Pumpkin Spice

Herbal Tea
Cinnamon
Edit tea info Last updated by Tory

• “I forgot that I had already tried this tea and bought two sachets at Barnes and Noble to make at home. My opinion remains the same. It is one of the more palatable rooibos blends (I am not a...” Read full tasting note
    ashmanra 1768 tasting notes
  • “Had this two nights ago, along with the Bengal Spice. If possible, this is even more thin than the Bengal Spice, and I ended dumping the cup. I'm keeping the last two bags for my daughter, who...” Read full tasting note
    MissB_Tea 932 tasting notes
  • “I decided to move to caffeine free hot drinks for the rest of the evening. I've had a lot of tea today. :) I do like this one. I wouldn't call it pumpkin, but it's cinnamon and other spices, and...” Read full tasting note
    OMGsrsly 1162 tasting notes
  • “Harney & Sons Blind Date #2. I was fairly unimpressed by the smell. It's just "pumpkin" enough to call it pumpkin and that's about it. As far as the flavor goes, I'm really getting more of the...” Read full tasting note
    Aeoliana 288 tasting notes

From Harney & Sons

An herbal celebration of harvest time. A masterful blend of pumpkin and warming spices. This herbal brews a bright red and is light-bodied.

About Harney & Sons View company

Drowned in milk and sipped without much thought as I was distracted by a lot of preparation for upcoming events (going out of town yet again, Halloween costumes for a party we’re going to yay, fall projects, getting back into the grind next week, etc.). More pumpkin-y in smell than taste, but not bad considering. Find myself wishing it had a black tea base.

EDIT: Until my new fall Butiki order comes in (pumpkin and cider and carrot cake, oh my!) this is my go-to mindless late night jonesing-for-pumpkin thing. It’s much improved overleafed (like, double strength!) then tamped down with some form of creaminess…almond milk, say). Still not the greatest thing, but I do appreciate that you can taste pumpkin, not just warm spices. Cannot wait to try Stacy’s pumpkin flavors, crossing my fingers they’re as uncannily accurate and subtle as so many of her fruit flavored teas.

This tea is decent. I am not a huge fan of rooibos, so that probably has something to do with the average score I gave this tea. I do not really get a pumpkin taste, but there is a fairly pleasant cinnamon taste. This tea is also very sweet. I did not add any sugar, but it almost tastes like I did. I will probably not reorder this tea when I am finished with it, but it is still a nice evening, especially as I get more excited for fall!!

My Twinings Pumpkin Spice Chai is a staple for me during autumn/winter months so I had extremely high hopes for this one since it’s by Harney & Sons and they make a DELICIOUS Earl Grey. So I happily hummed while I brewed this but my happy song died down pretty fast when I tasted it. I barely tasted any pumpkin, the strongest notes in this were the rooibus. Now, I enjoy rooibos, but I didn’t buy PUMPKIN SPICE tea only to sip on rooibos. If you like rooibus, don’t buy this, just buy rooibus. If you like pumpkin teas, definitely don’t buy this because the name is a lie.

This is another tea that smells incredible in the tin and tastes mediocre brewed. The smell is reminiscent of vanilla extract and pumpkin pie spices. The taste is unfortunately too plain for me.

I don’t get any pumpkin flavor, just rooibos and spice. I think I’ll try this with a little milk next time and see if that does anything, but I was really looking forward to a strong pumpkin flavor.

Boiling

I just got come from one of those wine and painting events (so fun!). I’m not very skilled, so I claim to be an impressionist ;). Not that impressionists are not skilled! I just can’t replicate the example in perfect detail. Anyway, I have to be at work at 7am tomorrow, but I have time for tea, right? Right. I’m extremely limited in my selection of caffeine-free teas and I accidentally bought this when I was in a hurry, not noticing it was a rooisbos. It’s not unpalatable, which is saying something since I hate rooisbos. It mainly tastes like cinnamon. I guess I’d drink it if I was desperate. I need suggestions for caffeine-free teas please!

Flavors: Cinnamon

Caffeine-Free/Decaf Traveling Tea Box

Now this is more like it! It’s no surprise that I like cinnamon teas and while this one isn’t just cinnamon, it certainly delivers. Also, it may be my mind playing tricks on me, but I am getting pumpkin and all those warm cozy scents associated with pumpkin pie. Yum.

1 sachet + 12oz mug plus sweetener

I think I may retain the rest of these.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 12 OZ / 354 ML
Cheri

I love fall just for all the pumpkin flavored everything. I don’t know why, but I find it comforting and homey.

The smell is innocuous enough, but it doesn’t quite smell like pumpkin. It smells like a mixture of spices and chemicals which I couldn’t pin down.

The taste… as vulgar as it sounds, the best word I can think to use is “vomit.” That’s what it tasted like to me.

I’m a fan of pumpkin-flavored things, but to me, this didn’t taste anything like pumpkin.

my crack. drink with soymilk and sugar for best experience.

Unlike others, I really enjoy this tea! It is much better than just rooibos; with a little cream, is quite delightful.