Winter White Earl Grey

Bergamot, White Tea
Bergamot
Sachet
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

• “*The Final Sipdown: Day 3.3* After a rough and tumble couple of teas, I decided to treat myself to something I knew would my tastebuds would enjoy. As an added bonus, I get to remove this from my...” Read full tasting note
    takgoti 260 tasting notes
  • “I re-steeped and the bergamot was just a light, citrus-y note hanging out in the background. I've got maybe a cup's worth of this tea left, but I'm definitely putting it on my Shopping List to get...” Read full tasting note
    JillDragon 1573 tasting notes
  • “A lovely light tea with a sweet scent. Liquor is quite dark for a white tea. The Earl Grey flavoring is well balanced with the Silver Needle. Thus far I've found that all of Harney's white...” Read full tasting note
    Starfish 86 tasting notes
  • “Second tea of the morning...... I have plans for this one if I like it. I only bought 2 ounces of loose from the Millerton Shop to be sure I would like it. I am a little confused why a tin of...” Read full tasting note
    SimplyJenW 972 tasting notes

From Harney & Sons

A new tea that combines beautiful Chinese Mutan White tea with lemony natural Bergamot.

About Harney & Sons View company

I wanted a nice light flavored tea this morning. Winter White Early Grey is that tea for me.

My morning is going much better now. :)

Since I woke up so early I decided what else to do than make some fluffy chocolate chip pancakes. This was my morning cuppa.
And I have to say it’s much nicer than I expected it would be! My first white earl grey. I usually always have to add a lot of milk or cream to traditional black earl greys to love them, but you can’t do that with white tea, so I was wondering if I’d like the taste without any additions.
Surprisingly yes! Very much so! So interesting to taste earl grey flavors in a white tea. Much less harsh, but still a good punch of bergamot in the face.
I added a bit of honey and that tasted lovely, and then I did something unthinkable and added a spoon of coconut milk… yes. Milk. To white tea.
And it actually just added a creamy note, and the flavors still held up quite nicely. Cool! Makes me want to find a White Earl Grey De La Creme!

Drinking this unseasonal tea gives me a deep understanding of the lives of people in the sparsely populated Southern hemisphere.

I really wanted to like this. I had a cup of White Earl Grey at Teavana that I loved and since I try not to buy from them, I gave Harney’s version a shot. I don’t dislike it. It’s just…there is this odd medicinal taste to it. I can’t put my finger on it but I get a strong flavor that reminds me of a hospital and I can’t figure it out.

My father picked up a tin of this for me when he stumbled upon their store in Soho. Not knowing much about tea, or having much to go on (time or info-wise), he got me this and the Darjeeling. I was much more excited, originally, to try the Darjeeling, but it ended up being this one that stole my heart. My history and opinion of Earl Greys is somewhat complicated, but this one definitely won me over. The aroma is a strong bergamot punch in the face, at first, but then dissolves into the subtle layers of the white tea florals.
The color is light, and the flavor crisp and mild simultaneously. It’s very delicious, and perfect for the many evenings I spent snuggled-up and sipping its warm contents while a blizzard and howling winds raged outside.

A lovely, twisted Earl Grey—Light citrus notes; smooth nutty flavor with an almost peppery finish. I was concerned that the bergamot would overshadow the subtle flavor of the white tea, but this was a very pleasant surprise.

The brewing instructions were very vague and I had to play around a bit with brewing time to get something I liked. This tea, as per its decription, is really lovely. The bergamot is very light, perfect for when you want an earl grey with less oomph

I am a glutton for punishment, I guess. I’ve tried a few white teas before and unless they’re laden with blueberry or peach flavors, I generally don’t like them, but this one had such tempting reviews, so I went for it.

It tastes like weeds.

Not as good as Earl Grey Supreme, but it comes close. I do very much enjoy this one. It smells wonderful, it tastes wonderful. I could drink it all day. Sometimes I do!

This is my husbands favorite tea, so I thought I’f try it. Not bad, though I am not usually an Earl Grey fan. Pleasant citrus flavor, nice light tea. Plus, I LOVE the tin it comes in.