasting notes
  • “Working outside my normal environs this week, but it allows me to pick through other people's tea stashes, intrepid explorer that I am. Considering that this one was clumsily made in a Kuerig that...” Read full tasting note
    gmathis 1624 tasting notes
  • “I am getting back on the Green Tea Horse with this one :) This silken sachet was included as a freebie in my latest Harney & Sons delivery. The green tea is pretty palatable. Not bitter and gentle...” Read full tasting note
    JacquelineM 1112 tasting notes
  • “Another sample from Harney & Sons with my recent order. It isn't horrible, but I'm not sure it is a green tea for me. The Earl Grey Supreme I had this morning had just the right amount of citrus...” Read full tasting note
    ThePurrfectCup 374 tasting notes

From Harney & Sons

In search of the organic? Look no further! Organic Green is a beautiful blend of handpicked green tea from China with citrus and ginkgo. By blending in natural citrus and sweet ginkgo, the bitterness and astringency typical in green teas, disappears, drawing out a delightfully clean and soothing green tea. Enjoy a healthy yet delicious tea effusing a bright citrus scent with a refreshing mint finish.

About Harney & Sons View company

This was a free sample that came with my order, so thank you Harney & Sons!

Leaf Quality
This sample tea was in a sachet. However, I could still see the individual leaves. They were cut, so there were no full green tea leaves. Also, the picking and processing region in China was not specified. Upon opening the sample, I got a very wonderful Margarita-like aroma. It smelled like lime.

Brewed Tea
It smelled just like the dried leaves- like a margarita. The color of the brew was a yellowish-green, and bits of tea and herb dust fell to the bottom of the cup. It was very citrusy, and tasted as if lemongrass were somewhere in the blend. This tea wasn’t too bad, although I think I would prefer it as an iced beverage. There really isn’t a very green tea flavor in this tea. The typical green tea flavor is overcome by the Ginko and citrus. I would have liked more green tea, or perhaps a stronger one.

I’m glad I got this one for free, as I would not have been satisfied paying for it.

The green tea is mild and its lemony without being tart. Great for casual sipping.

Cant taste or cant tell the ginkgo!

Tried 3 to 4 cups of it today at lunch in DC. Bagged version, though, so I don’t know what the loose version is like. It was up my alley; a strong enough tea base without being overpowering (yay green), citrusy flavor and savory flavor from the ginko, which I could only describe as “leafy,” but not in a bad way. It’s a little less fruit-y than Good Earth’s green with citrus something-or-other, but still good. I see I’ve tried other teas from this company before and been satisfied.
The tea did get weak by the third steep, but that’s typical for a teabag.

I really love the taste of this tea but I really HATE the very small particles. I feel I have to use a tea bag filter or else I’m eating the stuff. This is the only reason why I won’t buy again.

ru06

I haven’t had the same experience. Either way those small particles are supposedly healthy! : )

This was a pleasant citrus Green. The Ginkgo lingered for me, but wasn’t overpowering.

I’ve been drinking this first thing every morning and liking it a lot. Very gentle, like other people have said—not bitter/sharp the way other green teas can be. I guess it’s the citrus that softens the edge; I can’t really taste the gingko. It’s true that it’s an odd-looking tea: more like a variegated green-and-yellow powder than leaves. I use a pretty fine-mesh strainer (Teeli) for brewing, so don’t have the problem of getting little particles into the tea itself… that would not be so pleasant.

This is my new favorite Green, hands down. It’s the perfect mix between Harney’s Chinese Flower (a delicious, but overwhelming green) and my previous favorite, Twining’s standard Green. The citrus is light, but present, and it brings just the right amount of flavor. With a bit of honey, you absolutely cannot go wrong!

Sipdown! (117)

Today was definitely so much better than yesterday, but my headeache is killing me and so I figured this tea would help.
I know peppermint works for headaches and things, but I really am not feeling peppermint right now so I went for a citrus-y tea.

This definitely smells super nice from the package! It has nice and sweet citrus-y notes which seems perfect.
Steeping, the sweet kinda diminishes and now it’s turning into an overly citrus tea.
Drinking it, the citrus lingers and leaves a weird aftertaste for a while. I do’t like it all that much, but I feel like this would help my headache tonight so… yeah. Going to probably finish this cup, but I probably won’t buy it again.

Had a pot of this (from bag) at Little Giant in the LES. It tasted of citrus, even though the tag said straight-up Organic Green.

I grabbed the sample that Harney sent me as I ran out the door this morning. Naturally, I got pulled into a meeting while I was brewing this up and over-steeped it. But, it held up amazingly well — it didn’t develop much bitterness. The citrus was very apparent and I picked up some of the ginko. I’d like to try it again with a shorter steep time because I think this tea could really shine.

175 °F / 79 °C 8 min or more