Anji Black

Edit tea info Last updated by SimplyJenW

• “Second tea of the morning.... I splurged! I have had my eye on some of the more premium China black teas at Harney & Sons. The most recent offer of $5 off a $50 order put me over the edge. I...” Read full tasting note
    SimplyJenW 972 tasting notes

From Harney & Sons

This an ancient tea that has been rediscovered and made into one of the most sought after green teas in China. This is an enchanting black tea version. It stole our hearts!

About twenty years ago, this special cultivar was found in the northern Zhejiang Province, and it has been a big hit ever since. People, including teamen, wax enthusiastically about the great combination of flavors, sweetness, and body. Mike visited Anji on his recent trip to China. While enjoying some lovely green tea, he also had some black tea made at the same tea factory. It was delicious and brought some back for your ( and his) enjoyment. It is a stellar blend of a mouth filling, tongue coating , and honey flavors.

About Harney & Sons View company

Second tea of the morning….

I splurged! I have had my eye on some of the more premium China black teas at Harney & Sons. The most recent offer of $5 off a $50 order put me over the edge. I purchased the last tin of this on site at the time, and a 2 oz. tin of Keemun Treasure. I do think it is the most expensive tea I have purchased to date. My first pot of tea for the day was their Citrus Blend which I will review at a different time, but I love that one, too.

This is….remarkable. Notes of chocolate and honey. The leaves look exactly as they do in the photo….a mass of tight, narrow, dark curls. Mouthfeel is heavy and rich. It is Keemun Mao Feng’s super sweet, unsmokey little sister. Yum. How I wish there was more available. (I just looked….they have some!)

Usual mug method. I am going to shoot for a resteep.

TeaBrat

oooh! sounds lovely

Dinosara

Wow, I have to try this one!

SimplyJenW

My 6 minute resteep is pretty awesome, too!

SimplyJenW