Winter White Earl Grey

Bergamot, White Tea
Bergamot, Tea, Citrusy
Sachet
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

• “*The Final Sipdown: Day 3.3* After a rough and tumble couple of teas, I decided to treat myself to something I knew would my tastebuds would enjoy. As an added bonus, I get to remove this from my...” Read full tasting note
    takgoti 260 tasting notes
  • “I re-steeped and the bergamot was just a light, citrus-y note hanging out in the background. I've got maybe a cup's worth of this tea left, but I'm definitely putting it on my Shopping List to get...” Read full tasting note
    JillDragon 1630 tasting notes
  • “A lovely light tea with a sweet scent. Liquor is quite dark for a white tea. The Earl Grey flavoring is well balanced with the Silver Needle. Thus far I've found that all of Harney's white...” Read full tasting note
    Starfish 95 tasting notes
  • “Second tea of the morning...... I have plans for this one if I like it. I only bought 2 ounces of loose from the Millerton Shop to be sure I would like it. I am a little confused why a tin of...” Read full tasting note
    SimplyJenW 974 tasting notes

From Harney & Sons

A new tea that combines beautiful Chinese Mutan White tea with lemony natural Bergamot.

About Harney & Sons View company

Overboard Traveling tea box

I’m up drinking caffeinated tea, but only because I chose to go out late and also drink a Diet Coke, so what’s more caffeine going to do what hasn’t already been done? Also, I made the mistake of going to Kmart and trying to use their e-coupons. It’s a great idea, but never works… anyway, right – this tea.

It was freezing when I came inside so I figured I should make myself a cup. Unsweetened, it’s light, a little bit floral and citrusy, though I’m not detecting anything buttery about it; its mild. I tend to like my earl grey with a bit of vanilla. Ok, a lot of vanilla, like I added cream but don’t want to clog my arteries. I’m sure my palette isn’t refined enough to appreciate the finer nuances of tea, but creamsicle tea is pretty awesome. I added sweetener, which made it a sweet citrus tea. Tasty, certainly not horrible, but I’d reach for my Argo Earl Grey Cream over this, even if this is easier and bagged and white.

1 sachet in 12 oz of water.

175 °F / 79 °C 3 min, 0 sec 12 OZ / 354 ML

I don’t really drink much Earl Grey, so I don’t really have much of a comparison for this, but I do like it. It’s light and citrusy, and very pleasant overall. I feel like it would go very well with some milk. In fact, I think I’ll add some before I finish the cup… Yeah, that’s exactly what it needed to round out the flavor. I may have to start drinking more Earl Grey in the future.

Flavors: Bergamot, Tea

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I’ve gone through some ups and downs with this one—from really enjoying it at first taste, to falling dramatically out of love with it, to liking it again. And all over the course of one tagalong container, which is only 5 sachets! It is a tea that is easy to make astringent if the water is too hot, and there’s a bite from the bergamot or other flavoring that is almost peppery at times. But with more careful treatment this is still a light, enjoyable blend, and also takes a little bit of sugar nicely.

Miss Starfish

I found this one rather finicky as well. Enjoyable though :)

Mikumofu

I have one sachet left so I’m hoping it will behave!

Miss Starfish

Fingers crossed! Haha, moody little thing.

Thank you The Cookie Lady!
I love the H&S teas. Rarely am I disappointed. This is one of the few tea companies that make sachets that I like. They really seem like loose-leaf.

Dry has a light bergamot scent. I am not a white tea drinker in general so I certainly can’t pick out specific white tea flavors.

Brewed I am enjoying the gentle white tea blended with the bergamot.It’s not a strong bergamot. I love bergamot and Double Bergamot tea is a favorite. However, this lighter level of bergamot works well in this tea. This is a relaxing light tea that would be enjoyable while sitting reading or watching a favorite TV show.

Flavors: Bergamot, Citrusy

Love this so much! What a delicious Earl Grey. Right up my alley. But, forget about the winter part because this will be greatly enjoyed year round.

Flavors: Bergamot

Very bitter if over steeped. Three minutes, for me, is too long. Not as good as the black Earl Grey. White doesn’t seem to stand up against the Bergamont like the black teas can.

I bought this for my better half and he is addicted. He is a no-nonsense, no flowers, no candies kind of tea-lover and this is his new favorite.

This is my go-to White Earl Grey. I just learned white tea really isn’t lower in caffiene. In any case, its a delightful tea.

I typically stick to flavored blacks, but this is a divine white tea take on earl grey! I’m on my second tin of sachets and know it will always be a regular menu item in my tea cupboard :)

I didn’t think this tea tasted like much – hot water with a faint herbal tinge. But I’m not a huge white tea fan (I keep trying!) I don’t think it was much of an Earl, but it might appeal to those who don’t want to be punched by the bergmot (I do, so this is not for me!)