Pumpkin Spice

Herbal Tea
Cinnamon, Spices, Cloves, Pumpkin, Rooibos
Edit tea info Last updated by Tory

• “I forgot that I had already tried this tea and bought two sachets at Barnes and Noble to make at home. My opinion remains the same. It is one of the more palatable rooibos blends (I am not a...” Read full tasting note
    ashmanra 1858 tasting notes
  • “Had this two nights ago, along with the Bengal Spice. If possible, this is even more thin than the Bengal Spice, and I ended dumping the cup. I'm keeping the last two bags for my daughter, who...” Read full tasting note
    MissB_Tea 1146 tasting notes
  • “I decided to move to caffeine free hot drinks for the rest of the evening. I've had a lot of tea today. :) I do like this one. I wouldn't call it pumpkin, but it's cinnamon and other spices, and...” Read full tasting note
    OMGsrsly 1577 tasting notes
  • “Harney & Sons Blind Date #2. I was fairly unimpressed by the smell. It's just "pumpkin" enough to call it pumpkin and that's about it. As far as the flavor goes, I'm really getting more of the...” Read full tasting note
    Aeoliana 308 tasting notes

From Harney & Sons

An herbal celebration of harvest time. A masterful blend of pumpkin and warming spices. This herbal brews a bright red and is light-bodied.

About Harney & Sons View company

Drowned in milk and sipped without much thought as I was distracted by a lot of preparation for upcoming events (going out of town yet again, Halloween costumes for a party we’re going to yay, fall projects, getting back into the grind next week, etc.). More pumpkin-y in smell than taste, but not bad considering. Find myself wishing it had a black tea base.

EDIT: Until my new fall Butiki order comes in (pumpkin and cider and carrot cake, oh my!) this is my go-to mindless late night jonesing-for-pumpkin thing. It’s much improved overleafed (like, double strength!) then tamped down with some form of creaminess…almond milk, say). Still not the greatest thing, but I do appreciate that you can taste pumpkin, not just warm spices. Cannot wait to try Stacy’s pumpkin flavors, crossing my fingers they’re as uncannily accurate and subtle as so many of her fruit flavored teas.

This tea is decent. I am not a huge fan of rooibos, so that probably has something to do with the average score I gave this tea. I do not really get a pumpkin taste, but there is a fairly pleasant cinnamon taste. This tea is also very sweet. I did not add any sugar, but it almost tastes like I did. I will probably not reorder this tea when I am finished with it, but it is still a nice evening, especially as I get more excited for fall!!

My Twinings Pumpkin Spice Chai is a staple for me during autumn/winter months so I had extremely high hopes for this one since it’s by Harney & Sons and they make a DELICIOUS Earl Grey. So I happily hummed while I brewed this but my happy song died down pretty fast when I tasted it. I barely tasted any pumpkin, the strongest notes in this were the rooibus. Now, I enjoy rooibos, but I didn’t buy PUMPKIN SPICE tea only to sip on rooibos. If you like rooibus, don’t buy this, just buy rooibus. If you like pumpkin teas, definitely don’t buy this because the name is a lie.

This is another tea that smells incredible in the tin and tastes mediocre brewed. The smell is reminiscent of vanilla extract and pumpkin pie spices. The taste is unfortunately too plain for me.

I don’t get any pumpkin flavor, just rooibos and spice. I think I’ll try this with a little milk next time and see if that does anything, but I was really looking forward to a strong pumpkin flavor.

Boiling

So disappointed!! This was my first Harney & sons purchase. It’s very weak. :( I don’t taste the pumpkin at all. It’s more of a flavored water. Super weak and super disappointed!

carol who

Try leafing more. Sometimes it can help bring out the flavor. :)

I’m not in the mood for a narrative, but I haven’t posted a tasting note in a while so… here’s a tasting note. My impressions of this tea seem to differ wildly from those of other reviewers.

The dry leaf smells all pumpkin spicy. The most dominant scent is nutmeg. So. Much. Nutmeg. It’s not bad, just… strong.

Speaking of strong, the scent of clove wafts out of the mug and smacks you in the face about three seconds after the water hits the leaf. By contrast, the flavor is actually quite well balanced. The pumpkin leads, strong but not artificial, followed by cinnamon and clove. Not really getting any nutmeg taste though. The cinnamon lingers long after the sip, along with a hint of sweetness. It’s very similar to the after-taste of HS’s Hot Cinnamon Spice. Not sure how I feel about that. It’s a bit…much.

Overall, the actual sip is nice and well-balanced, but the scent and aftertaste are a bit too strong and one-note for my liking. I’ll just add it to the collection in my office drawer.

Got this one as a birthday gift from the lovely Albertocanfly! She also sent me a small box of Corn Silk Tea (which sounds weird, but is actually super good!), a 2oz bag of the amazing Snowflake from Georgia Tea Co, an adorably small teapot that I really should post a pic of, and a few tea samples.
Tea friends are the sweetest! ^^
Anyway!
This tea.
It’s not that bad. It has a bad rating here on Steepster, but it’s not horrible.
Definitely drinkable.
No sign of pumpkin in this tea, but it’s more of a cinnamon spice tea. Wouldn’t get more of this, but I’ll definitely finish it. Will be nice on the rainy days, I’m sure.
Would be better if I could taste the pumpkin though! If only. :S
Still like the cute tin though. Thank you for the tea, Albertocanfly! :D

Flavors: Cinnamon, Spices

albertocanfly

Rawrs… I got so excited when I found this perfectly fall tea that I didn’t even think to check the reviews on Steepster…>.< So glad that it is at least tolerable…and that you enjoyed you other things!^.^

I do not like the smell of this tea, but the taste is good. A little bit of a pumpkin-y aftertaste. While I was drinking it, I did enjoy it and I must say I do enjoy Rooibos. I agree with some other reviews, that it is like an autumn-y flavored Rooibos. Good for relaxing on a fall night before bed. :) I added a splash of non-fat milk and a little sugar.

Again, it is alright, not my favorite scent and I’m not pumpkin obsessed like everyone else in America (although I keep trying again and again to love it) but it was enjoyable.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Cloves, Pumpkin, Rooibos

Using the term “spice” in the name of this tea is a misnomer. There is not a hint of spice at all. It tastes like a red Roobios tea with no hints of pumpkin or spices.

This tea was such a disappointment. I generally like a lot of the Harney & Sons blends I’ve tried, but this one was just too weak for my liking. When I steep it, I normally have to steep two bags to derive any sort of flavor from it. It’s also quite lacking in the spice department as well, so at best you get a a faint hint of pumpkin and maybe a hint of spice if you’re are lucky. I don’t like to doctor my teas, but I typically add a bit of raw organic honey, pumpkin spice, cinnamon, and nutmeg to this and turn it into more of a latte to make it more palatable. I think for the price, there are better pumpkin spice blends on the market.