Black Fruit Blend
Apricot
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From Harney & Sons

This is a very elegant tea with the “warm”, almost nutty flavor of Apricot predominating.

About Harney & Sons View company

The inaugural brew in my new 20oz Stainless Steel travel Tea Pot!
I am SO excited. Not only did I get this, I also got a $50 dollar gift card to Harney and Sons to buy a Loose leaf teapot and of course more loose leaf tea!
It was a wonderful Christmas morning. HAPPY HAPPY TO ALL OF YOU!

ashmanra

Joy! Joy! I have the Beehouse teapot, the Stump pot, and bought the Curve ForLife (I think that’s it) teapot for a friend and love them all! The Beehouse is nice and you can remove the metal lid if you want to reheat in the microwave, which you can’t do with the stump pot, but I love how the Stump pots stack! They can’t go in the micro though. The Curve pot is nice because the lid has a silicone gasket that keeps the lid from falling off as you pour and tilt it far. Which teapot are you thinking of getting?

Doodleology

i got this for xmas http://www.mightyleaf.com/teaware_travel/brewer-travel-teapot/ I LOVE IT SO FAR
but I was thinking of getting the Curve 24 oz Teapot with the infuser. probably in grey. :) Thanks for the tips though!

ashmanra

Wow, that looks really high tech! Very cool pot. I bought the Curve 24 ounce pot for a friend. She wanted red because she has red accents in her kitchen. I don’t have one yet, but I plan for that to be my next teapot purchase. I don’t know what color I will get yet.

Very nicely flavored. Good scent. I’m not a huge fan of apricot – I was trying it before giving it to my Mom. A good, honest basic black for the base and an unadorned apricot for the added flavor. I’ve found it somewhat difficult to find an apricot black without other spices like ginger added. This is a good choice.

My first Harney & Sons! Big hopes because it smells delightful! It makes a reddish brown cloudy brew with a slight oil film on top. The apricot flavor isn’t very strong but the base is nice so I don’t really mind. Pretty enjoyable cup.
EDIT: I really need to quit judging teas before they’ve appropriately cooled so that I may get a better feel for their flavors. The apricot comes through more than I thought and that black base is probably the nicest flavored I’ve had yet. I’m very pleased with H&S. Can’t wait to try some more!

Flavors: Apricot

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML

Another sample from Harney to try this morning. Oh, the life! Steeped for a full 4 minutes with boiling water.

This is a pretty nice flavored tea from H & S. I am not sure what base they are using here as the black tea but it is very smooth and rich. Definitely smells and tastes apricot-y without being artificial or overpowering. The flavor seems to open up a bit more for me after adding soymilk. Creamy apricot, definitely very nice.

Although I enjoyed drinking this tea very much I’m not sure I will need to buy a larger size of it in the future. It is pretty yummy though. It would most likely grow on me if I were to drink more of it. You should check this out if you’re into apricot and peach flavors.

Nicole

I’ll have to try with a bit of milk. I like it cold quite a bit.

I really wasn’t sure what to expect with this tea but when I opened my cute little sample bag it exploded with juicy aromas. The flavor is light and fruity with a malty black tea base. Overall I liked it but I wasn’t impressed with it.

I just can’t make up my mind about this one. On one hand, it is a decently flavoured apricot flavoured black tea. On the other hand, I’m not entirely sure this flavour actually works with a black tea base. Overall I found the experience confusing and unsettling…

A decent Apricot. It was more nutty than fruit hot I felt, but I set some aside to cool after reading reviews and I’m sure glad I did. The apricot flavor comes out a lot more cold. I would imagine this would be lovely as an iced tea.

This is another sample from the swap with Zack. Thank you!

I wasn’t expecting much out of this one, but this is why I keep trying teas. You find little gems you would have never thought you would have liked. When I opened the pouch the smell to me was very off putting, but when steeped this turned into a really good cup and I could see this being the perfect iced tea in the summer. It has a good black base mixed with a great flavor of apricot. In my cup the scent from the bag is not overpowering the drink, but blends well with the base to create a true to apricot flavor that is just perfect.

From the Round 3 Here’s Hoping TTB

Simple and good. The flavor is spot on apricot with a nice medium body black tea that has a slight biscuit note. I drank half of my cup unsweetened and then added sugar and cream to my cup. I enjoyed this tea both ways, and I’m thinking I’d love having this in cupboard as an afternoon tea.

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I don’t really know what to think of this tea. I am a big fan of Harney & Sons and until now have not found a tea I didn’t like from them. I guess there always has to be one.

The smell of this absolutely socked me in the face the first time I opened it and I was not a fan of the smell. I didn’t even try it for a good month after we got it (my fiancé is the one who actually picked this one out). I finally got around to trying it this morning and I was pleasantly surprised by the scent once it steeped. It was much more pleasant and smelled like something I actually wanted to drink.

I grappled with how to even describe what it tasted like to me. The initial flavor I got was decidedly black tea and then it sort of moved on to what (and I really hesitate to call it this, but) tasted chemically. The finish was pure apricot to me and was a nice flavor to be left with, but in the end I actually poured out the last third of this cup.

I will let the fiancé finish this one, or pass it on to someone who will appreciate it more than me, as it does seem to get pretty high reviews from most people. Just not a tea for me.

Boiling 6 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML