Kaimosi CTC

Edit tea info Last updated by Ryan Burress

• “So… I really need to look through my reviews before buying tea on impulse. I added this on to some order in the past to make the free shipping level. Just now getting around to opening the...” Read full tasting note
    nburriss 618 tasting notes
  • “The aroma is light and vegetal. The flavor is earthy and smooth, a bit dry but not too much. I’m not overly impressed but I can’t say anything particularly negative about it either. It takes milk...” Read full tasting note
    RyanBurress 41 tasting notes

From Harney & Sons

Located between Lake Victoria and the Great Rift Valley in Kenya, the Kaimosi estate is known for a tradition of great tea. While there, Emeric Harney had to bring back this tea. The tea brews dark and red like the CTC’s of Assam, but since it’s given three times as much time to oxidize, it has less of a bite to it.

www.harney.com

About Harney & Sons View company

So… I really need to look through my reviews before buying tea on impulse. I added this on to some order in the past to make the free shipping level. Just now getting around to opening the tin. Yeah… a whole tin. I can see cold steeping for the whole summer with just this tin to use it up. :)

Anyway, it’s still an fine tea-tea. I still don’t get any special notes from it. I had some without to taste it on it’s own. Then I indulged and used some cream leftover from the last tea party and dumped about a tablespoon into a For Life mug amount of it. It’s really good with cream. Or, I suppose you could say that the cream is really good and adding this tea gives it depth. :)

The aroma is light and vegetal. The flavor is earthy and smooth, a bit dry but not too much. I’m not overly impressed but I can’t say anything particularly negative about it either. It takes milk and sugar well. Overall I think this is a good basic cup of tea.