30th Anniversary Blend

Black Tea Leaves
Sachet
Edit tea info Last updated by boychik

• “I have determined that traveling with loose leaf is not for me, too messy. Not to mention the odd stares I get from the non tea drinkers. In order to get through the next few weeks of travel I...” Read full tasting note
    Teatiff 422 tasting notes
  • “July 15th came and went, and unfortunately sherapop was not the winner of the Harney Fest sweepstakes! That's okay, because my consolation is having purchased a tin of this fine black blend in a...” Read full tasting note
    Shera Pop 1382 tasting notes
  • “this tea was on my wishlist and was sent to me by *boychik* man i have to say, i wish this was in loose leaf form. I am not a fan of teabags even though i tolerate them sometimes. I am, however,...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 5370 tasting notes
  • “When you are in a hurry but you want something nice rich satisfying good for Timolino, that's the tea. i enjoyed it while trying to scoop my kids from schoolyard. this tea made me calm. Thank...” Read full tasting note
    boychik 418 tasting notes

From Harney & Sons

It was a mere 30 years ago that I started this journey of Harney & Sons. And I am quite pleased at the progress. At the beginning, it was just me a few teas. Now, my sons assist me with many others and we offer you over 300 teas. Thanks! John Harney
Dry Leaves Large black tea leaves sprinkled with Chinese Silver Needle and Yunnan Golden Tips.
Liquor A rich brown
Aroma This is an unflavored tea, so the aroma is that of toasty Assam with a hint of the earthiness of Yunnans.
Caffeine Level Caffeinated
Body This is a medium bodied black tea. The strength from the Ceylon and Assam are lightened be the Silver Tips and Golden Tips.
Flavors The traditional flavors of good Ceylon & India: Toast and light honey notes with that hint of Yunnan earthiness and spice.
Brewing Time 5 minutes
Brewing Temperature 212ºF

About Harney & Sons View company

I have determined that traveling with loose leaf is not for me, too messy. Not to mention the odd stares I get from the non tea drinkers. In order to get through the next few weeks of travel I ordered some sachets from H&S. I am beginning to love H&S. They are reliable, decent priced, and so many options.

This tea came in a HUGE beautiful tin. I brewed up a cup this morning and it smells wonderful. This tea taste malty, slightly sweet, slightly astringent. It is full bodied and rich. I am really enjoying this. I look forward to spending the week with you 30th Anniversary Blend.

MzPriss

I love H&S. I may need to order some of this for the same reason. I have a teastick that is not optimal for travel – it’s hard to get the tea into it without spilling. I want some of their soba anyway so maybe I’ll just order some of this. I WISH their Golden Monkey came in sachets.

TeaTiff

Oh Golden Monkey how I love thee. I almost placed an order for another tin when I put in this order, but held off. I do wish the GM came in sachets for travel. That would be really nice. I looked at the 1lbs price for GM to order next time, but that truly would be a “shitload” of GM.

Cheri

I’ve been there. I’ve done both, traveling with tea and things were fine, and traveling with tea and I had no good way to deal with leaves and messes, and people looking at me funny.

TeaTiff

Cheri – yeah it the depends on the kinds of accommodations. For my trips coming up I will be living out of the bags on my bike or backpacking, so taking the extra stuff to make loose leaf happen is not worth it:)

sherapop

I love this tin, too!

Nicole

I would split a pound of GM with you if you wanted. :) Eventually. When I can buy tea again. :) I was going to grab the 30th Anniv but put my foot down about another order so soon. Glad to hear it is good. On the list it goes!

MzPriss

A shitload of GM would be beautiful, beautiful thing

TeaTiff

Nicole I would take you up on that! I can totally justify half a lbs if GM. Sherapop. It is soo big, but a great addition to the tins. MzPriss a beautiful thing indeed.

July 15th came and went, and unfortunately sherapop was not the winner of the Harney Fest sweepstakes! That’s okay, because my consolation is having purchased a tin of this fine black blend in a gorgeous black and gold embossed tin, complete with a raised escutcheon!

The dried tea in the sachet is beautiful with all of the different kinds of leaves. One might say that this is something of an ecumenical blend, since it combines Ceylon, Assam, Yunnan Gold Tips and China Silver Tips. Well, they left out Africa, but as a British legacy version of an ecumenical blend, this is a pretty good effort.

The scent of the brew is malty like Assam, but this is not just another English breakfast blend. For one thing, I am drinking it au naturel, while I generally drink Assam-rich blends with cream. The liquor is not reddish but golden amber, a clear indication that there is Ceylon and Yunnan in the mix.

I like this blend and am grateful to John Harney and Family for all that they have done for the world of fine tea! May Mr. Harney rest in peace.

205 °F / 96 °C 4 min, 0 sec 2 g 9 OZ / 266 ML

this tea was on my wishlist and was sent to me by boychik man i have to say, i wish this was in loose leaf form. I am not a fan of teabags even though i tolerate them sometimes. I am, however, a fan of this tea! it’s a really nice blend of toasty, malty, sweet, earthy deliciousness. haha just a really nice cup of tea. if only it were in loose leaf form! thanks a ton for sharing with me boychik!

boychik

It is loose in their SOHO shop. 2oz minimum. I’m happy you liked it. I find it reliable.

Oh man….wish I could pop down for a weekend hahaha

When you are in a hurry but you want something nice rich satisfying good for Timolino, that’s the tea. i enjoyed it while trying to scoop my kids from schoolyard. this tea made me calm. Thank you Harney & Sons for such a reliable tea.

TheTeaFairy

I was wondering about that one, almost ordered last time but decided on Queen Catherine instead, which is also very reliable.

boychik

I want to get it in loose form. Queen is número uno!

I would like to start the day but saying Thank you John Harney and family, Thank you!

Harney is one of my fav tea companies. So I was super excited to be able to pick up this special edition 30th Anniversary blend. It came in the usual Harney sachet form.

This tea is SOOOO good! The assam is bold and malty. But the Yunnan gold tips and silver tips definitely add a lot of silky smoothness the tea. It is lightly sweet, very natural tasting. There is a slight earthiness to the tea but it mixes well with the maltiness of the assam.

Definitely no additions needed for this tea. I will be drinking this on all day, and will shed a few tears when it is gone.

Courtney

Ooh, sounds tasty!

i really thought about picking this one up, i just get tired of bags.

Lala

I was a bit disappointed it only came in sachets too, but I am glad I picked it up.

good to know :)