Decaffeinated Paris

Edit tea info Last updated by SimplyJenW

• “Tea of the late afternoon....... I could not resist the thought of Decaf Paris, so here it is in my cupboard. I am getting so much more sensitive to caffeine late in the day, and in my opinion,...” Read full tasting note
    SimplyJenW 970 tasting notes
  • “Backlog- yesterday afternoon's tea. This came in my last Harney and Sons order. I always liked the original Paris from H&S so I thought I'd try this. I steeped this for 4 minutes and I think it...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2307 tasting notes
  • “I got this one in a swap quite a while ago from *SimplyJenW*... sorry it took me so long to get to it, and thanks for the tea! I so rarely think of having tea at night, but tonight after taking my...” Read full tasting note
    dinosara 1911 tasting notes
  • “I picked this up over the weekend from the Millerton shop. I had a tin of regular Paris, but I have no idea where it got to. I might have gifted it to a friend or sent it out in swaps. Anyway I...” Read full tasting note
    ThePurrfectCup 374 tasting notes

From Harney & Sons

Finally a decaffeinated version of this very popular blend created for everyone has been clamoring for Decaf Paris. Now even nighttime tea lovers can enjoy this fruity black tea with vanilla and caramel flavors, and a hint of lemony Bergamot, and still get a good night’s sleep.

About Harney & Sons View company

Tea of the late afternoon…….

I could not resist the thought of Decaf Paris, so here it is in my cupboard. I am getting so much more sensitive to caffeine late in the day, and in my opinion, Harney does the best decaf black teas around.

The tea base is good, and I would say the flavor is just slightly more subdued than regular Paris. Totally a winner for me, because I can have my black tea late at night and sleep, too.

Usual mug method, 200 water for 3 minutes. Lightly sweetened.

ScottTeaMan

Their Vanilla Comoro is the best decaf I’ve had-not thst I’ve had very many, but it is really good. :))

LadyLondonderry

ITA. Harney is my top choice for decaf blacks and for flavored ones too. My one-pound bag of Decaf Ceylon is getting low; I might have to replace it with some Decaf Paris. Seems like a good choice for spring and summer. And yes, Vanilla Comoro is totally yummy too.

ashmanra

Is this new? I don’t remember seeing Decaf Paris before! I love their Decaf Ceylon and Vanilla Comoro.

SimplyJenW

It is new! It just came out in the last month!

Backlog- yesterday afternoon’s tea. This came in my last Harney and Sons order. I always liked the original Paris from H&S so I thought I’d try this.

I steeped this for 4 minutes and I think it came out just right. For a decaf it is pretty tasty, I got the vanilla and caramel but I thought I also detected a berry type of flavor. I didn’t pick up much bergamot, which is fortunate since I’m not really a fan. I did end up adding soymilk to this and quite happily finished it. It’s hard to find decaf teas that I really like but this is quite nice. I need to address my insomnia problem and I think cutting back on the caffeine will certainly help. I’m looking forward to cuddling up with this tea one afternoon and reading a good book. :)

Fjellrev

Nice, H&S seems to do decaf well.

TeaBrat

I would agree…

LadyLondonderry

Me too. Harney is my go-to for decaf. I’ve gone through one-pound bags of Decaf Paris, Decaf Ceylon and (decaf) Vanilla Comoro, and am currently working my way through one of Decaf Assam.

1911 tasting notes

I got this one in a swap quite a while ago from SimplyJenW… sorry it took me so long to get to it, and thanks for the tea! I so rarely think of having tea at night, but tonight after taking my inventory I thought I would have some.

Between more tea I discovered at the office in the afternoon, the Verdant Reserve package, and the mostly herbal blends here at home, my final count is 264. Whew!

This immediately smelled Paris-y and lovely. Yum. I might have over-leafed my teapot… I still haven’t figured out the optimal tea amount for this pot. Nevertheless, this tea isn’t bitter, just a little overly perfumy almost. The black tea is definitely decaf, in that there isn’t much flavor to it. But it’s pretty tasty nonetheless, and a nice to have what seems to be a black tea at night.

