Blood Orange Fruit Tea

Fruit Tea
Fruity, Sweet
Edit tea info Last updated by Lala

• “Thank you *Lala* for this sample. My third cold steep, I have caught the bug and will be trying them out all day. The weather is bright and warm here today so it's just as well. In raw form...” Read full tasting note
    KittyLovesTea 1075 tasting notes
  • “This must be a newer tisane at Harney and Sons because I had to add it to steepster myself and there is actually limited information on it on the Harney website. But it is pretty much what it is...” Read full tasting note
    Lala1 762 tasting notes
  • “I just had this one after a 12 hour drive and I was expecting something pretty amazing from the citrusy scent. I was slightly let-down from the actual taste, seeing as it was next to nothing...” Read full tasting note
    Courtney 678 tasting notes
  • “I really like this one..hot it's...ya know...un natural...I fell like hot fruit is unnatural...I mean unless it's in a pie crust.... But it smells HEAVENLY citrus. On ice it's awesome! It's...” Read full tasting note
    alibeebu 119 tasting notes

From Harney & Sons

Product description not available yet.

About Harney & Sons View company

Thank you Lala for this sample.

My third cold steep, I have caught the bug and will be trying them out all day. The weather is bright and warm here today so it’s just as well.

In raw form this tea smells lovely, very orangey and sweet. Not quite blood orange but more tangerine like. Still nice though.

Cold steeped for roughly 5 hours this tea is orange in colour and has the same juicy tangerine scent. Flavour is delicious, delicate and juicy, refreshing and sweet. Orange is one of my favourites and I was curious to see what the cold steeping would do to it. It tastes like a tropical orange juice that suits the hot sun perfectly. The sort of thing I would enjoy daily…may have to pick some of this up.

Iced
KittyLovesTea

I just looked online and they don’t have Blood Orange available to buy anymore :( Sad kitty.

Lala

I just checked the Harney website and they now have it available. I just searched “blood orange fruit”. I was worried when you said it wasn’t available anymore – this is a nice herbal. Hopefully happy kitty soon :)

KittyLovesTea

I see it on there but it wont let me add it to my basket, in any size. It looks sold out or just broken.

This must be a newer tisane at Harney and Sons because I had to add it to steepster myself and there is actually limited information on it on the Harney website. But it is pretty much what it is named, it is a fruit tea.

The dry tea appears to be a mixture of dried fruit and orange peel. It smells like a mixture of candied orange and grapefruit. It has the tartness but it not what I would consider blood orange.

The colour of the brewed liquor is hands down the colour of blood orange. But the smell of the brewed liquor is more like the rind of an orange peel.

The taste is actually quite good. It tastes more like a tangelo to me. Not blood orange at all. There is very minimal tartness to it. I did not see any hibiscus in the dry blend, and I do not pick up any taste of it in the brewed tea (and there are no ingredients listed on the website).

Overall a good orange flavoured tisane, but a disappointment in the blood orange tea search.

I just had this one after a 12 hour drive and I was expecting something pretty amazing from the citrusy scent. I was slightly let-down from the actual taste, seeing as it was next to nothing compared to the scent, even after a 5 minute steep.

The blood orange taste was clear but not as strong as I was expecting. It tasted great but I’d prefer if it had that great taste but in a stronger form.

Thanks jessiwrites!

I really like this one..hot it’s…ya know…un natural…I fell like hot fruit is unnatural…I mean unless it’s in a pie crust….
But it smells HEAVENLY citrus.

On ice it’s awesome! It’s like the best orange grapefruit strawberry juice I’ve ever had but not so dang sweet (which is why I never drink juice)

Will buy some more of this for when I want a refreshing cold something. :)

Samples Only TTB
Maybe I understeeped this one because it’s pretty weak tasting. I iced it (of course), and it tastes sort of like one of those flavored waters, cold and refreshing but not packing a punch in the flavor department. It’s not bad, its just not was I was expecting based on the strong smell.

Boiling 5 min, 15 sec 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
Arshness

Pretty much my experience with it. It was super weak compared to the Adagio kind. I didn’t feel it was more “orangey” either. Just a very weak fruit tea.

Samples Only TTB

Decided to try my last two teas so I could put this in the mail today!
This is mildly interesting sweet, fruity tea.
It’s not as good as Adagio’s Blood Orange to me which has a more potent flavor and a more distinct taste of the fruits involved.
I would personally go with Adagio’s blend over this one, so not giving it a very high rating.
That said it wasn’t bad, so not giving it a very LOW rating either.

I’ll say I wouldn’t recommend because I’d recommend Adagio’s over this.

Flavors: Fruity, Sweet

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Caffeine Free Tea Box

Reeeeallly did not like this tea. Can’t even finish the cup. Tastes kinda like bile. Yuck.

0 tsp 4 OZ / 118 ML
Sarsonator

Oh wow! That sounds awful!!!

madametj

It was :(

My favorite, favorite fruit tea. Heavenly scent and equally heavenly taste. My go-to tea when I settle down at night and don’t need caffeine to keep me awake but still crave something tasty.

After having bought pounds and pounds of this tea (I should get a volume discount :-)) I know that this tastes best when using a lot of tea. My cup is one of those jumbo cups that hold an actual 25 ounces and I use 4 super-heaped teaspoons in a large Finum filter. I pour filtered, boiling water over it and then steep it for 8 minutes. Delicious! This has also become the most requested fruit tea in my house. But like I said, using a very generous amount of tea is key to get maximum enjoyment out of it.

Boiling 8 min or more