Chocolate Mint

Black Herbal Blend
Chocolate, Mint, Peppermint, Creamy, Sweet
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From Harney & Sons

The aroma of luxurious Chocolate Mint swirls divinely in the air. Chocolate extract embellished in peppermint leaves blends beautifully with Chinese black tea to make a popular drink as beloved as sweets of the same flavors. Each subtly sweet sip glides refreshingly over the palette in a long cool mint finish. Indulge in the sweet and strong chocolate notes as an irresistible after dinner tea.

About Harney & Sons View company

The aroma of the dry leaves smells like peppermint patties and chocolate mints, exactly like them. The aroma of the liquor carries the same sugary, mint candy qualities. It’s really conjuring Christmas memories for me, which is totally out of season but I digress.

On to the taste. First and foremost is mint. Though the mint is the strongest note, it’s good mint, and it’s balanced by the chocolatey flavor. I say chocolatey because I’m not tasting a very strong presence of chocolate, more of a smooth, warming hint of chocolate. Either way, it’s rather tasty.

This said, I’m not tasting tea at all. In this case, I don’t mind because it tastes very good, but it is something to consider.

Flavors: Chocolate, Peppermint, Sweet

Received this sample from Sil, a chocolate mint tea I’ve never tried!

I thought this one was pretty good, but not overly chocolatey. It didn’t taste fake at all so that was appreciated but I could have used some more chocolate.

So far my favorite chocolate mint tea is still strangely enough Shamrocks and Shenanigans by Della Terra, not that it’s natural at all but the addition of the vanilla flavouring makes it more dessert like for me, which I guess is what I want in a chocolate mint tea.

Thanks for sending this my way, Sil! :)

i do like the vanilla addition from della terra to chocolate mint

Courtney

I’m with you with Shamrocks & Shenanigans. So bizarre, but yet so tasty.

I over indulged (but fruit salad, veggies and chicken breast ) at lunch time and I need something for my little tummy. There has been an evil thread lately about chocolate (sigh) so i was thinking chocolate and mint Well, how about that… Chocolate Mint and I hadn’t even tried it yet. It’s very tasty and doing just the trick for my tummy. The chocolate isn’t predominate but it is present. Very relaxing cuppa.

Flavors: Chocolate, Mint

Suziqzer

MMMmm… I enjoy chocolate and mint together too. I go through times when I enjoy chocolate in teas and times when I’m not as crazy about it… goes in cycles, but chocolate and mint almost always work for me. :)

I spilled like a third of this on my sofa today, and now my sofa smells like a tootsie roll.

Could be a helluva lot worse, no?

Well, that’s a third of delicious tea I didn’t get to drink, which admittedly left me a bit grumpy indeed. Oh well. The rest of it was still minty and creamy and chocolatey and so comforting for a Sunday when I totally feel like I should have woken up earlier and gotten more done, but oh well. I did make about a million tea cozies during the week and finished the line art for a piece I’ve been meaning to get to the publishers for ages, but kept feeling like it wasn’t working, so I scrapped the whole thing and started a new one. FUN.

My Harney & Sons tribute continues with Chocolate Mint. Chocolately, creamy, minty, energizing…mmmmmmm. Such a great tea! And I had a great time drinking it today while dance-cooking around my kitchen in my Star Wars apron while listening to this amazeballs playlist that Cavocorax recommended in one of her tasting notes:

So good. So I’m just finishing this tea up while I wait for my creation to cool a bit in the fridge: tequila-lime shrimp quinoa salad. Here’s to you, Mr. Harney and the fabulous company you built.

Cavocorax

Yay! Dance cooking!

soooooo i keep drinking this and forgetting to log it. Mostly because it’s “ok” but nothing out of this world. I think i’ve given up on finding the perfect black base chocolate mint since i have stacy’s herbal – peppermint patty. it seems to be all i need in a mint chocolate tea. That being said, this one from Harney is one of the better crafted minto chocolate blacks, so i’d be likely to land on this one if i had to pick one from the bunches i’ve tried. the chocolate and peppermint balance out well, the base is present but not astringent and it’s nicely done on the whole.

ifjuly

i feel the same way about peppermint patty! but as choc-mint teas go, i do like this one sometimes. it tastes like a thin mint to me. and it’s good as a latte, yum.

Thanks Sil! (197)

Mmmmm…. This is chocolate mint done right! Not sure what makes it better than others, but it’s really outstanding. Guess I won’t need an afternoon snack after all!

Sami Kelsh

Mmm, I love chocolate mint!

ifjuly

i love all this harney chocolate tea love in my feed today! whee.

I am (almost) positive this is what Helen in Australia sent me, and I’m overjoyed that she did! This is an amazing tea, and exactly as it should be: rich, thick chocolate with minty goodness only accentuating, not overpowering. Just like a thin mint. Must get more of this…

Flavors: Chocolate

ifjuly

i love this one too. i rather like harney’s chocolate teas.

sherapop

Yum, sounds good. I need to try this one, as I really like their Valentine blend, which is chocolate.

Suziqzer

I’ve had my eye on trying this one… When I eventually place an order with them, this will likely be something I try. I did find a bookstore about an hour away that carries a few of their sachets, but not any of the flavors I was hoping for and &no loose leaf :(

MissB

Valentine Blend? Off to look… The Chapters by my house also carries some H&S, also no loose leaf however. If/when I do order again, I’ll wait for a sale, or go via Amazon, where shipping is much more reasonable to Canada.

Great Canadian TTB and sipdown!!

Thank you Sil for the chance to try this tea. It is a nice chocolate mint but really nothing special. My first sip reminded me a lot of Mint To Be by DAVIDs minus a bit of the coconut whereas subsequent sips have all been reminiscent of Della Terra chocolate mint teas. A pleasant cup to sip on but not something I will miss now that it is gone.

Suziqzer

I have wondered about this one since I’m a mint/chocolate fan. Now I can relate to being similar to Della Terra mint/choc blends .. Thanks :)

It’s exactly what it says on the tin. I bought this on a lark, but wasn’t that impressed. The tea was good and smelled lightly like chocolate and mint. With certain steeps the tea tasted weak so I usually let the tea steep longer on later steeps and this corrected the problem (5+ minutes).

I guess my biggest complaint isn’t with the tea per se, it’s that I don’t care for chocolate flavored items. Either taste weak or too unlike chocolate.

Flavors: Chocolate