Peaches & Ginger

Black Fruit Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Ryan Burress

• “I am Jack's indignation. It's not like I haven't had this tea before. I have, and it was pretty good. Not great, but pretty good. Certainly worth sharing with Mum, who likes both peachy and...” Read full tasting note
    bleepnik 117 tasting notes
  • “Had a nice cup of this one the other day. The ginger flavour reminds me a lot of that in S&V's Ginger Pear, which is tasty but certainly a more perfumey tea. I don't quite get peach here, but the...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2221 tasting notes
  • “As promised, Peaches & Ginger black tea. This was my first tea of the day yesterday. I had a bagged ginger peach black tea at my parent's on Tuesday. I knew I had this one and that it would be...” Read full tasting note
    chrine 545 tasting notes
  • “Not my favourite. I liked the one I got from Steam Tea House way better, but they're not carrying it anymore. That one was more ginger spice and warmth with ripe peaches. This one is candy, and I...” Read full tasting note
    OMGsrsly 1169 tasting notes

From Harney & Sons

A popular addition to our flavored black teas, this blend combines the flavors of fresh peaches with ginger. It contains pieces of real peaches and ginger. If you like ginger, you’ll love this tea.

www.harney.com

About Harney & Sons View company

I am Jack’s indignation.

It’s not like I haven’t had this tea before. I have, and it was pretty good. Not great, but pretty good. Certainly worth sharing with Mum, who likes both peachy and gingery things. The last time I had this, I noted some bitterness, and I knew it was my fault for leaving the teabag in the cup as I sipped. I was certain that wouldn’t be a problem this time, since I planned to remove the bag after the tea’d steeped. Hmph. I was wrong.

I have to learn to trust my gut. A box containing black, bagged tea recommends steeping for five minutes in boiling water, and upon reading this my gut went, no, that’s asking for trouble. But I went ahead and followed the instructions anyway, and the result was a brew not too bitter to be drunk, but too bitter to be really enjoyed. This tea really does have a lovely peach flavour (I tasted and smelled a bit of ginger last time, but it wasn’t there at all this time), which was greatly marred by the bitterness. The worst part was that Mum’s a Tetley tea drinker, and every time one of “my” “fancy” teas turns out blech, there’s this only-partly-imagined accusatory glare: “My Tetley would never do this to me.” I say again, hmph. I blame H&S for the dodgy instructions, but myself for not knowing better. Next time I’m going to try a three-minute steep, and I’m going to take the tea out of the bag, put it in an infuser, and grate some fresh ginger into it. That should do the trick. (Thank goodness I have a box of this to find the right formula…)

I’m going to have to lower my rating from 75 (my “hey, this is pretty good!” range), though, to something in my “decent, but could be better with help” range, because I think it really does need help to shine.

Terri HarpLady

Peaches and Ginger and black tea…yummmmmmmmmmmm

Nik

One would think…! =\

Serenity

Such a challenge to brew flavored teas due to this conundrum: herbal tisanes need a lengthy steeping to let all those fruity flavors shine, yet black and green teas often need a much shorter steeping time or else the flavor isn’t ideal. What to do? I wonder if this solution would ever work: brew a peachy gingery tisane in one tea pot or cup, and then brew a cup of delicious black or green tea in another pot/cup. When they are both done, combine, and enjoy. ?

Nik

That might work, but I’m entirely too lazy to try. =) I’m really hoping the three-minute steep results in a peachy enough brew that isn’t bitter. If not, into the swap bin this goes!

Serenity

lol as I was writing my idea I was like, uhhh, no, too much work, even with tea bags! I like your idea better. : )

Had a nice cup of this one the other day. The ginger flavour reminds me a lot of that in S&V’s Ginger Pear, which is tasty but certainly a more perfumey tea. I don’t quite get peach here, but the fruitiness is more rounded and less floral, which makes it perhaps a bit more enjoyable.

As promised, Peaches & Ginger black tea. This was my first tea of the day yesterday. I had a bagged ginger peach black tea at my parent’s on Tuesday. I knew I had this one and that it would be better but hadn’t tried it yet. So that was my inspiration to try this tea.

