Edit tea info Last updated by SimplyJenW

• “Tea of the morning..... We are finally into the first full week of school. It has taken quite an effort to get here. There were lots of meetings, shopping for supplies, and just more to do than...” Read full tasting note
    SimplyJenW 958 tasting notes
  • “This new Chinese black is currently a staff favorite for the first tea of the day! Roasted notes of cocoa swirl in this Keemun. Flavorful and smooth, this tea is more medium bodied than the Hao Ya...” Read full tasting note
    harneytea 157 tasting notes

From Harney & Sons

On Mike’s first trip to China in 1996, he visited the charming village of Hong Tao (Red Peach) in the hills outside of Keemun in the Anhui Province of China. It was great day, what a charming little village and they sure made lovely tea. Over the years, Mike forgot about this. So when this tea came to his attention again, he had to offer it.

About Harney & Sons View company

Tea of the morning…..

We are finally into the first full week of school. It has taken quite an effort to get here. There were lots of meetings, shopping for supplies, and just more to do than we had been doing in our leisurely Summer. Oh, and band. Band seems innocuous, unless you are the uniform Mom. I am feeling like I kind of have time for some catching up.

As I look back over the Summer, I realized I did not drink near the amount of Earl Grey that I usually consume. My tea consumption has mostly gone over to China black teas and black tea blends. There has been almost no consumption of flavored tea other than Earl Grey, Rose, and Lychee. My favorite jasmine black tea has kind of lost its flavor. PSA: Drink the delicate flavored teas quickly! I do have another sealed pouch of it. We shall see if that made a difference.

This is the only Keemun I have in my cupboard right now as I drank all of the others. This one can handle being the only. It is roasty, cocoa noted, slightly malty, with a very, very light hint of smoke. It feels heavy in the mouth. It is a wonderful, extremely enjoyable example of a Keemun, and it looks like it is sold out online. That is a shame. I stocked up, though, and have a few more tins to go!

Usual teapot method.

This new Chinese black is currently a staff favorite for the first tea of the day! Roasted notes of cocoa swirl in this Keemun. Flavorful and smooth, this tea is more medium bodied than the Hao Ya A and B.
-RA

ashmanra

Ooo, sounds wonderful!

SimplyJenW

I think I need some, too! ;)