Organic Green with Citrus and Ginkgo

Fruit Green Herbal Blend
Citrus, Mint
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From Harney & Sons

In search of the organic? Look no further! Organic Green is a beautiful blend of handpicked green tea from China with citrus and ginkgo. By blending in natural citrus and sweet ginkgo, the bitterness and astringency typical in green teas, disappears, drawing out a delightfully clean and soothing green tea. Enjoy a healthy yet delicious tea effusing a bright citrus scent with a refreshing mint finish.

About Harney & Sons View company

Aroma: Lemongrass, ginger
Liquor Color: Dark yellow
Liquor Flavor: Bright, refreshing, lemongrass mint?
Notes: I got an intense lemongrass flavor, but maybe it’s just my imagination. I could see this as being pretty good iced. It’s very refreshing and the green tea base isn’t astringent or anything. Just not something that I prefer.

Sipdown! (117)

Today was definitely so much better than yesterday, but my headeache is killing me and so I figured this tea would help.
I know peppermint works for headaches and things, but I really am not feeling peppermint right now so I went for a citrus-y tea.

This definitely smells super nice from the package! It has nice and sweet citrus-y notes which seems perfect.
Steeping, the sweet kinda diminishes and now it’s turning into an overly citrus tea.
Drinking it, the citrus lingers and leaves a weird aftertaste for a while. I do’t like it all that much, but I feel like this would help my headache tonight so… yeah. Going to probably finish this cup, but I probably won’t buy it again.

Had a pot of this (from bag) at Little Giant in the LES. It tasted of citrus, even though the tag said straight-up Organic Green.

I grabbed the sample that Harney sent me as I ran out the door this morning. Naturally, I got pulled into a meeting while I was brewing this up and over-steeped it. But, it held up amazingly well — it didn’t develop much bitterness. The citrus was very apparent and I picked up some of the ginko. I’d like to try it again with a shorter steep time because I think this tea could really shine.

175 °F / 79 °C 8 min or more

Loose leaf. I buy it by the pound and drink it almost every day.

I loved this green tea!!! The natural citrus really brightens the flavor, where many green teas are a bit too earthy for my taste. Plus I just enjoy citrus flavors anyway, and I appreciate being able to enjoy the health benefits of green tea and ginkgo as well.