Organic Green with Citrus and Ginkgo

Fruit Green Herbal Blend
Lemon, Lemongrass, Lime, Spearmint, Citrus, Mint
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From Harney & Sons

In search of the organic? Look no further! Organic Green is a beautiful blend of handpicked green tea from China with citrus and ginkgo. By blending in natural citrus and sweet ginkgo, the bitterness and astringency typical in green teas, disappears, drawing out a delightfully clean and soothing green tea. Enjoy a healthy yet delicious tea effusing a bright citrus scent with a refreshing mint finish.

About Harney & Sons View company

This was a free sample that came with my order, so thank you Harney & Sons!

Leaf Quality
This sample tea was in a sachet. However, I could still see the individual leaves. They were cut, so there were no full green tea leaves. Also, the picking and processing region in China was not specified. Upon opening the sample, I got a very wonderful Margarita-like aroma. It smelled like lime.

Brewed Tea
It smelled just like the dried leaves- like a margarita. The color of the brew was a yellowish-green, and bits of tea and herb dust fell to the bottom of the cup. It was very citrusy, and tasted as if lemongrass were somewhere in the blend. This tea wasn’t too bad, although I think I would prefer it as an iced beverage. There really isn’t a very green tea flavor in this tea. The typical green tea flavor is overcome by the Ginko and citrus. I would have liked more green tea, or perhaps a stronger one.

I’m glad I got this one for free, as I would not have been satisfied paying for it.

The green tea is mild and its lemony without being tart. Great for casual sipping.

Cant taste or cant tell the ginkgo!

Tried 3 to 4 cups of it today at lunch in DC. Bagged version, though, so I don’t know what the loose version is like. It was up my alley; a strong enough tea base without being overpowering (yay green), citrusy flavor and savory flavor from the ginko, which I could only describe as “leafy,” but not in a bad way. It’s a little less fruit-y than Good Earth’s green with citrus something-or-other, but still good. I see I’ve tried other teas from this company before and been satisfied.
The tea did get weak by the third steep, but that’s typical for a teabag.

I really love the taste of this tea but I really HATE the very small particles. I feel I have to use a tea bag filter or else I’m eating the stuff. This is the only reason why I won’t buy again.

I haven’t had the same experience. Either way those small particles are supposedly healthy! : )

This was a pleasant citrus Green. The Ginkgo lingered for me, but wasn’t overpowering.

I’ve been drinking this first thing every morning and liking it a lot. Very gentle, like other people have said—not bitter/sharp the way other green teas can be. I guess it’s the citrus that softens the edge; I can’t really taste the gingko. It’s true that it’s an odd-looking tea: more like a variegated green-and-yellow powder than leaves. I use a pretty fine-mesh strainer (Teeli) for brewing, so don’t have the problem of getting little particles into the tea itself… that would not be so pleasant.

This is my new favorite Green, hands down. It’s the perfect mix between Harney’s Chinese Flower (a delicious, but overwhelming green) and my previous favorite, Twining’s standard Green. The citrus is light, but present, and it brings just the right amount of flavor. With a bit of honey, you absolutely cannot go wrong!

Sipdown (178)

So this tea tasted like weed to me. Don’t ask how I know what weed tastes like but I was instantly confused when I took a sip of this. In fact, I was so convinced that I must be wrong, I made my sister try it and she definitely felt the same. It reminded me of the time my sister brought a travel toothpaste on a trip with us and I told her it tasted like pickles and she looked at me like I was crazy only for me to later hear a giant OMG from the bathroom when she realized I was right.

Drinking this in the afternoon for a little pick me up. The nose has key lime citrus, and a bit of spearmint at the end. It makes this really nice to enjoy after lunch.

Flavors: Lemon, Lemongrass, Lime, Spearmint

Grabbed this out of my tea drawer, as I was just looking for something quick while I made dinner…. It’s not really my thing, but it’s ok for right now.
It feels more like the type of tea I’d drink when I felt sick…so maybe I should add this to a ‘buy this tea next time you’re all ill and gross’ list…
There’s nothing wrong with it, it just doesn’t float my boat like a gently flavoured or straight green does…
Off to prep my asparagus and listen to more of this week’s Bombcast podcast. :)

Flavors: Citrus, Mint