Chocolate Mint

Black Herbal Blend
Chocolate, Peppermint, Mint, Creamy, Sweet
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “I have Nutella at home. This is a very good thing, because gosh, I love Nutella. This is also a very bad thing because all I can think about is Nutella! I can’t wait to go home and eat...” Read full tasting note
    JacquelineM 1112 tasting notes
  • “I’m obviously in something of a minority here, as this tea was pretty much exactly what I expected it to be and I enjoyed it quite a bit. Let me say first, though, that I put about 1.5 tsp in...” Read full tasting note
    __Morgana__ 1184 tasting notes
  • “Ohmahgosh little hand-held wand milk frother, where have you been all my life?! I resisted buying you because if Amazon is to be believed you break at the drop of a hat, but let’s be real...” Read full tasting note
    ifjuly 613 tasting notes
  • “I’m really surprised that I’ve never had this tea before. It is delicious and here is another Harney’s tea that I’d like to purchase in a tin. The peppermint definitely...” Read full tasting note
    JosieJade 358 tasting notes

From Harney & Sons

The aroma of luxurious Chocolate Mint swirls divinely in the air. Chocolate extract embellished in peppermint leaves blends beautifully with Chinese black tea to make a popular drink as beloved as sweets of the same flavors. Each subtly sweet sip glides refreshingly over the palette in a long cool mint finish. Indulge in the sweet and strong chocolate notes as an irresistible after dinner tea.

About Harney & Sons View company

Sipdown 18 of 2016. Purchased 1/2016 – Finished 2/2016.

I really really really wanted to like this tea but I just couldn’t. The mint flavor in this tea was fantastic, but there was nothing to support it. There was not a strong tea flavor, and there was not really even a hint of chocolate in my opinion. At first I thought well maybe I just didn’t use enough leaf, but for my second pot of this I almost doubled the amount of tea and still it provided a really weak base. I am glad I got to try this one, but I am still on the hunt for a minty cocoa treat.

Could it need to be shaken or turned over a while? My son-in-law loves this one in sachets from Target. Maybe the loose leaf is weak. Our last two batches of green hot cinnamon have been weak. It was disappointing.

I perched this as a loose leaf sample. Both pots of the sample were pretty weak. I am not sure if it was just a bad sample, or if it is just he way the tea is.

This sipdown brings me back down to 40! I still want to sip down a few more things before I’d even begin to consider ordering anything anywhere, like Bayswater. Chocolate Mint was nothing spectacular. Average chocolate mint tea.

I wish I was at 40. Alas, I am weak and the shopping continues. My 365 days of tea isn’t exactly helping this because now I am trying to make sure I have a new tea for each day :P

Evol Ving Ness

DELETEless than a minute ago
Alas, I am weak and the shopping continues.

As long as you’re drinking tea every day, all should be well and justified? Haha.

lol that’s my logic

I’ve now tried a bunch of Harney’s chocolate flavored teas and found them all quite enjoyable. They’ve also been a favorite of the many redditors to whom I’ve sent some in trades and beginner tea samplers. It seems a key is to realize that you’re about to sip a chocolate flavored tea — not a thick, rich hot chocolate — and you’re set for a good experience.

Chocolate Mint is no exception. For science, I took a few sips straight first (totally drinkable), but if I’m drinking a dessert tea I like to do it up. Today, cream and simple syrup help bring out the flavors in this delicious cup.

I would say that the chocolate is more subtle here than in, say, the straight Chocolate (of course) or the SoHo (which is chocolate with coconut and vanilla). Here it’s more about the mint, which lends a refreshing aroma and taste. Although the chocolate may not be super chocolately, it is still an effective base that gives the tea a depth and richness — there’s no mistaking this tea for straight mint tea, for example.

I steeped this tea three times, starting with 4 min and increasing 1 min each time.

Rarely do I rave about a flavored tea; I generally find the description more enticing than the brewed cup, and rarely would I consider ordering more after trying a sample. This tea is an exception for sure. I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it.

This is a compilation of the different cups I’ve had of this. Because I got the bagged variety, this was an easy tea to take with me to work while I was staying with my in-laws. When I’ve made it with boiling water, it’s too bitter for my tastes and I don’t get a lot of mint or chocolate. On its own, in cooler water, I get minty black tea. But the best is when it’s made with cooler water and a touch of sweet creamer. Liquid. Andes. Mints.

I’m tempted to get more of this as its replacement (Adagio’s Grasshopper) doesn’t have as strong of a chocolate/mint taste to it.

Flavors: Chocolate, Mint

190 °F / 87 °C 3 min, 0 sec 16 OZ / 473 ML

This is a decent chocolate mint tea. It’s pretty strong; both of the flavors. Reminds me of an Andes mint. Recently, if you have seen my other tasting notes, I’ve realized that I’m not a huge chocolate tea kind of person, which makes sense since I’m not really much of a chocolate person anyway. But I could see myself drinking this one every once in a while. Not bad, not my favorite though. But it’s a good tea, pleasant drink. If only it were fully herbal, then that would give me more reason to buy it…Not really sure what it is.
Just saying herbal/black tea on here. So yeah, I dunno. Anyway! Happy I got to try it, thanks for the sample The Cookie Lady!! I will enjoy the second tea bag of this you gave me later. (:

Flavors: Chocolate, Mint, Peppermint

Had this earlier in the week! Great tea. A nice mix of chocolate and peppermint :) Reminded me a bit of the Jack Frost blend from Adagio (Cara McGee), but this was a bit more robust with the chocolate, and less cream.
Great tea! But sad that I kinda left it in my timolino for so long and now it smells like this tea :(

Not bad, but just not something that really makes me happy. I think there is too much peppermint. It was overshadowing the chocolate for me. Gave the rest of the tin to a friend after trying a few cups.

This one smells heavenly! I’m drinking it instead of coffee this morning because I need less caffeine and more comfort.

I get earth, snappy peppermint, and chocolate from the dry leaf smell and the steeped liquor smell. I can tell already that this is a very well-balanced blend.
Sipping… I taste mostly mint, with the chocolate kind of winding up in the undertones. I bet if I added milk and a bit of sugar next time, it would punch the chocolate up a bit more.

Still a highly enjoyable cup!

Flavors: Chocolate, Mint

Oohh, I’ve never tried this with milk and sugar. What a good idea!

I have a Chocolate Mint Oolong from Stash Tea that’s pretty darn tasty with milk and sugar, so I’m imagining that this one would be good with them, too. :D

Overboard TTB #3

I’m not getting much of anything from this tea… definitely no chocolate and only a hint of mint which I don’t so much taste when I’m drinking the tea but more so as a slight minty tingly sensation in my throat afterwards… Not going to rate as I’m thinking this tea could be a little on the older side which has reduced the flavor and is skewing my experience.

Another tea at the boyfriends house, which is lovely, as it lets me cheat, and drink new teas, without breaking the ban!
Did you know that the Harney Tins have “effects” listed on them? This one says it sweetens me and my loved ones. Ha! Cute. Now I need to go read all the rest.
I’m not the worlds biggest fan of chocolate teas, but a chocolate mint isn’t bad at all. I won’t be bringing this into my own cupboard, I think, but it will be nice to have every once in a while, as a guest tea.