Organic Green with Citrus and Ginkgo

Fruit Green Herbal Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “This tea came as a free sample from Harney and Sons and I've had it for a while and am just getting around to trying it now... I like the citrus quality here, it's kind of lime-y and the ginkgo...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2586 tasting notes
  • “Working outside my normal environs this week, but it allows me to pick through other people's tea stashes, intrepid explorer that I am. Considering that this one was clumsily made in a Kuerig that...” Read full tasting note
    gmathis 1770 tasting notes
  • “I am getting back on the Green Tea Horse with this one :) This silken sachet was included as a freebie in my latest Harney & Sons delivery. The green tea is pretty palatable. Not bitter and gentle...” Read full tasting note
    JacquelineM 1112 tasting notes
  • “Another sample from Harney & Sons with my recent order. It isn't horrible, but I'm not sure it is a green tea for me. The Earl Grey Supreme I had this morning had just the right amount of citrus...” Read full tasting note
    ThePurrfectCup 374 tasting notes

From Harney & Sons

In search of the organic? Look no further! Organic Green is a beautiful blend of handpicked green tea from China with citrus and ginkgo. By blending in natural citrus and sweet ginkgo, the bitterness and astringency typical in green teas, disappears, drawing out a delightfully clean and soothing green tea. Enjoy a healthy yet delicious tea effusing a bright citrus scent with a refreshing mint finish.

About Harney & Sons View company

This was a free sample that came with my order, so thank you Harney & Sons!

Leaf Quality
This sample tea was in a sachet. However, I could still see the individual leaves. They were cut, so there were no full green tea leaves. Also, the picking and processing region in China was not specified. Upon opening the sample, I got a very wonderful Margarita-like aroma. It smelled like lime.

Brewed Tea
It smelled just like the dried leaves- like a margarita. The color of the brew was a yellowish-green, and bits of tea and herb dust fell to the bottom of the cup. It was very citrusy, and tasted as if lemongrass were somewhere in the blend. This tea wasn’t too bad, although I think I would prefer it as an iced beverage. There really isn’t a very green tea flavor in this tea. The typical green tea flavor is overcome by the Ginko and citrus. I would have liked more green tea, or perhaps a stronger one.

I’m glad I got this one for free, as I would not have been satisfied paying for it.

The green tea is mild and its lemony without being tart. Great for casual sipping.

Cant taste or cant tell the ginkgo!

Tried 3 to 4 cups of it today at lunch in DC. Bagged version, though, so I don’t know what the loose version is like. It was up my alley; a strong enough tea base without being overpowering (yay green), citrusy flavor and savory flavor from the ginko, which I could only describe as “leafy,” but not in a bad way. It’s a little less fruit-y than Good Earth’s green with citrus something-or-other, but still good. I see I’ve tried other teas from this company before and been satisfied.
The tea did get weak by the third steep, but that’s typical for a teabag.

I really love the taste of this tea but I really HATE the very small particles. I feel I have to use a tea bag filter or else I’m eating the stuff. This is the only reason why I won’t buy again.

ru06

I haven’t had the same experience. Either way those small particles are supposedly healthy! : )

This was a pleasant citrus Green. The Ginkgo lingered for me, but wasn’t overpowering.

I’ve been drinking this first thing every morning and liking it a lot. Very gentle, like other people have said—not bitter/sharp the way other green teas can be. I guess it’s the citrus that softens the edge; I can’t really taste the gingko. It’s true that it’s an odd-looking tea: more like a variegated green-and-yellow powder than leaves. I use a pretty fine-mesh strainer (Teeli) for brewing, so don’t have the problem of getting little particles into the tea itself… that would not be so pleasant.

This is my new favorite Green, hands down. It’s the perfect mix between Harney’s Chinese Flower (a delicious, but overwhelming green) and my previous favorite, Twining’s standard Green. The citrus is light, but present, and it brings just the right amount of flavor. With a bit of honey, you absolutely cannot go wrong!

Sample cube 18/18!

This one had a very intense citrus aroma as soon as I opened the package. The sachet contains not only green tea bits but also very finely chopped pieces of something lighter, which I think is lemongrass in spite of it not being labelled on the package. (Later I checked the website and lemongrass was indeed one of the ingredients). The brewed tea still has that very strong citrus scent, almost like lemon drop candies. The flavor is quite mellow, not really sharp or vegetal for a green, with that familiar lemongrass zest. It’s not bad, though not something I’d seek out often.

And that’s it for the sampler! Now back to being busy…

I have returned from the wilds of Cumbria, where a ‘large road’ is any road that is wider than single track. And the wilds were indeed wild. Especially that time we got a little bit lost. Or the time the satnav were supposed to take us to the Lakeland Motor Museum and deposited us in front of Holker Hall. (Which coinkidinkally we had visited earlier in the week) And mountainous. Very mountainous. I climbed two little ones. Husband claims they were hills and that he could have done it in flip-flops. HA! I know a mountain when I struggle up one and these were mountains. And he never proved the flip-flops statement either.

Have earned my mountain goat badge and my map reading badge, I think.

Oh, and I posted this without actually pasting in the actual post. Here you go.

Queued post, written May 21st 2014

Let the green tea day commence! Well. That is to say. How many green teas can I drink before I have to choose between making a black or going crazy?

I’ve started with an effort to do something about the tin of random bags. I’ve got a handful of bags and I’ve put them in a tin in order to stem chaos. Trouble is, I forget to look in the tin when searching the box of untried things for something new, which is why the ones I’ve taken out and hope to be using to day are a bit ancient. This one, for example, was shared with me by Fleurdelily in 2012! O.o So were a couple of the others.

Hopefully they will still produce some flavour then.

Now, this one. I usually have a black tea in the morning and usually an unflavoured one. Since it’s Green Tea Day, I couldn’t have that today. Then I saw this one said gingko on it, and if memory serves me correctly that’s one of those things that are supposed to be refreshing and providing a bit of a mental boost and energy and whatnot. Seemed a good choice for the morning, then. Or am I confusing it with ginseng? Either way, I have no idea what it’s supposed to taste like.

This is a fairly mild tea (or it has become a fairly mild one) and the lemon flavouring is quite strong, but not sour. It doesn’t taste like biting a lemon, but it has a very pleasing lemony aftertaste.

I can’t say anything about the base though. It might have faded into almost nothing which makes lemon all I can taste because it’s all there is to taste, but even so this is actually a very pleasant blend. Husband, being a lemon fiend, would probably have enjoyed this greatly, but I only had the one bag.

I shan’t rate it, though, because of the sheer age of it and then flavour being such as I can’t tell if it has changed over time. Sometimes you can sort of taste the ghost of what it could have been with a faded tea (or an accidentally mis-brewed one for that matter), have you noticed that?

yyz

I’ve seen the flip flop up the mountain thing at great speed in the Himalayas. I went hiking /tea stand sampling up a mountain near Mcleod Ganj in India. There was a Tibetan Youth Group that basically ran up the mountain and had a decent start at setting up camp before I reached the highest point of my hike, and yes most of them were in flip flops. I was too come to think about it. That’s about all I wore in India. Sounds like you had fun though and several adventures!

boychik

This tea is meh even when fresh

Aroma: Lemongrass, ginger
Liquor Color: Dark yellow
Liquor Flavor: Bright, refreshing, lemongrass mint?
Notes: I got an intense lemongrass flavor, but maybe it’s just my imagination. I could see this as being pretty good iced. It’s very refreshing and the green tea base isn’t astringent or anything. Just not something that I prefer.