Hao Ya 'B'

Edit tea info Last updated by Ryan Burress

From Harney & Sons

This Keemun is made in late Spring and is a great value tea. It is less intense than Hao Ya A, but still stronger than English Breakfast. It has warm toasty notes with hints of chocolate. Origin: China

www.harney.com

About Harney & Sons View company

This brew has a very smokey aroma and a nice, dark color. The flavor is bold and earthy, only slightly bitter, with a crisp, dry finish. I can see this tea being an excellent substitute for black coffee. The flavor is strong enough to be enjoyed without cream or sugar, but they do add a new dimension to the flavor. This Keemun seems to me, at least, to have a rounder, more mouth-filling taste than English Breakfast while still having that dark, slightly smokey Keemun quality you don’t find in an Assam, for example. In general I prefer Indian black teas, but I was pleasantly surprised at how much I like Hao Ya ‘B’. It is a very satisfying cup of tea.

I am really undecided about this tea, I disliked it brewed for 5 min and at 3 I wasn’t sure. Will have to have some more. Loved the smell