Chai Hara (Green Chai)

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Christina

1 Tasting Note View all

• “I like green tea and I like chai spices, so this piqued my curiosity! The spices are strong and the green tea flavor is subtle, so I mostly tasted the spices. The first cup I had was quite good,...” Read full tasting note
    chrimabro 124 tasting notes

From Harney & Sons

We’re happy to offer a green tea version of our popular Indian Spice Chai Tea. Hara in Hindi means green, so this is a green tea with cardamom, cinnamon, nutmeg, coriander and ginger. Many enjoy this blend with milk.

We have offered our version of the traditional Indian Chai: Indian Spice for some time. However, people wanted it with a green tea base, so we re-thought the blend and made it a bit spicier than than the Indian Spice. People do enjoy this full-throated version. Most people do add some milk and sugar or honey.

About Harney & Sons View company

1 Tasting Note

I like green tea and I like chai spices, so this piqued my curiosity! The spices are strong and the green tea flavor is subtle, so I mostly tasted the spices. The first cup I had was quite good, and I had it without sugar or cream. I resteeped the leaves, this time adding rock sugar and some half-and-half. The spices remained strong after the second steep and the tea had a classic “masala chai” flavor, but the green tea taste was barely detectable. In the future, I’ll probably only steep this once. I’m looking for a good masala chai to get regularly, and of the two I’ve had recently (small sample, I’ll admit), this one is in first place.