Chocolate Mint

Black Herbal Blend
Chocolate, Mint, Peppermint, Sweet
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “I have Nutella at home. This is a very good thing, because gosh, I love Nutella. This is also a very bad thing because all I can think about is Nutella! I can't wait to go home and eat Nutella!!!...” Read full tasting note
    JacquelineM 1112 tasting notes
  • “I'm obviously in something of a minority here, as this tea was pretty much exactly what I expected it to be and I enjoyed it quite a bit. Let me say first, though, that I put about 1.5 tsp in...” Read full tasting note
    __Morgana__ 953 tasting notes
  • “Ohmahgosh little hand-held wand milk frother, where have you been all my life?! I resisted buying you because if Amazon is to be believed you break at the drop of a hat, but let's be real here:...” Read full tasting note
    ifjuly 613 tasting notes
  • “I'm really surprised that I've never had this tea before. It is delicious and here is another Harney's tea that I'd like to purchase in a tin. The peppermint definitely takes the stage with this...” Read full tasting note
    JosieJade 358 tasting notes

From Harney & Sons

The aroma of luxurious Chocolate Mint swirls divinely in the air. Chocolate extract embellished in peppermint leaves blends beautifully with Chinese black tea to make a popular drink as beloved as sweets of the same flavors. Each subtly sweet sip glides refreshingly over the palette in a long cool mint finish. Indulge in the sweet and strong chocolate notes as an irresistible after dinner tea.

About Harney & Sons View company

It’s exactly what it says on the tin. I bought this on a lark, but wasn’t that impressed. The tea was good and smelled lightly like chocolate and mint. With certain steeps the tea tasted weak so I usually let the tea steep longer on later steeps and this corrected the problem (5+ minutes).

I guess my biggest complaint isn’t with the tea per se, it’s that I don’t care for chocolate flavored items. Either taste weak or too unlike chocolate.

Flavors: Chocolate

The smell and taste reminded me of extremely cheap, chocolate lollipops. The flavoring was sickeningly sweet, and not varied or rich like actual chocolate is. I also disliked the aftertaste, which followed suit.

One of my favorite chocolate teas that’s also dairy-free. I usually like to drink this in the morning—at least, I do during the fall and winter months. (And spring as well, considering how the weather goes in the Pacific Northwest.) I haven’t had it iced, not sure it would do well there; but then again, you never know until you try.

I picked this one up in sachets at Target on a whim. The chocolate didn’t make this as sweet as I expected so I added a teensy bit of honey. With a splash of milk, I had desert in a cup. Very yummy.

Out of all the teas available on Midgard, this one is by far one of my favourites. The amount of mint in it is perfect, present but not overwhelming making it literally “TEH BEST!!!!” Like the Dis—.. the Bloody Mouthed Ones it hits the sweet tooth head on and takes no survivors until all is consumed. 10/10, would drink again.

I love mint. I love chocolate. I like black tea. But this… I hate it. I don’t understand why, but I really can’t stand it.

I have the sachet version. I do think it is slightly more on the peppermint side than I prefer, and it just needs more ‘tea’ of the camellia sinensis type. All in all a good tea. I may brew it with less water as I used about 12 oz. Probably not something I would repurchase, but I would blend my own to get the perfect peppermint to chocolate tea ratio.