The peach was like a fresh just soften real peach. Not super ripe dripping juicy peach nor still quite firm peach. But that point in between the two. A nice sweet peach. The ginger is the warming type of ginger, not the spicy type of ginger. And the two pair well. If I had to say, I’d say the ginger was slightly more predominate. But it melds right into the peach. I can tell it’s a black tea base, but the base fades right into the background.

The second steep was weaker but fine.

My initial rating is a 74 (good range is 70-80). This tea is solid and enjoyable and I happily sipped through my two mugs of it.

mrmopar

We have a tin of this we just got from the sale they had. Can’t wait to try it.

I ♥ NewYorkCiTEA

Looking forward to reading your tealog on it!

Not my favourite. I liked the one I got from Steam Tea House way better, but they’re not carrying it anymore. That one was more ginger spice and warmth with ripe peaches. This one is candy, and I don’t like the base as much.

I love ginger peach tea. The one I like best is a herbal. So I jumped at the chance to try this black blend from Harney’s. The smell reminds me almost of a sweet candy. Gingery and peachy but sweet. The brewed tea tastes like sweet candied ginger. There are undertones of peaches. The sweetness is not overpowering though. The black tea be seems to give it a bread-y type flavour. This tea really reminds me of those dessert sticky gelatin rice balls that you can get in some sushi restaurants. The taste gets stronger as the tea cools.

Ysaurella

that sounds really yummy I think I never had a tea with such a combination.

caile

That does sound tasty!

Thanks to BoxerMama for this sample, which I’m finally getting around to trying out. Actually, I drank it yesterday, with stevia. The sample was generous enough 4 2 cupfuls, & during the 2nd cup I shared it with Tony. He liked it! Finally we agree on a tea!

I’m not a big fan of most flavored teas, but I am a sucker for Peaches & Ginger, & together? Oh yeah, Baby! So it is nice & peachy flavored, with enough ginger to bite, just a little. I’d like the tea base to be a little malty/bready tasting, but it did have a buttery texture, & that was nice. I enjoyed both cups!

my morning was kinda a mess. nothing went accoring to plan.
but somehow i got 2 cups of tea down my gullet before i left the house.
that’s a small win.
my sis was right, this does have a strong peach tone to it. the ginger is just a slight slight hint at the very end of the swallow. which is fine. it’s just a touch of fruit zest!
it’s a very nice cup. glad to have this sample.

Seems I’m in the minority here! I love this tea! It’s quite creamy in flavour and the slight ‘hotness’ from the ginger comes through after. Glad I decided to add this to my order!

Terri HarpLady

Being a fan of both peaches & ginger, I would probably love that one too!

BoxerMama

Wanna try it?!

Sure! I would love to! :D

Hmm, I love Harney and peaches and ginger, but this one – while it smells amazing – has too much artificial flavor/sweetener and I can’t really deal. Oh well, it’s the last of it in the house.

Woke up in a bad mood – wish I were in Miami Beach!

Shmiracles

we are going to Miami! let’s visit all the tea shops. all. all of them all.

oddree

Alllllllllll of themmmmmm. Plus every MyCeviche. And we’ll drink some Miami Vices.

OMGsrsly

Ohhh, that sounds heavenly. Sun and tea.

Shmiracles

idek what a Miami Vice is, but i want 2 already.

This tea smells deliciously like ripe peaches, first off. The scent fades a bit once it’s brewed, but even then, it smells like summer to me. And it tastes pretty peachy, too, and not in an overwhelming way like most peach teas. You can still taste the tea, and the peach isn’t at all artificial or overly sweet. It’s pretty great.

That said, I wanted it for the ginger — I love ginger more than just about anything — and the flavor’s just not there. The effects are; it balances the peach, I think, and there’s a bit of a tingle with each sip. But you can’t really taste the ginger itself, or smell it, which is a little disappointing.

It’s still pretty tasty, though. Great way to wake up on a summer morning.