Black Fruit Blend
Apricot
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From Harney & Sons

This is a very elegant tea with the “warm”, almost nutty flavor of Apricot predominating.

About Harney & Sons View company

I don’t really know what to think of this tea. I am a big fan of Harney & Sons and until now have not found a tea I didn’t like from them. I guess there always has to be one.

The smell of this absolutely socked me in the face the first time I opened it and I was not a fan of the smell. I didn’t even try it for a good month after we got it (my fiancé is the one who actually picked this one out). I finally got around to trying it this morning and I was pleasantly surprised by the scent once it steeped. It was much more pleasant and smelled like something I actually wanted to drink.

I grappled with how to even describe what it tasted like to me. The initial flavor I got was decidedly black tea and then it sort of moved on to what (and I really hesitate to call it this, but) tasted chemically. The finish was pure apricot to me and was a nice flavor to be left with, but in the end I actually poured out the last third of this cup.

I will let the fiancé finish this one, or pass it on to someone who will appreciate it more than me, as it does seem to get pretty high reviews from most people. Just not a tea for me.

Boiling 6 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

We also enjoyed a pot of this tea yesterday. I usually find teas that are supposed to taste like apricot mostly taste like peach to me. This one does not disappoint. It has a “warm” fruity flavor, with a nutty-ness that definitely reminds me of apricot. Nicely done. Wouldn’t scoff at another cup of this.

Sweet, nutty, and tastes of apricot. It is enjoyable hot or iced.

Delicious.

There isn’t much else to say. It’s great hot or cold. It is difficult to oversteep and holds up well to multiple brews.

It fast became my favorite tea in my cupboard. Don’t waste any more time any go order some and see for yourself!

I’m not as much of a fan of this when it’s bagged. I can do the same steps and use the same water with the loose version, and it comes out fine. The bags always seem to taste faintly of trees.