Bangkok Blend

Fruit Green Herbal Blend
Coconut, Grass, Vanilla
Edit tea info Last updated by ScottTeaMan

• “I've found that you can make the most delicious cocktail ever with this. Iced Bangkok + pineapple juice + guava paste + dulce de leche + rum The guava and dulce need to be room temp so you...” Read full tasting note
    Alphakitty 470 tasting notes
  • “Another sample from *Alphakitty*! This is definitely an interesting blend! I’m drinking it cool because I got distracted by a few things after it was brewed, so I will still need to try it hot...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2221 tasting notes
  • “This tea is amazing, as per usual :) Hence why I chose it as the first tea to ever grace my new Timolino with it's presence! FYI: This is really more of an update on my day and recent Timolino...” Read full tasting note
    Courtney 569 tasting notes
  • “Thank you for sending me this sachet, *Ian*! I'm having it hot first, and the sachet is now cold steeping in the fridge. I am trying that whole cool off with hot tea thing since I've not felt...” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1195 tasting notes

From Harney & Sons

The rich flavors of Thailand are the inspiration for this tasty blend. It is a combination of green tea, lemongrass, coconut and ginger.

About Harney & Sons View company

This is my go-to tea when I’m looking for something light. Or when I’m lazy, as I have it in bag version.
Everything I love about tea is in its description: “coconut, vanilla, ginger, and lemongrass.” And why wouldn’t I love this? The ginger is almost not there, which I’m totally okay with, as I’m not a fan. But it blends together so nicely that nothing sticks out, and I’m left with something refreshing to battle my Monday morning.
I’m almost out of my stash, surprisingly, and I do believe I’ll be replenishing this one.

I loved the description for this tea and thought I would love it as I’m a big lemongrass and Thai food fan. Unfortunately, this hits a bit too close to actual Thai food tastes – it was like sipping green curry. It has a very fatty, buttery taste which, combined with the coconut, tastes like coconut milk.

A cold, dreary day—but the aroma of this tea made me feel much better—coconut, ginger and a bit of the lemongrass. The steeped tea’s aroma was much milder, but I could taste the coconut with a kick of ginger. An interesting combination that I’ll look forward to again.

A very light aromatic tea. It doesn’t taste as robust as it smells, leading to a lot of confusion to those new to the flavor.

My new shipment is even a little bit better than the tin that took me about a year to go through

Well, I can see where this tea got its name. It smells exactly like coconut curry, which is a bit off-putting. The taste is almost totally dominated by lemongrass with maybe a hint of coconut at the end? Or maybe that’s just a placebo effect because I knew it was supposed to have coconut in it. My neighbor raved about this and gave me a sachet to try but my feelings are just meh about this. It tastes like Aveda smells.
UPDATE: 4 sips in and I hate it more with every sip. Definitely not finishing it.

darby

Welcome to Steepster! Nice to see another MN join

mj1851

Thanks darby! I’ve enjoyed reading some of your reviews and my wish list has expanded accordingly :-)

I swear I have reviewed this tea, but Steepster is saying I haven’t. I don’t even know.
Anyway, I was writing this to add to my previous review – which I can’t find and might re-do, I guess.

I just wanted to add that this is delicious iced, sweetened, and with milk. The creaminess the milk adds goes really well with the coconut flavor. It reminds me of bubble tea, but without the tapioca pearls. Delicious!

However, I recommend drinking it this way out of an opaque cup. It looks… foul. It’s off-white, faintly yellowish, and cloudy. It looks like… something I’m not gonna name. ANYWAY.

Flavors: Coconut

Iced 3 min, 30 sec
sherapop

Tabby: you may have reviewed Green Tea with Thai Flavors, which is the same blend, expect maybe not organic. I had the same “déjà bu” experience upon brewing up a sachet of this yummy tea! ;-)

Tabby

I thought you were right, but there’s no review from me there, either! I might just be going crazy. But I know I’ve had and loved this tea before!

Harney and Sons came in today :)! I’ve never a found a Harney and Sons store, but the Barnes and Noble cafe serves a limited selection of their tea in sachet form, and Bangkok is the cup I’ve had from them over and over. I think it would be the perfect tea to serve with Thai food (coconut, ginger, lemongrass) but it’s also wonderful all on its own.

Now that I’ve got a tin of this and am drinking it loose leaf style (and at a better water temperature. I’m pretty sure B&N makes all their tea with boiling water straight from the coffee machine) I’m noticing some differences in the flavor. Before ginger was the strongest flavor, with lemongrass present but noticeably in second place. I never even knew there was coconut in it till today. Now all the flavors are on a more even footing, with coconut ever so slightly in the lead. It was always good, but it’s better this way!

Flavors: Coconut

Sipdown!! (122)

Thank you Courtney for sharing this with me! I know it is one of your favorites so I was very excited to try this out and I can definitely see why you like it. It is quite tropical and delicious. Sweet coconut and vanilla with a great hint of ginger to round everything out. Plus, I am getting grassy notes from the base that are actually making the taste better as opposed to worse.

I don’t know if I would stock up on this but I certainly would not turn down another cup. And I have 24 oz to enjoy right now that I am happily sipping away at while I watch Bones.

Flavors: Coconut, Grass, Vanilla

Courtney

Yay! I’m so happy you enjoyed this one.

VariaTEA

It was the first one I went for when I opened the package. I would never have given it a second glance if you hadn’t mentioned it in one of our convos. Thanks again for the chance to try it :)

I got a free sample of this with my last Harney & Sons order. It smells much sweeter dry than it is brewed, and it’s much mellower than I was expecting from the description, but it’s pleasant.

I mostly taste coconut and green tea, and the lemongrass gives it a slightly grassy, almost savory aftertaste. I don’t get any ginger from it at all. It’s an interesting one to try, but I’m not sure I would buy it. I’d like the flavors to be a little bolder, or for something else to be added to it to round it out better.