Bangkok Blend

Lemon, Lemongrass, Coconut, Ginger, Grass, Vanilla
Edit tea info Last updated by Tabby

2 Images

From Harney & Sons

The rich flavors of Thailand are the inspiration for this tasty blend. It is a combination of green tea, lemongrass, coconut and ginger.

About Harney & Sons View company

This is my go-to tea when I’m looking for something light. Or when I’m lazy, as I have it in bag version.
Everything I love about tea is in its description: “coconut, vanilla, ginger, and lemongrass.” And why wouldn’t I love this? The ginger is almost not there, which I’m totally okay with, as I’m not a fan. But it blends together so nicely that nothing sticks out, and I’m left with something refreshing to battle my Monday morning.
I’m almost out of my stash, surprisingly, and I do believe I’ll be replenishing this one.

I loved the description for this tea and thought I would love it as I’m a big lemongrass and Thai food fan. Unfortunately, this hits a bit too close to actual Thai food tastes – it was like sipping green curry. It has a very fatty, buttery taste which, combined with the coconut, tastes like coconut milk.

A cold, dreary day—but the aroma of this tea made me feel much better—coconut, ginger and a bit of the lemongrass. The steeped tea’s aroma was much milder, but I could taste the coconut with a kick of ginger. An interesting combination that I’ll look forward to again.

A very light aromatic tea. It doesn’t taste as robust as it smells, leading to a lot of confusion to those new to the flavor.

My new shipment is even a little bit better than the tin that took me about a year to go through

Thanks, TeaNTeas! This was a nice green tea, but a little heavy on the lemongrass. A good tea to wake up with this morning!

Flavors: Lemon, Lemongrass

Sample cube 16/18

I ended up enjoying this much more than the typical fruit/herbal-heavy tea blend, for a very simple reason: all of the ingredients promised by the description could actually be tasted in the brew, and got along well with each other. The coconut here is lovely, very soft and more reminiscent of coconut milk than the stronger flavor of dried coconut pieces, if that makes any sense. The ginger adds a warm, sugary spice that’s far enough in the background to not overwhelm, and the lemongrass brightens everything a bit. The green tea itself is very light and smooth. Overall it’s rather like coconut curry soup, but much lighter and quite refreshing as an iced tea.

Almost done with these samples. Then I’ll be back to a regimen of trying to finish things in my cupboard…

The lemon grass really elevates the tea: big lemon nose, and the lemon is strong in the taste, though the green tea comes through underneath, with subtle hints of something else, though I can’t really detect discrete coconut or ginger flavors. The overall effect is light and refreshing; I use it as a pallate-cleanser when I want to get away from the tannic black teas I tend to drink

An unexpected, yet delightful blend. I`ll be buying this.

Aroma: Coconut, lemongrass
Liquor Color: Pale green
Liquor Flavor: Coconut, lemongrass, cream, light ginger
Notes: I can’t say I was a fan, I guess I don’t like the flavors enough on their own. It was smooth, and creamy and the flavors did blend together well. I did taste a strong vanilla flavor. I think that’s what put me off. My friend really liked it.