Bangkok Blend

Fruit Green Herbal Blend
Coconut, Lemongrass, Ginger, Grass, Vanilla
Edit tea info Last updated by Tabby

2 Images

• “I've found that you can make the most delicious cocktail ever with this. Iced Bangkok + pineapple juice + guava paste + dulce de leche + rum The guava and dulce need to be room temp so you...” Read full tasting note
    Alphakitty 470 tasting notes
  • “Another sample from *Alphakitty*! This is definitely an interesting blend! I’m drinking it cool because I got distracted by a few things after it was brewed, so I will still need to try it hot...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2244 tasting notes
  • “My stomach is a bit upset, and I want to be able to gorge myself on turkey in a few hours, so I thought this would be a good choice to calm my stomach. I don't drink this one very often, so as...” Read full tasting note
    Courtney 678 tasting notes
  • “Thank you for sending me this sachet, *Ian*! I'm having it hot first, and the sachet is now cold steeping in the fridge. I am trying that whole cool off with hot tea thing since I've not felt...” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1196 tasting notes

From Harney & Sons

The rich flavors of Thailand are the inspiration for this tasty blend. It is a combination of green tea, lemongrass, coconut and ginger.

About Harney & Sons View company

Well, I can see where this tea got its name. It smells exactly like coconut curry, which is a bit off-putting. The taste is almost totally dominated by lemongrass with maybe a hint of coconut at the end? Or maybe that’s just a placebo effect because I knew it was supposed to have coconut in it. My neighbor raved about this and gave me a sachet to try but my feelings are just meh about this. It tastes like Aveda smells.
UPDATE: 4 sips in and I hate it more with every sip. Definitely not finishing it.

darby

Welcome to Steepster! Nice to see another MN join

mj

Thanks darby! I’ve enjoyed reading some of your reviews and my wish list has expanded accordingly :-)

I swear I have reviewed this tea, but Steepster is saying I haven’t. I don’t even know.
Anyway, I was writing this to add to my previous review – which I can’t find and might re-do, I guess.

I just wanted to add that this is delicious iced, sweetened, and with milk. The creaminess the milk adds goes really well with the coconut flavor. It reminds me of bubble tea, but without the tapioca pearls. Delicious!

However, I recommend drinking it this way out of an opaque cup. It looks… foul. It’s off-white, faintly yellowish, and cloudy. It looks like… something I’m not gonna name. ANYWAY.

Flavors: Coconut, Lemongrass

Iced 3 min, 30 sec
sherapop

Tabby: you may have reviewed Green Tea with Thai Flavors, which is the same blend, expect maybe not organic. I had the same “déjà bu” experience upon brewing up a sachet of this yummy tea! ;-)

Tabby

I thought you were right, but there’s no review from me there, either! I might just be going crazy. But I know I’ve had and loved this tea before!

Finally settling down with this and a big bowl of popcorn to write the artist notes I’ve been trying to get my head around all morning. This is my #1 stand-by tea. It’s cheap and excellent. While it’s notably more balanced when you steep it correctly, I’ve never been able to truly ruin it, a sterling testament to the tea’s fortitude, as I excel at oversteeping and all other kitchen-related disasters.

Flavors: Coconut, Ginger, Lemongrass

Sipdown!! (122)

Thank you Courtney for sharing this with me! I know it is one of your favorites so I was very excited to try this out and I can definitely see why you like it. It is quite tropical and delicious. Sweet coconut and vanilla with a great hint of ginger to round everything out. Plus, I am getting grassy notes from the base that are actually making the taste better as opposed to worse.

I don’t know if I would stock up on this but I certainly would not turn down another cup. And I have 24 oz to enjoy right now that I am happily sipping away at while I watch Bones.

Flavors: Coconut, Grass, Vanilla

Courtney

Yay! I’m so happy you enjoyed this one.

VariaTEA

It was the first one I went for when I opened the package. I would never have given it a second glance if you hadn’t mentioned it in one of our convos. Thanks again for the chance to try it :)

I got a free sample of this with my last Harney & Sons order. It smells much sweeter dry than it is brewed, and it’s much mellower than I was expecting from the description, but it’s pleasant.

I mostly taste coconut and green tea, and the lemongrass gives it a slightly grassy, almost savory aftertaste. I don’t get any ginger from it at all. It’s an interesting one to try, but I’m not sure I would buy it. I’d like the flavors to be a little bolder, or for something else to be added to it to round it out better.

So I’ve been on a bit of a quest. I get free coffee/tea at work and have been enjoying Tazo Green Ginger teabags. Thought I would try to find a higher quality loose leaf for home use. Since I do like coconut, I thought I would give this a try. Not bad at all, but the subtitle should be “Wheres The Ginger”. It has a very nice high quality green base, and the coconut is nicely balanced, but the ginger does not show up to the party. The quest continues…

I prefer black teas to green most of the time, but this blend makes a green tea that I can enjoy a great deal. I originally tried it when I ordered a Harney sampler sachet pack, and liked it so much that I ordered a 4oz tin. The prominent tastes of lemongrass and coconut are complemented by a hint of ginger at the end of each sip. The green tea base isn’t too grassy or vegetal, but still has a distinctive taste among the other ingredients. I’m drinking this tea hot at the moment, but I love it as an iced tea as well. As others have pointed out, it would go fabulously with the Asian foods that share similar flavor profiles.

A delicious green tea if you don’t mind a lot of flavor. This was one of the first loose teas I ever bought and is still one of my favorite flavored teas.

I just had this tea for the first time and I loved it. Such a unique flavour and aroma. Very smooth green.

This is my favourite tea, hands-down. I had never had any H&S tea before this one, and this tea made me decide to seek out more of their blends because I loved it so much. The richness of the coconut is perfectly balanced by bright ginger and lemongrass. This is wonderful cold, it’s wonderful hot, it’s wonderful with a splash of almond milk, it’s wonderful plain. I cannot go without having this tea in my cupboard.