Chocolate Mint

Black Herbal Blend
Chocolate, Mint, Peppermint, Sweet
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “I have Nutella at home. This is a very good thing, because gosh, I love Nutella. This is also a very bad thing because all I can think about is Nutella! I can't wait to go home and eat Nutella!!!...” Read full tasting note
    JacquelineM 1112 tasting notes
  • “I'm obviously in something of a minority here, as this tea was pretty much exactly what I expected it to be and I enjoyed it quite a bit. Let me say first, though, that I put about 1.5 tsp in...” Read full tasting note
    __Morgana__ 953 tasting notes
  • “Ohmahgosh little hand-held wand milk frother, where have you been all my life?! I resisted buying you because if Amazon is to be believed you break at the drop of a hat, but let's be real here:...” Read full tasting note
    ifjuly 613 tasting notes
  • “I'm really surprised that I've never had this tea before. It is delicious and here is another Harney's tea that I'd like to purchase in a tin. The peppermint definitely takes the stage with this...” Read full tasting note
    JosieJade 358 tasting notes

From Harney & Sons

The aroma of luxurious Chocolate Mint swirls divinely in the air. Chocolate extract embellished in peppermint leaves blends beautifully with Chinese black tea to make a popular drink as beloved as sweets of the same flavors. Each subtly sweet sip glides refreshingly over the palette in a long cool mint finish. Indulge in the sweet and strong chocolate notes as an irresistible after dinner tea.

About Harney & Sons View company

Love this tea and sad to say its my last cup, I’ve decided to switch it up and restock with the florence to get my chocolate fix. The aroma of this tea is very clearly chocolate mint, but what I enjoyed was the minty, cooling flavor of the tea. I didn’t get too much of a chocolate flavor, mostly because the mint was so strong. I’ve enjoyed this both hot and iced, and felt that it was slighltly better hot. One thing I wanted to try with this but didn’t get around to would be to make a tea mocha by adding in some hot cocoa mix, def on the list of things to try when I get it next.

Refreshing and tasty :)
Both mint and chocolate are noticeable. I enjoyed this more with milk.
Probably couldn’t have this everyday but it’s nice once in a while

Backlog from last week. We were on vacation and I didn’t have much chance to drink tea. I was lucky enough to stumble on a little shop that had mostly coffees and such that had a display of Harney & Sons for sale. They had mostly sachets but also a few loose leaf and tea bags as well. We had some friends with us that day and they bought some coffee to go. I saw they had tea bags in the coffee service area so I asked if they had any other tea available to try. She had a couple of tins with sachets that she said I could choose from too… Yeah! The tea bag varieties they had didn’t interest me so I was happy… I had been wanting to try this one anyway.

One of my first loose leaf tea loves was a mint chocolate tea. I have considered ordering this one before when they had a sale but still had some of the other blend in my drawer.

This is a nice mint chocolate blend… I say mint first because that flavor is more prominent. The chocolate is there, but not overly so. I miss the creaminess that some other mint chocolate blends that I have tried have. I like this, but think there are others like it I enjoy more.

Flavors: Chocolate, Mint

Aroma: Sweet chocolate mint
Liquor Color: Deep amber
Liquor Flavor: Minty chocolate with a very smooth tea base
Notes: I love mint and chocolate so naturally when I got this tea I was really excited. Well, I have to say, I was impressed. The mint and chocolate were in perfect balance, and my mouth waters every time I smell this. It’s a great dessert tea, and I love to use it to make tea lattes. Yum. I can’t get enough of it.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

The aroma of the dry leaves smells like peppermint patties and chocolate mints, exactly like them. The aroma of the liquor carries the same sugary, mint candy qualities. It’s really conjuring Christmas memories for me, which is totally out of season but I digress.

On to the taste. First and foremost is mint. Though the mint is the strongest note, it’s good mint, and it’s balanced by the chocolatey flavor. I say chocolatey because I’m not tasting a very strong presence of chocolate, more of a smooth, warming hint of chocolate. Either way, it’s rather tasty.

This said, I’m not tasting tea at all. In this case, I don’t mind because it tastes very good, but it is something to consider.

Flavors: Chocolate, Peppermint, Sweet

Received this sample from Sil, a chocolate mint tea I’ve never tried!

I thought this one was pretty good, but not overly chocolatey. It didn’t taste fake at all so that was appreciated but I could have used some more chocolate.

So far my favorite chocolate mint tea is still strangely enough Shamrocks and Shenanigans by Della Terra, not that it’s natural at all but the addition of the vanilla flavouring makes it more dessert like for me, which I guess is what I want in a chocolate mint tea.

Thanks for sending this my way, Sil! :)

i do like the vanilla addition from della terra to chocolate mint

Courtney

I’m with you with Shamrocks & Shenanigans. So bizarre, but yet so tasty.

I over indulged (but fruit salad, veggies and chicken breast ) at lunch time and I need something for my little tummy. There has been an evil thread lately about chocolate (sigh) so i was thinking chocolate and mint Well, how about that… Chocolate Mint and I hadn’t even tried it yet. It’s very tasty and doing just the trick for my tummy. The chocolate isn’t predominate but it is present. Very relaxing cuppa.

Suziqzer

MMMmm… I enjoy chocolate and mint together too. I go through times when I enjoy chocolate in teas and times when I’m not as crazy about it… goes in cycles, but chocolate and mint almost always work for me. :)

I spilled like a third of this on my sofa today, and now my sofa smells like a tootsie roll.

Could be a helluva lot worse, no?

Well, that’s a third of delicious tea I didn’t get to drink, which admittedly left me a bit grumpy indeed. Oh well. The rest of it was still minty and creamy and chocolatey and so comforting for a Sunday when I totally feel like I should have woken up earlier and gotten more done, but oh well. I did make about a million tea cozies during the week and finished the line art for a piece I’ve been meaning to get to the publishers for ages, but kept feeling like it wasn’t working, so I scrapped the whole thing and started a new one. FUN.

My Harney & Sons tribute continues with Chocolate Mint. Chocolately, creamy, minty, energizing…mmmmmmm. Such a great tea! And I had a great time drinking it today while dance-cooking around my kitchen in my Star Wars apron while listening to this amazeballs playlist that Cavocorax recommended in one of her tasting notes:

So good. So I’m just finishing this tea up while I wait for my creation to cool a bit in the fridge: tequila-lime shrimp quinoa salad. Here’s to you, Mr. Harney and the fabulous company you built.

Cavocorax

Yay! Dance cooking!

soooooo i keep drinking this and forgetting to log it. Mostly because it’s “ok” but nothing out of this world. I think i’ve given up on finding the perfect black base chocolate mint since i have stacy’s herbal – peppermint patty. it seems to be all i need in a mint chocolate tea. That being said, this one from Harney is one of the better crafted minto chocolate blacks, so i’d be likely to land on this one if i had to pick one from the bunches i’ve tried. the chocolate and peppermint balance out well, the base is present but not astringent and it’s nicely done on the whole.

ifjuly

i feel the same way about peppermint patty! but as choc-mint teas go, i do like this one sometimes. it tastes like a thin mint to me. and it’s good as a latte, yum.