Black Currant

Black Fruit Blend
Currant
Black Currant, Fruity, Berry, Berries
Loose Leaf, Sachet, Tea Bag
Edit tea info Last updated by plasticdaffodils

• “Ugh, computer problems. It is annoying that probably my whole day will be taken up trying to fix and repair things. I need a comforting tea, and preferably one that helps me bust my sample stash....” Read full tasting note
    dinosara 2036 tasting notes
  • “My tea of the afternoon...or with lunch, actually. We have been on a short, last of summer trip this week, and we just happened to be in the neighborhood of the Harney & Son's Millerton Shop. We...” Read full tasting note
    SimplyJenW 974 tasting notes
  • “Another backlog from last night – such things will happen when you have people over until far too late lol Ah well, at least a really enjoyable evening. Another tea from the travelling tea box...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 5400 tasting notes
  • “Fiance and I went and saw Desolation of Smaug last night, and while the Tolkien purist in me wanted to weep, it was an excellent film in it's own right and I'm sad I have to wait until next year...” Read full tasting note
    moraiwe 616 tasting notes

From Harney & Sons

John’s first flavored tea. It has “big” fruity, berry flavor. This full-bodied tea has become a traditional favorite in fine restaurants all over America.

About Harney & Sons View company

This is really good, but be aware that it is pretty strong. I liked it cold, I was able to steep it twice if I stuck to three minute steeps. I love how currants are fruity without being sweet, it gave the tea a nice fall vibe to it. I would absolutely purchase (this was a sample).

A blend of China black tea and currants, this one has a very fruity aroma. Its totally delicious. The fruitiness is balanced and not overpowering. I dig. Would drink again for sure.

Flavors: Black Currant, Fruity

A nicely balanced tea. Neither too fruity, nor too bland. It is hard for me to describe black currant but it makes me feel nostalgic and is paired well with the Chinese black base.

Flavors: Berry, Black Currant

205 °F / 96 °C 5 min, 0 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML

This is a sort of H&S staple, and no wonder. Nice black tea base + sophisticated fruit flavor = winner.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

MMMMMMM, this is my favourite H&S tea I’ve had. I find most of them have the same base and there is something about them I don’t like, but this one is different. And the black currant flavour is really natural and the perfect strength.

TTBC2 #14

This tastes a little bit too “generic fruit tea” for me to want to stock up on it, but at the same time it was a very flavorful, nice cup. Something to go well with a meal, when one usually doesn’t ponder upon the complexity of tea flavors – because there isn’t much of it here.

I did enjoy it, though!

OMG, this smells just like black Jelly Babies, which were my favorite growing up. I haven’t had one of those candies in years (sadly, not vegan). I’d drink this tea just to smell it, because it brings me back to Christmastime when my family would buy a bunch of candy from the Irish shop to share. Jelly Babies, Flakes, Crunchies, Roses, Cadbury’s fruit and nut bars, and, of course Tayto Crisps.

so last night, i couldn’t leave well enough alone after my cozy Candy Cane green tea to ease into sleep, so i brewed up a cup of Paris at 12:30 in the morning. haha.

today, i decided to try its twin: blackcurrant ‘seemingly blueberry’ jam!!! this, my friends, is Paris in its birthday suit! if only for the fact that it contains no bergamot, vanilla or caramel aside from the blackcurrant; they taste pretty much identical!

i was lucky enough to find a 50-bag box of this at Fairway for $5.49! what? i’m lucky to find boxes of 20 for upwards of $3 but i digress.. the Harney & Sons tea gods were shining down on me…what a great find. they also had some of the classics such as Earl Grey, as well as Hot Cinnamon Spice & Organic Green with Citrus and Ginkgo….all in boxes of 50 for 5.49. what an economical way to sample some of their teas. i’m impressed.

since i knew that blackcurrant was the key flavor in Paris, i thought, why not try their Blackcurrant? i figured i couldn’t go wrong; i figured right. really, if i didn’t know any better, i would think this was Paris. i also wouldn’t know it wasn’t loose leaf!

whatever they put in their bags is of very high quality, at least judging by this box. i’m inclined to throw my hands up in the air because i just struck gold with some of my favorite tea!

the color of the liquor is a gorgeous amber red that darkens pretty quickly, and the taste is just delicious. it’s luscious and fruity, with berries all around. i think the only thing you won’t get from the teabags that you would in the loose leaf is the abundantly fragrant experience upon opening the bag.

Flavors: Berries

__Morgana__

I like this one, too.

boychik

Do you like this more than Ahmad BC?

The sweet taste of black currants with a smooth black tea. Good cold or hot but I prefer it hot. No sweetener needed. I’ve never tried it with sweetener as I thought it would ruin the taste. I also love the dry smell as it greets me every time I open the can.

Enjoyable hot with a touch of agave, but tastes medicinal if it cools. No bad all-around. Very smooth base, no bitterness.