Black Fruit Blend
Apricot, Butterscotch
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From Harney & Sons

This is a very elegant tea with the “warm”, almost nutty flavor of Apricot predominating.

About Harney & Sons View company

The inaugural brew in my new 20oz Stainless Steel travel Tea Pot!
I am SO excited. Not only did I get this, I also got a $50 dollar gift card to Harney and Sons to buy a Loose leaf teapot and of course more loose leaf tea!
It was a wonderful Christmas morning. HAPPY HAPPY TO ALL OF YOU!

ashmanra

Joy! Joy! I have the Beehouse teapot, the Stump pot, and bought the Curve ForLife (I think that’s it) teapot for a friend and love them all! The Beehouse is nice and you can remove the metal lid if you want to reheat in the microwave, which you can’t do with the stump pot, but I love how the Stump pots stack! They can’t go in the micro though. The Curve pot is nice because the lid has a silicone gasket that keeps the lid from falling off as you pour and tilt it far. Which teapot are you thinking of getting?

Doodleology

i got this for xmas http://www.mightyleaf.com/teaware_travel/brewer-travel-teapot/ I LOVE IT SO FAR
but I was thinking of getting the Curve 24 oz Teapot with the infuser. probably in grey. :) Thanks for the tips though!

ashmanra

Wow, that looks really high tech! Very cool pot. I bought the Curve 24 ounce pot for a friend. She wanted red because she has red accents in her kitchen. I don’t have one yet, but I plan for that to be my next teapot purchase. I don’t know what color I will get yet.

Very nicely flavored. Good scent. I’m not a huge fan of apricot – I was trying it before giving it to my Mom. A good, honest basic black for the base and an unadorned apricot for the added flavor. I’ve found it somewhat difficult to find an apricot black without other spices like ginger added. This is a good choice.

My first Harney & Sons! Big hopes because it smells delightful! It makes a reddish brown cloudy brew with a slight oil film on top. The apricot flavor isn’t very strong but the base is nice so I don’t really mind. Pretty enjoyable cup.
EDIT: I really need to quit judging teas before they’ve appropriately cooled so that I may get a better feel for their flavors. The apricot comes through more than I thought and that black base is probably the nicest flavored I’ve had yet. I’m very pleased with H&S. Can’t wait to try some more!

Flavors: Apricot

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML

Another sample from Harney to try this morning. Oh, the life! Steeped for a full 4 minutes with boiling water.

This is a pretty nice flavored tea from H & S. I am not sure what base they are using here as the black tea but it is very smooth and rich. Definitely smells and tastes apricot-y without being artificial or overpowering. The flavor seems to open up a bit more for me after adding soymilk. Creamy apricot, definitely very nice.

Although I enjoyed drinking this tea very much I’m not sure I will need to buy a larger size of it in the future. It is pretty yummy though. It would most likely grow on me if I were to drink more of it. You should check this out if you’re into apricot and peach flavors.

Nicole

I’ll have to try with a bit of milk. I like it cold quite a bit.

I really wasn’t sure what to expect with this tea but when I opened my cute little sample bag it exploded with juicy aromas. The flavor is light and fruity with a malty black tea base. Overall I liked it but I wasn’t impressed with it.

I just can’t make up my mind about this one. On one hand, it is a decently flavoured apricot flavoured black tea. On the other hand, I’m not entirely sure this flavour actually works with a black tea base. Overall I found the experience confusing and unsettling…

A decent Apricot. It was more nutty than fruit hot I felt, but I set some aside to cool after reading reviews and I’m sure glad I did. The apricot flavor comes out a lot more cold. I would imagine this would be lovely as an iced tea.

I bought a sample of this tea to give it a try. It smelled like butterscotch, with a hint of a fruit. However, once you add the water, the apricot aroma comes out of the tea a little more. The tea is like a dessert tea, though. It’s sweet, fruity, and does have a butterscotch-esq flavor.

I asked my students to give it a whiff, and one student said, “It smells like candy.” I agree. It’s is a nice tea to have when cutting out sweets, and overall good to have with or without sugar. However, mine was without.

(Side Note: I might purchase some more for my wife. She likes flavored teas more than I do, and this would be nice for her to have in the mornings.)

Flavors: Apricot, Butterscotch

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

Straight up, I didn’t like this tea. The aroma was there, the colour was there, but the taste wasn’t. It kinda just fell flat. I added a drop of almond milk in it, and what a difference it made. The milk brought out the apricot flavour in the tea, and I actually ended up LOVING this tea so much! It’s fruity, but not too fruity. It falls just before the point where flavoured black teas start tasting artificial, and that is what makes a great tea. Balance. I haven’t tried this cold yet, but I can imagine already that it would be wonderful iced.

Nicole

Hm. I haven’t tried this with almond milk. I do love it cold, though.

Three cheers for the sample pouches from Harney and Sons! I love that I can cheaply add a few very good sized samples of a tea I haven’t tried yet, and I’m mad for the sensible packaging. A resealable sample pouch? Count me in. Especially when the samples are generous enough for a few cups.
I’ve heard good things about this one, so was very eager to get my hands on it.
I’m enjoying this. Its a subtle fruity flavor, with a lovely aroma. I imagine this would be spectacular on a cool spring morning.
Its enjoyable now, too. I’m glad I have more to play around with.

ashmanra

I finally bought this one about a month ago. I love it!