Chocolate Mint

Black Herbal Blend
Chocolate, Peppermint, Mint, Creamy, Sweet
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “I have Nutella at home. This is a very good thing, because gosh, I love Nutella. This is also a very bad thing because all I can think about is Nutella! I can’t wait to go home and eat...” Read full tasting note
    JacquelineM 1112 tasting notes
  • “I’m obviously in something of a minority here, as this tea was pretty much exactly what I expected it to be and I enjoyed it quite a bit. Let me say first, though, that I put about 1.5 tsp in...” Read full tasting note
    __Morgana__ 1184 tasting notes
  • “Ohmahgosh little hand-held wand milk frother, where have you been all my life?! I resisted buying you because if Amazon is to be believed you break at the drop of a hat, but let’s be real...” Read full tasting note
    ifjuly 613 tasting notes
  • “I’m really surprised that I’ve never had this tea before. It is delicious and here is another Harney’s tea that I’d like to purchase in a tin. The peppermint definitely...” Read full tasting note
    JosieJade 358 tasting notes

From Harney & Sons

The aroma of luxurious Chocolate Mint swirls divinely in the air. Chocolate extract embellished in peppermint leaves blends beautifully with Chinese black tea to make a popular drink as beloved as sweets of the same flavors. Each subtly sweet sip glides refreshingly over the palette in a long cool mint finish. Indulge in the sweet and strong chocolate notes as an irresistible after dinner tea.

About Harney & Sons View company

Yummy! I love mint and that is the main tone of the tea with subtle chocolate flavors.

Okay so after reading Cait’s review I thought “Yeah why not have dessert tea for breakfast!?” So I looked in my cupboard and discovered this Harney and Sons sample just sitting there staring out me it. It was as if it was saying Hey Lady if your going to go for a dessert tea you might as well give me a try! :) So I accepted the offer.

I open the package to discover it smells like an Andes Mint or the cheaper version (junior mints) and so I start to think about the smell while I let it steep and realize it smells like Adagio’s Cocomint.

I would normally pick a Harney and Sons tea over an Adagio tea any day that’s just me though. So back to the review so steep’s over and the tea still smells like an Andes mint I say Andes because it smells richer than a junior mint. I take a taste after letting it cool a few minutes and the first thing that hits me is MINT, WHOA! It’s like it shocked my tongue into wake up mode and not necessarily in a good way not bad but not hey that’s really good. I need more let’s at it to my shopping list good more like if I was out somewhere and someone offered it to me I would probably accept it but I probably wouldn’t offer it to you if you were visiting that’s unless of course you said hey I want a mint chocolate tea and even then I probably steep you up some Cocomint. :))

It’s a pretty good tea while I don’t really taste the chocolate I know it’s there it’s not the main character though the mint is definently the Angelina Jolie of this tea. It’s a good tea not better than Adagio’s even though it smells a little better than Adagio’s it’s not better just a little stronger in mint flavor.

So I just moved recently and one of the cool things I finally have near me is a Super Target. I spent way too much time there yesterday. But the highlight was that they carry a couple of H&T blends including this one. This was quite tasty. A good balance of mint and chocolate. I had it as a dessert last night and it was exactly what I needed.

I LOVE this tea, It’s my personal favorite. The aroma and flavor are exceptional! Thanks, Harney & Sons

An absolutely delightful tea. Smells heavy of chocolate, but doesn’t taste it (long steeps may add a very slight chocolate taste.) A very comforting tea, and a very tasty mint. So far a hit with everyone I’ve served it to.

A little more minty flavor than chocolate but delicious just the same. Reminds me of the York Peppermint Patties I hide in my freezer.

Ali Bee's Bake Shop

I totally hide Yorks in my freezer too.

The children don’t have school today, and it is pouring down rain – so of course they are going bonkers and driving me up the wall with boredom. I just want to write in peace. The house is freezing, and I’ve managed to chug three cups of this stuff in as many hours. I’ve got the water boiling again, and might manage another two before I have to get started on dinner.

I wanted to try something different from Teavana’s Cacao Mint Black, & I really like this Harney & Sons alternative. Nice chocolate/mint pairing, lot of body but it wasn’t overpowering to me like I found Florence to be.

My sister bought this.

Much too sweet for everyday drinking, but probably good as a dessert digestif… except that it’s a black tea and I’m sensitive to caffeine so I won’t drink it after dinner. It has a very artificially sweet smell like a cheap chocolate candy. The odour of this tea clings to my Thermos and it took me 5 days of washing and soaking to get the smell out.

I’ll try it with milk at some point, but I’m guessing this one won’t be coming out very often.

Flavors: Chocolate, Peppermint

Sipdown 18 of 2016. Purchased 1/2016 – Finished 2/2016.

I really really really wanted to like this tea but I just couldn’t. The mint flavor in this tea was fantastic, but there was nothing to support it. There was not a strong tea flavor, and there was not really even a hint of chocolate in my opinion. At first I thought well maybe I just didn’t use enough leaf, but for my second pot of this I almost doubled the amount of tea and still it provided a really weak base. I am glad I got to try this one, but I am still on the hunt for a minty cocoa treat.

ashmanra

Could it need to be shaken or turned over a while? My son-in-law loves this one in sachets from Target. Maybe the loose leaf is weak. Our last two batches of green hot cinnamon have been weak. It was disappointing.

TeaTiff

I perched this as a loose leaf sample. Both pots of the sample were pretty weak. I am not sure if it was just a bad sample, or if it is just he way the tea is.