Kaimosi CTC

Edit tea info Last updated by Ryan Burress

• “Very dark brew. Quick steep, as can be expected from a CTC, I suppose. No notes of anything to my tastebuds other than just basic black tea. Not astringent at all. Probably won't get this...” Read full tasting note
    nburriss 567 tasting notes
  • “The aroma is light and vegetal. The flavor is earthy and smooth, a bit dry but not too much. I’m not overly impressed but I can’t say anything particularly negative about it either. It takes milk...” Read full tasting note
    RyanBurress 41 tasting notes

From Harney & Sons

Located between Lake Victoria and the Great Rift Valley in Kenya, the Kaimosi estate is known for a tradition of great tea. While there, Emeric Harney had to bring back this tea. The tea brews dark and red like the CTC’s of Assam, but since it’s given three times as much time to oxidize, it has less of a bite to it.

www.harney.com

About Harney & Sons View company

Very dark brew. Quick steep, as can be expected from a CTC, I suppose.

Probably won’t get this again. Nothing at all wrong with it. Simply don’t need another good basic black in the pantry.

The aroma is light and vegetal. The flavor is earthy and smooth, a bit dry but not too much. I’m not overly impressed but I can’t say anything particularly negative about it either. It takes milk and sugar well. Overall I think this is a good basic cup of tea.