Irish Breakfast

Malt, Wood
Edit tea info Last updated by Ryan Burress

• “I have a dear friend who loves rainy and cloudy days. She finds them romantic. I always think of her when it is cloudy, which is the only good thing I can find about repeated cloudy days. The...” Read full tasting note
    ashmanra 1876 tasting notes
  • “Tea of the morning here, what looks to be a nice broken leaf assam. I have gone through a few tins of this now and have always enjoyed it, especially for the price: $6.25/4 oz. I also like their...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2585 tasting notes
  • “Wow, this was like a punch in the face. After it melted the paint off the walls I noticed a fruity taste. It smelled malty but I didn't notice it in the taste. This is what I thought Irish...” Read full tasting note
    ks6 1413 tasting notes
  • “Tea of the morning..... Wow. Pow, right in the kisser. This one is strong. Of course I need to preface with the fact that I don't like to add milk to my tea, so that will play a factor in my...” Read full tasting note
    SimplyJenW 974 tasting notes

From Harney & Sons

100% Assam, like most traditional Irish blends, this is a good way to start your morning. Like cereal, it takes milk and sugar well. In contrast to other vendors, ours is a little more refined.

www.harney.com

About Harney & Sons View company

Since I’ve been trying teas other than Assams, I was almost afraid to go to this blend. I am finding that what rules what I “want” each day in a cup is ruled by the astringency in the tea. Some days I find it easier to tolerate the dryness it creates in my mouth. But as I made a pot of East Frisian that was WAY too strong yesterday, I decided to power through my chicken-ness and have a cup of this….. As usual, there was no need to be chicken. This isn’t a high astringency blend of assams. It is a malty cup of goodness, especially on a chilly drizzly day….with milk and sugar as usual. Nom. I’m hoping it makes me feel more literary, as I have to go work on a writing class assignment now….

Flavors: Malt

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

A strong black base with slight floral or fruity notes, leaves quite a dry feeling in the mouth, had with milk and 1 sugar.

My partner who is much more of a black tea drinker than I said it was her new favourite breakfast tea.

I would happily drink it with a meal, I don’t find it quite tasty enough to have on its own, my partner loved it so much she finished both of our cups.

It’s quite a jolt. Very strong. I think I’ve become spoiled, but I much prefer Mangalam FOP as my morning breakfast. Good, but not something I’d want to keep in the house again.

Was a little sketchy about trying another new black tea since they never seem to taste how I expect, but this one surprised me! Why it’s kinda woody still, I can definitely taste the malt. Which is one of the things I like best about black teas!
This tea is strong, and yet kinda creamy. If I end up not buying more of this, I think I’ll at least enjoy the rest of the sample I got!

Flavors: Malt, Wood

A nice, bold cuppa
I spiked it with a bit of honey…
talk about Heaven…
wonderful way to start the day

CelebriTEA

This one stands up well for a solid re-steep
(2nd steep is great!)
Thanks Harney & Sons…
I love that you supply quality bagged teas…

I like a nice Assam in the morning. I take it with a splash of 2% milk. My main requirements is to have this strong and malty. This is not bad. I suspect I will keep looking for the “perfect” morning cup, but this can stay in the kitchen as I search. It’s a nice quality CTC leaf, the dry leaf has a great scent. I brewed this up in the One Touch and it made a nice morning cup.

Drinking this for my morning cup. I wanted a breakfast tea, but English Breakfast is a little too mellow for my tastes. This Irish Breakfast is similar to Twinings in taste, but with much nicer depth of flavor. I don’t add things to my tea, and though this one is pretty strong, I almost wish I had gotten one of their Scottish blends, which are supposedly stronger.

Love, love, love. We buy this by the pound. Goes well with Irish cream.

blended with Upton Scottish. 4 min steep with m/s

A favorite in the morning, with a nice amount of CTC Assam in it to give it a hardy boost of flavour and body.