Kittenna

I long to have as few as 264 teas in my possession… I am currently at more than double that :S

Dinosara

Way to make me feel good about myself (and provide evidence to my boyfriend that I am not so bad) :D

I picked this up over the weekend from the Millerton shop. I had a tin of regular Paris, but I have no idea where it got to. I might have gifted it to a friend or sent it out in swaps. Anyway I picked the decaf version up because I’ve been getting migraines again and this time I know it’s not from the gluten (as I’ve cut it completely). My doc’s suggestion cut back and try a few decaf cups of tea.

Now I’m still allowed my regular tea…but not the 6-8 cups I was having a day. More like 2 cups…but all the decaf I want…fun. This is only a test, I repeat only a test…thankfully. So I picked this up, because I was determined to have GOOD decaf tea! I can tell you I really don’t notice a huge difference at all. The same fruity flavor, the same everything. So it’s easy to forget that it happens to be decaf.

One of my favourite teas ever is the regular (with caffeine) Paris tea which is such a beautiful blend. In the hopes of having this delicious tea without the caffeine, I ordered a tin of decaf Paris for making ample jugs of iced tea. I did have expectations that it would not be as flavourful as the original Paris blend since it has been decaffeinated, but I did not expect such a disappointing difference.
The dry aroma had such a chemical smell and there was no similarity between it (decaf Paris) and Paris at all. I then thought I’d try brewing a cup so see if the taste would be better, and although there was some sort of berryish flavour, I could not even finish it; the taste combined with the aroma was one of the worst things ever. I am sorry to have such a terrible review of this particular tea but I truly am shocked over how awful it was for me.
And then, when I emailed H&S’s to ask if perhaps this was somehow a bad batch or something or if it simply was not to my taste, I received no reply, which is really disappointing.
I really love some of their other teas… just sad about this one.

Janefan

thanks for sharing — now I know to avoid this one!

caile

Yeah – so unexpected…I had such high hopes for it I guess.

Bonjour! Paris, decaf, by Harney & Sons is now on my shopping list after I enjoyed a sample of this delicious tea. It is very flavorful: vanilla, caramel, and citrus are the flavors I taste. Also, there is a special flavor that I don’t often taste when having a cup of decaf tea. The flavor is…tea! I love it!

Janefan

I didn’t know this came in decaf! I love their Vanilla Comoro – H&S seems to know how to do decaf right!

Serenity

I have H&S Vanilla Comoro on my wish list!

Love love love this one! I ordered a sample size pouch of this with my last order from Harney and Sons bc they had sent me a free sample of the regular Paris and I really liked it, so I figured I would try the decaf version bc I’m always on the look out for a good decaf or tisane. I have found that a lot of decaf teas lack flavor though. Not this one!! Tastes almost exactly like the regular Paris! Very flavorful, smooth berries and citrus over black tea, it all flows together really well. Black teas can be hit or miss with me, it seems that sometimes they are harsh (this could be brewing errors on my part though), but this one is perfect!! I added just a tiny bit of half and half and this was a dessert-y dream! I was able to get 2 steeps out of these leaves and enjoyed the sample so much I ordered more as soon as I got home from work. I have a feeling this is going to be one of those “old faithful” teas, like my citrus lavender sage. So happy I discovered this!! And it’s super cheap!!

Strong, rich flavor (particularly for a decaf). The bergamot flavor is a bit too strong for me. I would enjoy more if the caramel and vanilla came through more. All in all, a tea to enjoy (since I have a 4oz tin) but I doubt that I’ll repurchase.

Got this sample from Dr Jim and finally getting to try it out!

Steeped about 2.5 tsp of it in my XL mug just under boiling for about 5 minutes.

I’m not a usual black tea drinker, but this is nice for a black. I like the vanilla tones and it’s not too bitter even with the long steep time. I could see myself drinking this often on the rare times I reach for a black tea. I’m curious to try it caffeinated just to compare.