African Autumn

Fruit Rooibos Blend
Cinnamon, Fruity
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “This sort of tastes and smells like the liquid orange jello I'm drinking along side it (_maybe that bit shouldn't have been shared with the world_). Although, this is noticeably more rooibos-ish...” Read full tasting note
    CrowKettle 496 tasting notes
  • “This tea has not gotten very good ratings on Steepster so far and after trying this sample I can see why. The aroma of it reminds me of orange kool-aid or tang. Actually it was not as tart as I was...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2402 tasting notes
  • “I’ve actually had this tea before – many, many years ago before I even knew what red tea was. I’m not really sure what I thought of it then, but I don’t think it was all that positive. Based on...” Read full tasting note
    aug3zimm 911 tasting notes
  • “One last test of this tea before disposing. I hate to trash tea, but really, this one is not for me as a hot tea. However, as an iced tea, it is not too bad. I definitely get an orangey taste as...” Read full tasting note
    SimplyJenW 974 tasting notes

From Harney & Sons

A brew of African Autumn pours a brilliant royal orange liquid. The much-admired autumn hue comes from the rooibos, an herbal plant grown in South Africa also known as red bush. Upon fermentation, the leaves dry under the hot African sun changing color from vivid green to deep red. The mellow rooibos tempered by cranberry and orange peel has a wildly sweet and smooth aroma and a cool, minty flavor, at once refreshing and soothing. African Autumn is a great herbal and caffeine-free substitute to tea.

About Harney & Sons View company

Dig Rooibos, dig the packaging on Harney & Sons teas. In the latter sense, this is like a poor man’s Mariage Freres. In the former, this is not the greatest Rooibos I’ve ever had, but always suitable for impressing company with its fine aroma and appearance.

It smells a lot like fruit cocktail. There seems to be too much cranberry, and not enough orange. I’d like it better with spices. Not bad, but it would make a better juice.

I’m afraid I couldn’t make myself drink this one .. It smells nice, and it brews into an incredibly pretty colour, like a stunning orange sunset! But the taste, well it was simply unpalatable to me, even with sugar ..

I should note that after emptying my cup I actually tried two other Rooibos teas and had a similar experience with each, so I won’t bother giving a numerical rating – it’s just not my thing ..

I also found it a bit sad to pull a deflated sachet out of the cup after all the puffed out tetrahedrals the black & greens produced .. Call me odd but I think there’s a little bit of magic in watching tea leaves rehydrate, but this started & finished looking dead :(

But again – very pretty infusion colour!

I was at Barnes & Noble and the selection was limited, so this was my choice. I’m not usually a fan of fruity teas, so I don’t know why I was hoping this one would be different.

I found this to be entirely too sweet. Both the cranberry and orange were cloying to the point of nearly gagging me.

Had to make a stop at a Barnes and Nobles after work yesterday evening and ended up buying a cup of this sweetened with honey. Made for a pleasant reading experience.

This tea smells amazing, you can smell the cranberry and the orange subtly again the lovely red leaf tea. I have now tried this tea both hot and iced – it is fantastic either way. It only needs a bit of sugar when it’s iced, when it is hot it is fine without sweeteners of any sort. I recommend this for rooibos tea lovers as well as those who love the fruitier teas.

This is a red tea that made me glow with pride for buying it. It’s a cranberry orange redbush cup. You can really taste the presented flavors well. Cranberry and orange makes me feel very happy. Harney and Sons use very good ingredients and their blenders are astute. Every time I’m at the book emporium I see the rack with this tea on it and I smile.

Had this tonight at Barnes and Noble. It’s good, but not as good as Mighty Leaf’s African Nectar!

while steeping it smells really nice but I felt it was lacking on flavor. I might have not steeped long enough & water might have been too hot. going to have to give it another try

To be honest, I don’t understand the bad reviews but as well I’m just starting out and new to tea. I did taste a fresh fruit flavor but nothing that was orange, I did add a packet of sweetener to the cup.

I did taste cinnamon and other flavors that a Roobios has, and I was generally satisfied with the tea.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Fruity