Black Currant

Black Currant, Black Tea
Berries, Berry, Black Currant, Fruity
Loose Leaf, Sachet, Tea Bag
Edit tea info Last updated by Harney & Sons The Store

• “Ugh, computer problems. It is annoying that probably my whole day will be taken up trying to fix and repair things. I need a comforting tea, and preferably one that helps me bust my sample stash....” Read full tasting note
    dinosara 2183 tasting notes
  • “My tea of the afternoon…or with lunch, actually. We have been on a short, last of summer trip this week, and we just happened to be in the neighborhood of the Harney & Son’s...” Read full tasting note
    SimplyJenW 985 tasting notes
  • “Another backlog from last night – such things will happen when you have people over until far too late lol Ah well, at least a really enjoyable evening. Another tea from the travelling tea box...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 7973 tasting notes
  • “Fiance and I went and saw Desolation of Smaug last night, and while the Tolkien purist in me wanted to weep, it was an excellent film in it’s own right and I’m sad I have to wait until...” Read full tasting note
    moraiwe 616 tasting notes

From Harney & Sons

John’s first flavored tea. It has “big” fruity, berry flavor. This full-bodied tea has become a traditional favorite in fine restaurants all over America.

About Harney & Sons View company

I found this flavored black tea good, but not as impressive as my favorite black currant offered by Upton Tea. I’m glad I tried it, though.

On a quest, I found this at the town market. Thankfully I’d brought enough gold. It has a nice berry scent. And is pretty fruity in general. The flavour is a mild berry, but really good. Have with scones before going on adventures.

Flavors: Berries, Berry, Black Currant

On the 8th day of sipdowns…

This morning I threw my last (of 2) Harney Black Currant tea bag into my mug and accidentally oversteeped it. It was okay, but the black tea definitely drowned out the currant notes from over steeping :/ I’ll probably pick up a little more of this one.

Flavors: Black Currant

This is really good, but be aware that it is pretty strong. I liked it cold, I was able to steep it twice if I stuck to three minute steeps. I love how currants are fruity without being sweet, it gave the tea a nice fall vibe to it. I would absolutely purchase (this was a sample).

A blend of China black tea and currants, this one has a very fruity aroma. Its totally delicious. The fruitiness is balanced and not overpowering. I dig. Would drink again for sure.

Flavors: Black Currant, Fruity

A nicely balanced tea. Neither too fruity, nor too bland. It is hard for me to describe black currant but it makes me feel nostalgic and is paired well with the Chinese black base.

Flavors: Berry, Black Currant

205 °F / 96 °C 5 min, 0 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML

This is a sort of H&S staple, and no wonder. Nice black tea base + sophisticated fruit flavor = winner.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

MMMMMMM, this is my favourite H&S tea I’ve had. I find most of them have the same base and there is something about them I don’t like, but this one is different. And the black currant flavour is really natural and the perfect strength.

TTBC2 #14

This tastes a little bit too “generic fruit tea” for me to want to stock up on it, but at the same time it was a very flavorful, nice cup. Something to go well with a meal, when one usually doesn’t ponder upon the complexity of tea flavors – because there isn’t much of it here.

I did enjoy it, though!

OMG, this smells just like black Jelly Babies, which were my favorite growing up. I haven’t had one of those candies in years (sadly, not vegan). I’d drink this tea just to smell it, because it brings me back to Christmastime when my family would buy a bunch of candy from the Irish shop to share. Jelly Babies, Flakes, Crunchies, Roses, Cadbury’s fruit and nut bars, and, of course Tayto Crisps.