Black Fruit Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “Tea of the morning..... I seem to be going through all of my floral, citrus, and Earl Grey varieties these days. I guess that is what I like in the summer. This one is always reliable hot or...” Read full tasting note
    SimplyJenW 956 tasting notes
  • “Oooooooh Lychee! You are sweet, fruity, and rosy. You blend so well with this medium bodied Chinese tea base. I love you and you make me smile! (I think lychee must have what jasmine has -- a...” Read full tasting note
    JacquelineM 1112 tasting notes
  • “Lychee, you're next! Last of my re-stocked Harney teas, except for Paris, which I already blew threw and no longer have in my cupboard. Again, this is still my favorite lychee black tea, despite...” Read full tasting note
    dinosara 1851 tasting notes
  • “So in full disclosure, I have never actually tasted real lychee fruit, mostly because I have do idea how you eat one. Do you peel it, are their seeds, do you eat the seeds - it stresses me out :) ...” Read full tasting note
    Lala1 709 tasting notes

From Harney & Sons

This is a traditional flavored black tea from China. Brigitte loves its fruity flavor. If you want, it can also be served iced.

About Harney & Sons View company

Tea of the morning…..

I seem to be going through all of my floral, citrus, and Earl Grey varieties these days. I guess that is what I like in the summer. This one is always reliable hot or cold. It is definitely my favorite iced tea, but hot it is wonderful, too. Notes of citrus and rose perfectly together with a good solid tea base. It is definitely in my top teas to always have on hand.

Usual teapot method.

ashmanra

Just ordered my Diamond Jubliee loose leaf pound with matching black and gold tin! :) Thanks for telling me we could get a custom label made!

SimplyJenW

Did you call? I need to do that today!

JacquelineM

Oooh! Diamond Jubliee is back in stock! (runs over to the Harney site) I just placed a wee order for the sachets (I WANT THE TIN!!!), a tin of Lychee, and a tin of the classic black iced tea sachets to try out. Wheee!

ashmanra

I did call! And she applied my free shipping coupon and points without me even asking first. When she gave the total, it had already been done! She offered to have them apply the label for me, too, so it will be straight.

SimplyJenW

I called and ordered mine….they were not as good with the codes for me…. :/ I had to tell them.

ashmanra

I told her that Michael had offered it for $25 on Facebook and their price was listed as $26 which would have been fine but she changed it anyway!

SimplyJenW

Yes, and I said the same thing and did not get the price. I had to pay $26. Hmmmm.

ashmanra

Oh dear. Maybe I spend more money there than I realized….

SimplyJenW

I am sure you do order quite a bit with your tea parties, but I am not anywhere near an occasional orderer. I have probably spent over $500 with them in the last year.

ashmanra

Well, we should both get a Bat Phone line, then!

SimplyJenW

Well, part of mine is because I went to the shop/tearoom for my Birthday last year…. but a Bat Phone would be cool!

Oooooooh Lychee! You are sweet, fruity, and rosy. You blend so well with this medium bodied Chinese tea base. I love you and you make me smile! (I think lychee must have what jasmine has — a substance that makes me happy!)

LadyLondonderry

I think they are known as jacquiphoric compounds. ;)

JacquelineM

I am so keeping that word forever:)

ashmanra

I thought I had tried lychee and found it horrible. Then I tried a tea with lychee and loved it. Thanks to a shop we went in yesterday, I know that what I tried was Longan, and I think there must have been something wrong with it because it did NOT taste the way wiki describes it! It tasted like Tilex Bathroom cleaner, of which I can not abide the smell!

Lychee, you’re next! Last of my re-stocked Harney teas, except for Paris, which I already blew threw and no longer have in my cupboard. Again, this is still my favorite lychee black tea, despite having tasted a few of them by now. Harney often does a single fruit-flavored black tea so well! This tastes like ripe, lovely lychees, and once again the base is substantial but not too robust. Love!

So in full disclosure, I have never actually tasted real lychee fruit, mostly because I have do idea how you eat one. Do you peel it, are their seeds, do you eat the seeds – it stresses me out :) But I do like lychee flavoured things.
The dry tea smells of lychee flavour on top of a strong black tea base, but it is very perfumey.
The brewed tea smells of the same lychee perfume. The tea tastes like a medium boldness black tea base. There is a lychee fruit taste to it, slightly perfumey, but not bad. The perfume taste almost reminds me of rose petals. Overall a good tea, but I would have preferred a more fruity flavour. I may try to add some sweetener next time. It is slightly sweet on its own, but maybe some sugar would bring out more of the fruitiness.

momo

haha I’ve only had lychee flavored things too, the last time I bought a fruit to try because I’d only had flavored things (guava), it was a total failure so I’ll stick with things flavored like it.

I am pretty sure this sample came from SimplyJenW. If I am right, many thanks! Several people are now using QuiltGuppy’s type of packaging so it is hard to keep track!

I did not expect to like this tea. I did not expect my guest at tea today to like it. When my eldest daughter came home from Hong Kong she wanted us to try Lychee fruit and in addition to looking like eyeballs I thought it tasted like strong bathroom cleaner. Maybe we had bad ones…

This tea….not so! In fact, I really felt like I was drinking Harney’s Rose Scented Tea, easy on the rose and with a touch of lemon. It was truly delightful and light and very, very smooth. Surely this is a Ceylon base? This is probably going on a future shopping list.
This was my guest’s favorite tea today, and I enjoyed it very much!

JacquelineM

This sounds delightful. Must go on my list!!!

Thank you again to JacquelineM for sharing and introducing me to this fantastic tea I had never tasted lychee and now I know what I have been missing as it is absolutely divine. I agree with Jacqueline in that if I did not know it was lychee I might think there was a hint of Roses. This tea is so very smooth and velvety in the mouth. I tried mine slightly sweetened and it is perfection! Mmmmm , so yummy!i

This is a nice, simple Chinese black tea with just enough added flavor to complement rather than overwhelm the tea’s natural taste.

Smells like the interior of a lychee shell, kind of woody and kind of fruity. Very light lychee taste. This would probably be refreshing in the summer, iced.

Had this tea this morning. It’s been a while. It was a nice light flavor to wake up with. I think I am going to try to make this an iced tea. I feel like that would make it even more refreshing.

this is one of my favorite morning teas—with a good jam and toast delish